Social Boise State U. Prof. : women should be kept out of Engineering, Law & Medical school

Divorce rates are hardly the issue. While not as low as in the 1950's, they were at a 50 year low in 2021 in the US:

Divorce in America has been falling fast in recent years, and it just hit a record low in 2019. For every 1,000 marriages in the last year, only 14.9 ended in divorce, according to the newly released American Community Survey data from the Census Bureau. This is the lowest rate we have seen in 50 years. It is even slightly lower than 1970, when 15 marriages ended in divorce per 1,000 marriages.
https://ifstudies.org/blog/the-us-divorce-rate-has-hit-a-50-year-low

More importantly, divorce rates being held artificially low because women simply didn't have a choice and couldn't support themselves financially isn't a good thing just because.
{<huh}

That's more than 6x higher than it was in the 50s. Their "50 year low" was 14.9 out of 1000 marriages, 1955 was 2.3 out of 1000. And it's even worse when marriage rates are now at a 120 year low as well. Marriage licenses issued were 6.5 per 1,000 adults for the most recent year collected, and were 16.4 per 1000 adults in 1950. So now combine marriage rates in the first place being much less than half with divorce rates being more than 6x higher from the already much smaller rater, and that is a complete breakdown of the stable nuclear family.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/29/marriage-rate-falls-to-lowest-level-in-120-years/

Last edited:
I cut out the rest of teh quote because I had already posted the full quote previously BUT you kept insisting the grass is not green. So to make it more obvious for others reading the comments and to make it harder for you to ignore I choose the most pertinent words.

He says "Every effort" must be made not to recruit women into engineering , medical and law.
"Every effort" = do whatever possbile to deny women a career in engineering, medical and law.

What he said is not about our culture pushing women into these field and quotas. He wants proactive action to deny women the opportunity to enter these fields.

-
Divorce rate was low, but part of the reason was that men and women , especially women, were pressured and coerced into staying in unhappy or abusive relationships. Women were expected to put up with a lot more stuff back then.
Cool, then explain why women have gotten progressively less happy every decade since, particularly women who identify as "very liberal".

And now include the second half of the sentence that says "but rather demand more from men who become engineers".

If it helps you, you can just put the 2nd half first to say the same thing. Every effort should be made to demand more from the men who become engineers rather than trying to recruit women into fields that they haven't chosen for themselves.

And yes, quotas and pushing women into these fields is most certainly is what he was talking, and that you assume he wasn't is the problem with reading a shit media hit piece rather than watching it yourself. Here is the entire speech.

Last edited:
You say this, but based on which metrics? I'm all for women, or men, staying home if that's what they want, but I don't believe that the participation of women in the workforce is a negative. And I certainly don't believe women should be discouraged from doing exactly what they want. It's a matter of balancing free time with hours at the job at a societal level and many countries around the world makes this work. As I said, based on the metrics you initially provided, countries with equal or higher workforce participation rates don't have these issues. I would know, I live in one.

I think blaiming most of the, particularly American, societal ills on women participating in the workforce is reductionistic and neglects other more important reasons why those ills exists. It seems to me more of an ideological argument than a practical one.

The problem is that you are so conditioned to think work, productivity and efficiency is the normal way of things that you cannot see any other way to live. There is much more to life than working. This obsession with working and efficiency is a very protestant idea.

What metric? For starters, how about the growing number of mental health problems and the endless calls for more access to mental health? If that is not an indication something is seriously wrong with how we are living today, then I don't what is.

I agree women should have a choice. If they choose a career, then they should not have a family. You can't properly raise children with both parents being dedicated to a full-time career outside of the home. The reason women stayed/stay home with children is because their body was designed to give birth, breast feed and they tend to be more nurturing than males. As far as I am concerned, it is criminal to drop a child off at 12 months of age so the daycare can raise it and the mother can resume her career. The same goes for men. A man shouldn't even think about having a family if he is just going to dedicate his life to his career and never be around to properly love and help his wife and care for the children.

I'm not blaming social ills on women participating in the workforce. It is mainly men failing miserably as husbands and fathers who are responsible and played no small part in driving women out of the home. If anything, men need to smarten up and take marriage and child raising seriously so women will want to stay home with the children while the father earns money for the family.

Last edited:
There's definitely people on here that think the same thing. There's even one guy who thinks women shouldn't be able to vote.

I know quite a few "trad" guys who think the worst thing that happened to the U.S. was women being allowed to vote.

- Scott Yenor is a professor at Boise State University. Recently - at the National Conservatism Confederence - he stated that women should be kept out of Engineering, Law and Medical school. Women should be focusing on feminine goals like homemaking and having kids.

- He also said independent women are more medicated, quarrelsome and meddlesome than women need to be.

- The conference took place in Florida, and included keynote speakers: Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley and Marco Rubio

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/education/article256193492.html

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...ents/277-06cdb26c-0232-4bb4-81d9-ef29946fc8cb

“Our culture is steeped with feminism,” Yenor said during the conference. “It teaches young boys and girls that they are motivated by much the same things and want much the same things.”

“Thus girls are told to become as independent as boys are said to be. … They are more medicated, meddlesome and quarrelsome than women need to be.”

“Young men must be respectable and responsible to inspire young women to be secure with feminine goals of homemaking and having children,” he said, adding that male achievement in the country is not “celebrated.” “Every effort must be made not to recruit women into engineering, but rather to recruit and demand more of men who become engineers. Ditto for med school, and the law, and every trade.”

- --

This guy = Taleban / Wahhabi mindset. Unfortunately for him:

a) in the West, religon has less coercive power now than it did before the Civil Rights movement and
b) Christianity is just not effective in controlling women as Islam is.
Then the guy is a retard.

Anyone capable and wishing to learn should be able to go for any job they want. As long as no preferential treatment is given to meet dumb equalization goals and equality of outcome and it's "most qualified person for the job" equality of opportunity.

Na, your hospitals just had to start rationing care (you know, those "death panels" Obama was going to institute) because they were overrun with unvaccinated Covid patients.

Nah, it is fine. We will have a good winter too.

where is he supported having women as sex slaves and killing them?
The comparison isn't to say this guy is exactly like the Wahhabis and Taleban, it was only about him sharing some of the same patriarchal mindset, though obviously the Taleban are still far more extreme.

Interesting how Scott Yenor spends most of the time criticizing aimless, unmotivated, pleasure seeking males and how men have to take far more responsibility in life, but it is only the criticism he makes in the first few minutes on the negative influence of feminism and career obsessed women that people are freaking out about.

Yenor is NOT saying that women should stay home and men should be able to roam around and do as they please. He is saying that both men and women need to dedicate themselves to each other through marriage, make sacrifices to live for one another and their children in order to build strong families and, ultimately, a strong society. He is not wrong when he says the current model of selfish, individualistic, consumerist, careerism is not sustainable. The most radical thing people can do these days is take marriage and raising children seriously.

Back