Economy Boeing fires CEO ; fall-out from the 737 Max

i know quite a few of those people who work on those boeing airplanes and honestly they are dumb scares me

It isn’t a engineering problem, it’s a controls issue. Boeing didn’t have a adequate management of change system in place. That lands directly on management.

Ish'

The engineers knew. They were told to sit down and shut the fuck up, we are a business of profits.

Like I said, until you change management evaluations that demand you cut costs by 10% every year, you will see worker concerns disregarded, and bad decisions for a good performance review made.

i know quite a few of those people who work on those boeing airplanes and honestly they are dumb scares me

Now realize that the ones who are most willing to lick boots, and not the best and brightest of those people, are the one's they put in charge.

That should really scare the shit out of you.

Ish'

The engineers knew. They were told to sit down and shut the fuck up, we are a business of profits.

Like I said, until you change management evaluations that demand you cut costs by 10% every year, you will see worker concerns disregarded, and bad decisions for a good performance review made.

I agree engineers knew. Engineers do not implement business processes. Management does.

The management of change process requires competent individuals to sign off in approval regarding design changes. It creates a paper trail and therefore accountability.....which I agree is exactly what Boeing management was avoiding.

I agree engineers knew. Engineers do not implement business processes. Management does.

The management of change process requires competent individuals to sign off in approval regarding design changes. It creates a paper trail and therefore accountability.....which I agree is exactly what Boeing management was avoiding.

The efforts I have seen for a decade to stop process control, so that the workforce can't use process to push back on management efforts on cost cutting, is truly freightening.

Fired CEO Muilenberg will depart with $62 million in compensation and pension .

I wonder if other countries' big corporations reward their leadership in such manner even if they are fired?

Boeing's ousted CEO departs with $62 million, even without severance pay

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/boeings-ousted-ceo-departs-62-015644927.html

Sounds like that's just the salary he received while there, cashed out the stocks he'd been given, and then plus the pension that was already promised

So, bullshit, but not like they're giving him extra money. Just not fighting in courts to get any of his wages guaranteed in contract during his time there back.

Sounds like that's just the salary he received while there, cashed out the stocks he'd been given, and then plus the pension that was already promised

So, bullshit, but not like they're giving him extra money. Just not fighting in courts to get any of his wages guaranteed in contract during his time there back.

The failings in modern corporate governance are some of the most insidious, problematic and yet underplayed issues in current day.

Also it's very likely that he was contractually obligated to hold a certain amount of stock while CEO.

Once he's terminated he's no longer required to hold the stock so he exorcises all the options and cashes out.

Fired CEO Muilenberg will depart with $62 million in compensation and pension .

I wonder if other countries' big corporations reward their leadership in such manner even if they are fired?

Boeing's ousted CEO departs with $62 million, even without severance pay

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/boeings-ousted-ceo-departs-62-015644927.html
It's sad that a ceo can't really lose no matter how much they screw up. Immelt from GE walked away with hundreds of millions despite being a terrible ceo. Both three guys should be walking away with nothing, like a normal bad employee would be

Back