Bodybuilders perceived higher value than fighters...

Being alpha = being the most competent individual of the group and not being afraid to take the leadership position. The truth to the matter is that on many occassions the alpha status is not being achieved by the individual itself, but rather awarded by other members of the group who feel inferior/less competent, and thus afraid to lead. Just being swolle is not gonna automatically make you alpha, when there are other guys at the gym who lift as heavy and are more competent than you.

Key to being ultimate alpha is trying to be the most competent in fitness departament, self defence, at your workplace, etc. and mastering many useful skills (operating machines, firearms, etc.). And you can't pussy out when other people will come for advice. you need to be confident in your expertise.

Meh not really. Alot of girls actually think that body builders look like insecure tools tbh.

Also in general, mma fighters get far more respect that body builders, because body builders aren't really in shape at all.

Who's really more in shape, this guy?
View attachment 619877

Or these guys?
View attachment 619883
We’re humans, not gorillas. You’re not an alpha through size or looks.

Well you could say that Joe Rogan is the right mix of both physicality and ability when it comes to being an alpha. His wife is pretty hot as well and he seems to be the type of guy that women want. Joe was considered one of the sexiest men in show biz at the time:

bsymgbplnj101.jpg

Always fun hiking with "bodybuilders" and watching their bodies give up on them a quarter ways in.

Even though I made a mostly joking post earlier, I'll jump back in and say some of you are mistaken.

"Alpha" (in humans) is simply a sociosexual category. It correlates with the amount of sexual attention/resources received by a man relative to other males. In this case, the males that receive a gross disproportionate amount of sexual attention relative to others (even if they don't automatically pursue and take advantage).

There are a number of things that generally correlate with sexual attention/success (and yes, musculature is one of them), but there are many different pathways to high-level sexual success (think of your generic skinny rock star frontman or our Emperor Donald Trump). Some have zero to do with fitness and plenty of zero to do with fighting ability.

You can always spot the beta bodybuilder by the mean look on their face whenever they're looking at other males.

I thoroughly enjoy the fact that some of these (roided or not) jacked dudes feel the need to glare angrily at me or other males. It's probably like some sort of self-confirmation that they're badass, while they would probably get their brains bashed in whenever fighting someone that actually knows how to fight.

Real alpha's don't feel the need to act tough, because they already know they will destroy people behaving like this if it comes down to a fight.

Always fun hiking with "bodybuilders" and watching their bodies give up on them a quarter ways in.
Bodybuilders trying any martial art or endurance/cardio heavy sport for the first time is absolutely hilarious to see. Not too long ago a friend of mine joined my kickboxing class and you could literally see his ego deflate from 100 to 0 inside 15 minutes.

Women don't actually like the roided up, gym rat physique. Men do. Women prefer the leaner, male model type look. It's also healthier to maintain.

Really? Actually as far as I can see - and I travel quite a bit ... and I’m not young - women like athletic and/or professionally successful guys; bodybuilders are usually deemed as unattractive insecure losers by most ladies, except for female bodybuilders or a small minority of other women.

Fighters are also not appreciated by the majority of the female population, who see them as violent or as future CTE candidates or as losers in a damaging and dead end career (unless you are the 0.1% elite).

So ... both not the best pursuits to impress the opposite sex, IMO.

I mentioned specifically natural bodybuilding which is a healthier than extreme bodybuilding and more aesthetic. Of course no one bothers to to actually reads and they just respond with the image they have in their head based on the popular notion of the term bodybuilding.

You are correct about MMA fighter reputation. Problem is that there is a truth to it. Local MMA fighters that don't make it have resentment and anger because they didn't make it to the top of the pecking order.

Bruh wtf kinda homo stuff is this...

Youl never be an alpha no matter how much muscle and size you get just because youre so damn soft.. Look at what you typed ..

Its alright dude get a penuma dick job done youl be alright.

It's a shame because mma is harder than bodybuilding and more dangerous but if you build a physique that may not be big but aesthetic you get instant access to to babes and respect. It's also very healthy if you do it right and naturally.

It is heartbreaking because mma fighters come from a place of deficiency and being pushed around. They take up the training to empower themselves and make their mark in life but sadly ex fighters tend to be discontent with retirement. That and ex bodybuilders seem to be very vigor and not beaten down by life. They end up taking charge and ate not subjecate by trainers and promoters lording over them.

EDIT:

I am not bad mouthing mma fighters. I said that it's a shame and heartbreaking but it holds water that people's opinions are based on perception.

Also I mentioned NATURAL bodybuilding not look ing like some hideous muscle monster.

99% of bodybuilders start lifting because they are manlets in the first place

Nothing wrong with being a bodybuilder but they don't strike fear into anyone with even intermediate training.
Yeh except the general population doesn’t train or lift.

I mean what would you say the population actually goes to the gym and goes more than 2x per 7 days? I’d say 5% if that.

How many people train MMA/ martial arts? Probably less than that as well.

So the average Joe is going to shit themselves when they see either or.

Being alpha is simply having self confidence and taking initiative in everything you do. You don’t need muscles, fighting skills, or a gun to be alpha. Women like confidence. Money works too, sadly and shallowly.

Only a beta would think being an alpha is all about looks.

Where I'm from we actually look down on body builders as 'show muscle' and see them as puffters unless they show otherwise by fighting etc.

Back