Bodybuilder/youtuber spars with Wonderboy

Jones is a blue belt I believe.

Calling that guy a bodybuilder is a bit of an injustice. In the kicking video he has good skills too, he's basically quite solid in various martial arts and very athletic...whilst being a bodybuilder haha.

Larger guy with wrestling experience takes down a lighter guy with less wrestling experience.

I also liked that little quarter nelson he used to turn Thompson with.

It's real, but doesn't mean very much.. There is no allowance or attempt to avoid the wrestling with the way bigger dude with a wrestling background .. Also WB pieces him up in the standup without taking a step backwards.
In a cage or a real fight Wonderboy would obviously not engage in a grapple affair with a what a Middleweight? jacked body builder on who knows what anyway.

You dont know if either are on roids of any kind.

everybody-is-on-steroids.jpg

Here he (unsurprisingly) destroyed another martial arts influencer/youtuber who is presumably only karateka:

To me it looked like the grappling was a work, which is normal for a completely scripted youtube video.

They were trying to make a point though, that while he can and used to wrestle and has a lot of weight on Thompson, dude is not a pro kickboxer.

I'll say it again, they shot a heavily scripted leg kick video that was much funnier.

To me it looked like the grappling was a work, which is normal for a completely scripted youtube video.
Well, I mean, Wonderboy likely has zero experience with pins like that. The guy basically went straight wrestler on him. I mean, that was a classic pin and I just think it is something a guy who has never wrestled will probably not really be able to deal with so well. A lot of things, like takedowns and general ground control, wouldn't be foreign to Thompson, but something like that, sure.

Well, I mean, Wonderboy likely has zero experience with pins like that. The guy basically went straight wrestler on him. I mean, that was a classic pin and I just think it is something a guy who has never wrestled will probably not really be able to deal with so well. A lot of things, like takedowns and general ground control, wouldn't be foreign to Thompson, but something like that, sure.

It looked to me exactly like a "let's wrestle a little bit, let me hit a few things, we'll talk shit, then we can do a round of striking and you can light me up a bit" setup. /shrug

It looked to me exactly like a "let's wrestle a little bit, let me hit a few things, we'll talk shit, then we can do a round of striking and you can light me up a bit" setup. /shrug
Maybe, but what reason is there to think that a wrestler wouldn't be able to pin Stephen Thompson? Defending against pins like that and that sort of folkstyle ground-wrestling is probably something he never really deals with.

Back