Body Shots...Liver or Solar Plexus?????

jarra22

White Belt
Reaction score
Do u guys like doing body shots? When u do them do u do them defensively or offensively? if offensively where do u aim? vital spots such as liver??? solar plexus???

Also, one time this kid was pulling my hair and holding down my head cuz i threw something at him. if i punched or elbowed him in the solar plexus would that have made him fall over and let go of me? or just pull my hair tighter???

Also, one time this kid was pulling my hair and holding down my head cuz i threw something at him. if i punched or elbowed him in the solar plexus would that have made him fall over and let go of me? or just pull my hair tighter???

wtf?

ummm... i'm not really sure what half your post means, but i've definitely been working on improving my body shots lately. They're not as flashy but I think a good solid one can do a lot for you, especially if someone's got their guard up around their head.

For a liver shot I throw my left punch like a uppercut/hook and its a punch I utilize at all time on the offence and I like to follow it by leg kick.
I like to throw the body cross when my opponent is tired and I get him cornered or on the ropes.

1. Body shots are best performed on hot sorority girls.

2. If you throw things at people, you deserve what you get.

FACEPALM :icon_neut

I aim for the liver, Mo Teague came in one week and he showed us a technique for the liver shot that works really well.

^^^
I need that. I've never been good at landing a clean liver shot. I think maybe once have I landed the perfect liver shot in sparring, but it was a kick. I land my right cross to the body all the time. though.

Honestly, if you really dig in, it doesn't matter where you hit, as long as you set up the body shot properly.

As someone said before- (for orthodox fighters) the left hook should land in the area of the liver/ floating rib/ potentially the kidney. The cross should land in the vicinity of the abdominals/ solar plexus. When landed hard, both are devastating.

I jack my right hook hard to the liver when I do go for it, but honestly I tend to aim for the stomach, it seems to be the widest target, really sucks the confidence out of guys and when someone throws a punch and you counter to the stomach it hurts like a sonumabitch.

I've made a guy or two even puke from shots to the stomach, my personal favorite shot to it being a good left uppercut. When I go to the solar plexus it tends to be against taller fighters, and I use tend to double jab to the head then throw the straight right, while I have yet to compete it works like a charm in sparring.

Well I guess if you fight a south paw and you duck their right hook and step to the left you could land a right body shot to the liver...

How can people right hook to the liver when your opponement liver is at your left ??

How can people right hook to the liver when your opponement liver is at your left ??
If only Cortez wasn't in the way.
hatton3_2.jpg

Ehem, glad to see my mistake has changed the topic of this thread.

Hahaha, I still meant my right hook, but apparently I've been misidentifying which side the liver is on for quite some time.

Back