Body Kicking Shield

koreankid6413

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hey, anyways I need a good body shield for kicking techniques. What's the standard thickness of a good body kicking shield that will absorb most of the impact and cause little stress and impact on the holder? It'll be worked by lots of kickboxers and muay thai fighters who like to throw strong back, side, and roundhouse kicks and the trainers need to be well protected where as they have little force put on them by the kick. I haven't really seen any I like so if someone could recommend one it would be greatly appreciated.

Believe it or not, Revgear makes a pretty awesome one.
Kick Shield - large

Though I bought it a few years ago, things may have changed.

edit: I just noticed how expensive it is. Go figure.

wow that is expensive , there must be a ton of profit built into that price :)

i think the standard thickness is 5-6inches, i would suggest getting one that has at least 4 handles in the rear like that revgear one = good versatility for moving it around but i'm not a fan of how wide these things can get as i like to get creative with a kicking sheild, but i guess it's safer for the pad holder if he's go a huge monster pillow, especially if he's holding for a novice kicker who's not that accurate.

Mike - Gorilla Fight Gear

Wow... $110 with fabric straps? Nah, don't go that route. Try a Thai Suitcase, they typically have firmer handles and can take more abuse. Regardless, whoever is on the other side is still going to get the force of it.

The Curved Body Shield isn't bad, but it doesn't have a top strap to hold for lower kicks. I find that the holder is never in love with recieving a kick while it's being held and it's kinda like holding a big couch pillow.

You might try one of the Fairtex or Combat Sports versions, but they're on backorder for almost everyone until the end of June. You can still find the Windy ones fairly easy though, but I BELIEVE they only have a top handle and they are a bit more expensive. The CSI Shield5 is pretty solid, but it's more of a body shield...

Full Contact Outlet

I love this pad for practicing both thigh kicks and body kicks.: Windy Shield from Combatsports.com

With kick pads of this style, the holder has to hold it in a certain way so their hands don't get jolted into their body (I just learned the nuances of this, which was easy to pick up on), but it's an awesome pad and feels perfect to the kicker.

It'll be worked by lots of kickboxers and muay thai fighters who like to throw strong back, side, and roundhouse kicks and the trainers need to be well protected where as they have little force put on them by the kick.QUOTE]

Muay Thai fighters that throw back and side kicks?

It'll be worked by lots of kickboxers and muay thai fighters who like to throw strong back, side, and roundhouse kicks and the trainers need to be well protected where as they have little force put on them by the kick.QUOTE]

Muay Thai fighters that throw back and side kicks?

A lot of the guys like to throw in back and side kicks. One of my friends I train with faught a kickboxer who turned to muay thai and he was jammed with the side kick for the first 4 rounds and frustrated as heck until he got in a good knockout punch so he has a lot of guys practice it. Most of the kickboxers at the gym also throw lots of side and back kicks in their fights.

These seem to be the most popular: KICKING SHIELDS : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

But I have heard of people buying football blocking shields to use. They can be much thicker and I would imagine pretty durable.

Roger's is a company that makes football equipment, and you could probably fight a few others if you searched it onlined.

right now i'm thinking of getting the CSI curved body shield or the CSI Big Pad. The Big pad has 1/2 an inch of less padding but it looks like the padding is better reinforced and firmer but its on backorder in a lot of places. THe CSI curved body shield has 6 inches of protection but looks a little questionable. However, it's cheap and worth a try i think.

Wow... $110 with fabric straps? Nah, don't go that route. Try a Thai Suitcase, they typically have firmer handles and can take more abuse. Regardless, whoever is on the other side is still going to get the force of it.

The Curved Body Shield isn't bad, but it doesn't have a top strap to hold for lower kicks. I find that the holder is never in love with recieving a kick while it's being held and it's kinda like holding a big couch pillow.

You might try one of the Fairtex or Combat Sports versions, but they're on backorder for almost everyone until the end of June. You can still find the Windy ones fairly easy though, but I BELIEVE they only have a top handle and they are a bit more expensive. The CSI Shield5 is pretty solid, but it's more of a body shield...

Full Contact Outlet

we have thai suitcases for leg kicks but what I need is a body shield so i'm thinking of going with one of the CSI's.

Back