Bobby Lashley has been doing MMA longer than Brockster

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by WarKO, Feb 23, 2016.

1. WarKO

WarKO Guest

Brock had a 5-3 record.

Lashley, although competing in lower tire promotions is now 14-2.

Props to him. He said Brock inspired him to get into MMA and he's destroyed the man's record.
    I think Brock was just lucky and happened to get a good combination of old, bad at wrestling and lighter opponents. If he fought Hong Man Choi in the first fight, he would have probably quit then.

Props to Lashley. ​

tinobar likes this.
  2. Baba Ghanoush

Baba Ghanoush Black Belt

Wait... Are you really criticizing who Brock fought compared to Lashley lmao?

mkt, lsa and fonzob1 like this.
  3. TheN9ne

TheN9ne White Belt

Bellator should do Lashley vs Lesnar vs Batista. Triple Threat Hell in a Cell.

4. fonzob1

fonzob1 Silver Belt

Lashley has not fought the same level of competition as Lesnar, but I do think Lesnar benefited from his size and power against other fighters while he was healthy.

5. Thesnake101

Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

He destroyed Brock's record by fighting lower level competition, Brock on the other hand fought some of the best heavyweights at that point in time and won the UFC HW title. While i do like Bobby, he will never come close to accomplishing what Brock did in MMA.

mkt and The J0ker like this.
  6. WarKO

WarKO Guest

The "disease" was an excuse both him and Dana said he was 110% in camp.
    He's a great wrestler and athlete but one who couldn't take a punch, would flinch, and then made excuses.

Pretty lame, tapping to strikes, own up to yo sh$%

tinobar likes this.
  7. fonzob1

fonzob1 Silver Belt

Naah. That Diverticulitis became complicated and could have taken his life. He was not the same after that.

mkt and Xplosive-Viking like this.
  8. caged_mma

caged_mma Purple Belt

We'd be having a much different conversation about Bobby Lashley's credentials if he had focused on MMA instead of spreading himself over MMA AND Wrasslin. If he had tried to assert himself as a contender when he was fighting in Strikeforce, we could be talking about Heavyweight champion Bobby Lashley instead.

9. TheBrownRanger

TheBrownRanger Brown Belt

I believe Lashley doesn't get enough credit because he is a professional wrestler. He's already called out the champion Minakov several times so the whole "he ducks good fighters" should stop at this point. Reason he hasn't fought guys like Vinicius Spartan or Tony Johnson yet is because Bellator needs to build up those guys as contenders for the Heavyweight division. It's not a very strong division, just under a year ago, Kongo and Volkov were the only clear contenders in that division.

NoBiasJustMMA likes this.
  10. WarKO

WarKO Guest

Do you have a mental disability?​

11. Mikedh

Mikedh Silver Belt

He has only taken fights he was a big favorite in for his entire career.

12. PIT FIGHTER

PIT FIGHTER YAMMA Pit Fighter

LOLOLOLOL @ "destroyed the man's record".

In sheer quantity, yes, but let me know when Big Bobby beats a top 5 guy and we can begin to compare his record to Bork.

13. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

I've always felt he is one of the most underrated fighters in the game but he hasn't done anything to this point to show up Brock

mkt likes this.
  14. ClosetVitorFan

ClosetVitorFan Silver Belt

Why hasn't the UFC shown any interest in Lashley is what I want to know. Dude is legit. Sure he may not be JDS or Overeem legit. But he could win some fights in the UFC against the Rosholts of the world.

15. ThatBJJGuy

ThatBJJGuy Brown Belt

Lashley gets opponents hand picked for him by scott coker and has in the past rejected some legit guys.....

He's been in mma since 2008 now and he's still fighting low level guys....PATHETIC

props to lashley for beating guys like Karl Etherington?

LOL

16. lsa

lsa Maître d' at The Pussy Lounge

Minakov has not had a fight in Bellator since 2014, and from the looks of it he might not fight there again.
    Calling out the champ that does not fight for your org (taking fights in other orgs) because of contract negotiations and other problems... I am not that impressed.

17. Mikedh

Mikedh Silver Belt

He was offered a spot on TUF 10 but turned it down. Looking at his opponent selection over his career I doubt he ever wanted to go there.

18. ClosetVitorFan

ClosetVitorFan Silver Belt

I think the drug testing and now with USADA random testing in the UFC that also keeps Lashley away. I think last time he fought for Bellator it was on an Indian reservation and their regulation is really lax. Oh well.

Xplosive-Viking likes this.
  19. mjmj

mjmj Black Belt

How could Lashley’s MMa career be considered anything but a joke at this point? After all these years and he’s still content to fight only hand picked opponents? He shows no interest in challenging himself. It’s one thing to fight lower lever competition for the first few years, but at some point you need to step up. He hasn’t. He actually went backwards for a while after his hand picked opponent beat him.

Torrid likes this.
  20. Xplosive-Viking

Xplosive-Viking Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Lashley is addicted to steroids and he does them in competition.. He shouldnt be mentioend in the same category as Brock. Brock is a completely different athlete.

Brock was doing steroids in WWE, as easily could be seen.. He was 140kg++ of RIPPED muscle.. When he entered to the UFC he was around 125-130kg almost flabby, that is the natural brock lesnar.

He quites UFC and comes back to WWE, he is almost back to his former form, 140kg++ slightly less ripped than his younger days.

Lashley competes in WWE / MMA = Looks exactly the same! He doesnt care if he faces opponents who doesnt juice aslong as he can. Atleast Brock is fair with it. When he enters a show, not competition he roids.. But when he is competing in real wrestling or mma, he doesnt. Pretty obvious, or atleast alot less than in WWE, cuz the changes are dramatic.

mkt likes this.