Bobby Lashley Getting HW title shot

Bobby vs Kimbo!!!

I dig it. Too bad DaKimbo got banned I am sure he would love it.

Kimbo would be a wrestling dummy for Bobby. He'd take him down repeatedly, and may eventually finish him via GnP and Kimbo's exhaustion.

Kongo should never fight for a title again. He lost to a LHW. MMAth sucks but HW > LHW.

Minakov would kill Lashley. Hope he comes back. If not, Tony Johnson is going to wrestlefuck his way to the title.

Was always gonna happen.

That said, I can't think of any better options.

Give the title to whoever Justin Wren would beat most easily. That guy deserves the title and the modest attention he'll receive from it. What a great person.

Good post.

image.php

I dont see this being on the tentpole event it'll prolly headline another event in November.

So chances are he isnt fighting Kimbo or Kongo... so either Minakov or Tony Johnson? My money is on Johnson VS Lashley for the title

I agree Lashley vs Johnson would be the best match up.

They still have Minakov as their champ on their website.

They should just get rid of Minakov if he's going to wait out his contract.

Woah, Minakov is becoming a free agent? Anyone have any information on this as google has nothing. Woud he be UFC bound (a roster dying for Hw's)?

Woah, Minakov is becoming a free agent? Anyone have any information on this as google has nothing. Woud he be UFC bound (a roster dying for Hw's)?

He was taking a break from MMA to do some politic bullshit. Then he's taking fights outside of Bellator.

Bellator need headliners and would def use him if he was down to fight in Bellator. Seems like he's waiting his contract out.

I blame Coker.

Absolutely ridiculous that your HW champ is MIA more or less from your org.

Seriously, Coker and Spike get your shit together and your house in order.

P.S.: MW is damn mess also.

It seems they might be gearing up to just let him go. I mean they signed Tony Johnson, Lorenzo Hood, and Chase Gormley, as well as some other heavyweights this year. The division doesn't look THAT bad. It's really inactive, but looking at it online, it's got potential.

It seems they might be gearing up to just let him go. I mean they signed Tony Johnson, Lorenzo Hood, and Chase Gormley, as well as some other heavyweights this year. The division doesn't look THAT bad. It's really inactive, but looking at it online, it's got potential.

Agreed. They're def trying.

To be fair lashley could he talking about the TNA title haha. But it seems like he's talking about Bellator.

Should do Tony Johnson vs Lashey and James Thompson vs Cheick kongo. Winners face each other.

lololol

HW is pretty much Bobby Lashley fighting cans

&

MW doesn't even exist under the Coker regime

lololol

&

They have a fairly solid he division. HW and MW have such shitty depth all around.

Gormley, Spartan, Kongo, Thompson, Lashley, Volkov, Sakai, Huddelston, Ayala, Butler, ect.

lololol

&

MW is horrible, it doesnt exist like you said but HW for Bellator has a few guys.

They have a fairly solid he division. HW and MW have such shitty depth all around.

Gormley, Spartan, Kongo, Thompson, Lashley, Volkov, Sakai, Huddelston, Ayala, Butler, ect.

MW is horrible, it doesnt exist like you said but HW for Bellator has a few guys.

Seems ridiculously inactive tho. I agree, HW has some decent guys on paper, but they never seem to actually fight!

Next tentpole should be marketed as an all Heavyweight event, that could grab the casuals interest

Minakov vs. Lashley - HW title
Kimbo vs. Dada 5000/Herschel Walker
Kongo vs Johnson - #1 Contender
Hood/Butler winner vs. Colossus
Volkov vs. Gormley

You better hope there's at least one finish in one of the 3 title fights or the card could get drawn out and perhaps become boring. Good luck to Bobby.

What's the deal with Minakov never fighting? I mean, doesn't the champ have some stip where he has to defend the title with X months or be stripped?

Or is Bellator too bush league for that? :rolleyes:

I really hope not. He should fight Collosus in a rematch.

I get why they are doing it though.

Back