Bobby Knuckles took Romero’s soul/career

Yoel was suspended at the time for tainted supplements wasn't he?
He was fighting 1 month later. If he was suspended they could've still fought at ufc 205.

Last edited:
His orbital bone will never be the same and if I’m being honest his Reaper nickname is probably way more fitting now.

Broke Cannonier’s arm.
Ruined Till’s knee.
Ruined York’s orbital bone.

Romero never was the same after Whittaker took his soul was he?
israel was never the same after rob either. he grew a titty and got smashed by jan. rob bless

His orbital bone will never be the same and if I’m being honest his Reaper nickname is probably way more fitting now.

Broke Cannonier’s arm.
Ruined Till’s knee.
Ruined York’s orbital bone.

Romero never was the same after Whittaker took his soul was he?

Anyone who loses their soul because of one loss never had it to begin with. All the great athletes (Jordan, Gretzky, Lebron, Muhammad Ali, Tiger Woods, Usain Bolt, Tom Brady, Babe Ruth) lost sometimes. Even guys undefeated as pro's (Marciano, Mayweather etc) lost as amateurs, especially when they were just starting and everyone in their club was better than them. If a single loss can destroy you then you were never a real champion anyway.

Father Time on the other hand eventually takes away everyone's career. Romero is over 40, and age has definitely got him on the ropes.

The word “arguably” is the lamest word used on these boards. It’s the mating call of the yellow breasted loser. He didn’t arguably beat anybody.
Oh man, never seen it worded so well. Such a lame coping mechanism to skirt actual facts and records.

Lol think you got that in reverse, remind us how Yoel beat Whittaker twice, then Costa then Adesanya and how he's the uncrowned MW champ again won't you? Nothing funnier than a satly Romero fanboy.
<PlusJuan>
Romero is an insane fighter, but i agree nonetheless.

What also irks me a lot is how people are suspect of Izzy for his gyno (understandably so, even i as a big Izzy fan don't blame anyone for skepticism here, despite thinking he's clean) but it's never brought up how Romero has gone through significant physical changes after his first fight with Whittaker, which the latter commented on quite extensively, saying he felt like a completely different person (despite having had a worse weight cut) in the second fight and that all his injuries except those on his face came from hitting him - Whittaker further said he leaves these things down to "nothing but magic", lol.

Rockhold (who fought Yoel after Whittaker vs Romero I) also said how absurdly hard Romero felt when hitting him, though it's Whittaker's statements that make all this really interesting, since he's the one who actually has a comparison between those different versions of Romero.

So yeah, i don't even give a f*ck if people score the second fight between Yoel and Whittaker for a win, because in my eyes Whittaker is actually the better fighter.

Last edited:
Cry? Remind me who is in the ufc on a 3 fight win streak over top contenders and who is on a 3 fight losing streak and was booted out of the organisation. We’re over here cheering.
except UFC has been proven to be the bum leagues recently
inb4 "hurr he's on a skid tho"
he's the most robbed fighter of all time

except UFC has been proven to be the bum leagues recently
inb4 "hurr he's on a skid tho"
he's the most robbed fighter of all time
Lost every big fight he’s ever had lmao. Plenty of guys have a legit case of being the most robbed fighter of all time over him without question.

Lol @ a split decision victory being considered taking someone's soul..... What did Feijao do to him then?

It was a very close fight, that's for sure. I don't think took Romero's soul' necessarily means dominated him tot he point of ruining his confidence going forward. I think it is more a matter of the massive amount of physical damage these two guys inflicted on one another in their two fights. Whittaker, being the younger fighter, has recovered. Yoel hasn't won a fight since and has looked relatively tentative. Age no doubt is playing a part here, but Whittaker messed up his eye.

Yoel continued to fight the way he always does after his battles with Bobby knuckles. I'm sure Those fights took a toll on him mentally but age and injury is more of an issue

Back