Bobby Knuckles took Romero’s soul/career

Romero arguably beat both Costa and Adesanya. Also the Whittaker fight was a draw (I thought 5th round was 10-8 for Yoel). Respect to Bobby though, I can’t imagine how someone can be so badass to spend 50 minutes with Yoel.

Romero went on to arguably beat Costa and Adesanya afterwards. He took nothing.

Age caught up with Romero. The bobby knuckles fight was really the last right he really unleashed, while I think he beat Costa and Izzy he was a lot more conservative (which is probably why he lost, cause his incredibly hard to score).

Cry? Remind me who is in the ufc on a 3 fight win streak over top contenders and who is on a 3 fight losing streak and was booted out of the organisation. We’re over here cheering.
Just checked your location and I get it.

I know you guys dont got much going on "daun unda", but obsessing about another man just because he happened to be born on the same slab of land is kinda lame.

Also lets keep in mind that your mancrush hasn't finished an opponent in 5 years.

It was shocking to see Izzy decapitate of Rob in the manner that he did, especially in front of his home crowd. Rob didn't deserve to be slaughtered like that. It was so savage

Yoel is made of solid Titanium, he would have ended Rumble last night had they fought.

dcWS7mt.jpg

His orbital bone will never be the same and if I’m being honest his Reaper nickname is probably way more fitting now.

Broke Cannonier’s arm.
Ruined Till’s knee.
Ruined York’s orbital bone.

Romero never was the same after Whittaker took his soul was he?

No need to put down Yoel to build up Whittaker. They are two of the greatest middleweights ever and shared a phenomenal 50 minutes in the octagon.

It was shocking to see Izzy decapitate of Rob in the manner that he did, especially in front of his home crowd. Rob didn't deserve to be slaughtered like that. It was so savage

Yup, great performance from Izzy and not a very good one from Robert. Would like to see it again.

Lol @ a split decision victory being considered taking someone's soul..... What did Feijao do to him then?
It’s not about winning or losing, it’s about the war that he went through. Romero/Whittaker 1&2 were wars and they both without a doubt took lotta damage. Sometimes you take less damage getting knocked out fast than going 3 or 5 rounds standing and banging.

I remember everyone saying that Whitaker was damaged goods after those 2 wars but outside of the Izzy fight he's been sensational

I'm a huge Whittaker fan and honestly even I thought he was done after those fights with Yoel.

He looked better than ever in his last 2 fights and poses a real thread to Izzy in the rematch imo.

You must be butthurt at how unimpressive Whittaker's title reign was.

Wins a vacated belt in a controversial decision then defends it against the same guy via split decision...then proceeds to get absolutely destroyed by a anime nerd.

Its true. Romero can't even get medical clearance now to fight. Bobby ended his career.

You must be butthurt at how unimpressive Whittaker's title reign was.

Wins a vacated belt in a controversial decision then defends it against the same guy via split decision...then proceeds to get absolutely destroyed by a anime nerd.
Just going to go out on a limb and suggest perhaps you're the one in fact who is butthurt that Yoel's never had a title reign. Going to have to come to terms with the fact that he lost to Whittaker, Costa and Adesanya at some stage. Also are you seriously trying to suggest the first Whittaker Romero fight score card was controversial?

whittaker is proof you lose 1 fight and you're a bum to sherdog. he's mauled literally almost 99% of his opponents
His career win percentage is 79 percent

His career win percentage is 79 percent
Assume OP was referring specifically to his MW record and the fact there was a bunch of posters saying Whittaker was done after getting stopped by Adesanya. 3 wins afterwards and an accumulated 11 and 1 record at MW is impressive.

Romero went on to arguably beat Costa and Adesanya afterwards. He took nothing.
The word “arguably” is the lamest word used on these boards. It’s the mating call of the yellow breasted loser. He didn’t arguably beat anybody.

Back