Bob Sapp discusses his MMA career! Plus answers your Sherdog questions!

Instantclassic3

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Bob Sapp stopped by Submission Radio and came clean about the real reason for his continues losses over the years. He also spoke about fighter pay, Mike Tyson, Yakuza in Pride, Nog needing to retire and lots more.

Bob also answered your questions asked on Sherdog from this thread- http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=95120405#post95120405

Listen to full interview here- [YT]7xJmjhBRks4&list=UUNrEHIf8QmKK-cAag4YxIXQ[/YT]
Also available on Stitcher, Tune In, iTunes.

Interview highlights

On losing fights all these years to pay for his medical bills.

Last edited:
Bahahaha I love Bob. He's a goldmine of contradictions.

Fair enough, atleast he's open about it. He's making more than most of the UFC fighters.

bob sapp threw fights? what! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to watch the vid after work, these cliffs are not easy on the eyes.

I appreciate your work all the same.

Good interview.....makes some serious cash

Lol at him thinking he could KO Mike!

Mirko cro cop doesn't punch as hard as Mike Tyson and he were to fight him, he would end up with more medical bills!

well lets just say that im not shocked

How the hell did Bob Sapp make 1 million dollars last month?

If most of that is true, more power to him, either way, he seems fairly articulate and well off all things considered.

I'm having a hard time reading that because it's supposed to be in his own words and is so garbled.

but i can't find a point where he flat out admits he threw fights. It says he came into fights only caring about the money..but that's not really admitting that he threw the fights.

did i miss something?

I'm having a hard time reading that because it's supposed to be in his own words and is so garbled.

but i can't find a point where he flat out admits he threw fights. It says he came into fights only caring about the money..but that's not really admitting that he threw the fights.

did i miss something?

The punctuation has been replaced by the phrase "of course"

Probably the most intimidating fighter appearance wise of all time. Watch his fights with Ernesto Hoost they are unbelievable. A real pity about the end of his career. All those fights should be removed from the records. Sorry Soa.

Lol at him thinking he could KO Mike!

Mirko cro cop doesn't punch as hard as Mike Tyson and he were to fight him, he would end up with more medical bills!

A man is allowed to use humour.

A gash over the eye costs 7k??? For real?
Holly shit, healthcare in the US is expensive!

Back