Bob Arum wants Crawford vs Mcgregor

Has any fighter come off a long hiatus and returned better?

Can’t even recall off the top of my head. Think it has to do more with it being more of the same results. Taking a big L, coming back claiming to be better, doesn’t surprise or looks worse & we predict & analyze how bad they get it from the top guys.

What? This isn't even close to the "Mayweather route." Mayweather had a surefire HoF resume by the time he was 23 and is a bona fide ATG, without any question. You'll find very, very few people who would rate Hearns above him, for example. Crawford isn't remotely in the same conversation as a guy like Mayweather.
Had to quote this to tell you I could like this twice I would have.

Not that pointing out Arum's hypocrisy does anything for anyone as he has clearly never given a shit about being a hypocrite (which boxing promoter has?), but I'm pretty sure he railed against Mayweather/McGregor at every turn, and Mayweather wasn't an active fighter in his prime who is constantly being pushed as the #1 WW and #1 p4p.

Crawford's career has been a real letdown the last few years. I'm starting to think that might not change anytime soon.
Now that I think about it Im pretty sure it was Bob who said "UFC is for skinheads" lol

He'd be undersized at Bantamweight in MMA but he's roughly the same size as Dillashaw.

That's true but I was talking about the guys not the women.
Dillashaw probably outweighs him by 20 lbs...

Do you realize how significant 20lbs is to manlets?

Dillashaw probably outweighs him by 20 lbs...

Do you realize how significant 20lbs is to manlets?
They've sparred together before. There's a clip from a couple years back. Dillashaw doesn't have that kind of weight on him. He looked a bit heavier but he also wasn't in fight shape, Loma was. Loma is in the low 140s on fight night. He could do 135 in the UFC just like he's doing 135 in boxing now. His only other option would be 125 in the UFC and I don't think he can make that anymore. He's put some mass on since boxing as a Featherweight.

Crawford threads should be banned on Sherdog. He still has the opportunity to possibly dominate the division yet continues to fuck over the fans and boxing in general.

Unless this announcement is a publicity stunt and he is finally booked against a top dog.

If he boxes anyone again, it will be Mayweather or Pacquiao.

"I look at the UFC audience and the boxing audience as being two different audiences entirely. Our audience in boxing is ethnic, Hispanic, Filipino, Puerto Rican, Mexican and the hardcore boxing fan who can't watch, like me, UFC. The UFC are a bunch of skinhead white guys watching people in the ring who also look like skinhead white guys. 90-percent of the people in the audience wear tattoos. For me and people like me, it is not something they ever care to see. They watched it, it's horrible, guys rolling around like homosexuals on the ground. I mean it's not a sport that shows great, great talent. The guys who throw punches can't throw a punch to save their ass, when the punches land, the guys have no chins. These guys are not like boxers. There is no way the (UFC 100) pay-per-view generated the kind of numbers they put out. I know what the numbers were -- south of one million. They're not a public company. Who's to check?"
Boxing bigot Bob Arum: MMA is for skinheads and homosexuals

I mean if Bud does do the MMA fight I guess its cool.
I just wish they would stop calling him #1 at 147 or a P4P candidate
Only top rank calls him number 1 at 147, espn has him ranked 3. And he’s absolutely a p4p candidate. He was lineal champion at 135, was undisputed and lineal champion at 140 unifying all the belts, and he’s champion at 147. There’s a lot of things to be annoyed with him about but arguing that he isn’t at the very worst top 4 p4p is ridiculous.

Now I personally can’t have him number 1 p4p if he’s not number 1 in his own division he’s campaigned for a couple years, but that’s just my personal opinion.

None of this is surprising, except for the claim that Crawford has a wrestling background. Would love to hear more about that

Only top rank calls him number 1 at 147, espn has him ranked 3. And he’s absolutely a p4p candidate. He was lineal champion at 135, was undisputed and lineal champion at 140 unifying all the belts, and he’s champion at 147. There’s a lot of things to be annoyed with him about but arguing that he isn’t at the very worst top 4 p4p is ridiculous.

Now I personally can’t have him number 1 p4p if he’s not number 1 in his own division he’s campaigned for a couple years, but that’s just my personal opinion.
It's not ridiculous to exclude somebody with a thin resume from p4p. Especially when they haven't fought any of the top guys at their own weight.

None of this is surprising, except for the claim that Crawford has a wrestling background. Would love to hear more about that
Terence does have a wrestling background but I'm not sure of the exact details. The LA Times had a nice article about all of this recently. He comes from a family that's been wrestling literally for generations. His kids wrestle, he wrestled, his dad wrestled, his grandfather wrestled, and so did his uncle (who wouldn't be counted generationally). Both of his kids below are present or former youth national champions in Folkstyle wrestling, the best in the nation in their weight classes.

Terence Crawford wrestles with legacy, as his three sons stake claim in wrestling

It's not ridiculous to exclude somebody with a thin resume from p4p. Especially when they haven't fought any of the top guys at their own weight.
How is it a thin resume? And who didn’t he fight at 140? That’s where his resume lies, 147 is his THIRD weight class, already improving upon the further 2, his undisputed title at 140 is where the majority of his p4p status comes from. And outside of Usyk there’s not another person in the top 10 that can say they’ve done that

How is it a thin resume? And who didn’t he fight at 140? That’s where his resume lies, 147 is his THIRD weight class, already improving upon the further 2, his undisputed title at 140 is where the majority of his p4p status comes from. And outside of Usyk there’s not another person in the top 10 that can say they’ve done that
147 is his weight class. Everyone knew he would wind up there. Thats where everyone wanted him to move up to ASAP. That's where the best competition lies by far. Hes not that undersized for the class at all.

147 is his weight class. Everyone knew he would wind up there. Thats where everyone wanted him to move up to ASAP. That's where the best competition lies by far. Hes not that undersized for the class at all.

Everyone wanted him to move up because he had EVERY title at 140, there was no one left. That happens in every weight class.

Loma is at 135 but everyone knows that 126 or 130 is his natural weight class. So what happens if he unifies all the titles there? Should he just quit because everyone knows he’s topped out at 135?

Then what’s Mannys weight class? 135? He started at 112 right? You don’t get to ignore everything they’ve done before.

What is Canelo’s? 160? 168? 175?

Hell, Crawford will campaign at 154 before too long if he cant make deals with PBC fighters.

Back