Boardwalk Empire spin off that needs to happen. Spoilers.

BillBlueski

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
OK, at the end of the series, you have what appears to be the inception of the [rise of the] Italian Mafia in the US/organized crime.

Lucky Luciano is so perfectly cast, and in real life is considered the father of organized crime, etc...

From Wikipedia

Luciano is considered the father of modern organized crime in the United States for splitting New York City into five different Mafia crime families and the establishment of the first Commission. He was the first official boss of the modern Genovese crime family. He was, along with his associate Meyer Lansky, instrumental in the development of the National Crime Syndicate in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luciano

Lansky was also cast very well.

I think a series picking up where BE left off, and focusing on Luciano, the Mafia, etc... would have the potential of being one of the greatest mini series ever put out.

1174.jpg

charles-lucky-luciano-1024.jpg

meyer-lansky-1902-1983-in-1949-everett.jpg

tumblr_inline_mzuz81442c1ry75k5.jpg

I wonder if Vincent Piazza (38 years old) could pull off an older Luciano. If not, who would make a good replacement for the later years?

Last edited:
I know it was a nice realistic touch, but that lazy eye on Lucciano was extremely distracting.

I know it was a nice realistic touch, but that lazy eye on Lucciano was extremely distracting.

There were a couple of scenes toward the end of the series where it was just out of control, but it seems like they can control how extreme it is, but just messed up here and there.

I say Forest Whitaker level is perfect. Completely shut is just too much, I agree.

I'd watch it. I was hoping Boardwalk Empire would have stayed true to real life in the end, pertaining to Nucky, but the last season strayed too far from reality. I think the Luciano storyline was far more interesting in the last season.

Piazza's from my neck ov z voods yah

Like the idea. Introduce characters like Genovese, Costello, Anastasia, maybe some of Capone's successors like Accardo. Lots of possibilities using broad historical accuracy but filling in the details with good storytelling. I'd be watching.

Like the idea. Introduce characters like Genovese, Costello, Anastasia, maybe some of Capone's successors like Accardo. Lots of possibilities using broad historical accuracy but filling in the details with good storytelling. I'd be watching.

Murder Inc if using Anastasia

Introduce Gambino too.

Hell, just re-read the book five families. Great read

Back