BMF Division

Still Holdin

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
003_bmf_belt.jpg

Hear me out, I think there's a real chance that this "division" will be a money maker for the UFC. There's a good chance that if Masvidal's next fight is against Usman, that he will be the underdog and could be grinded to a decision based on styles. Then there's Conor vs Khabib 2 (via Dana). So you get this crossroads where the champions of the divisions are not willing to give much of a show in the sense of giving the fans what they want (standing knockouts) vs winning and keeping the strap. So eventually a few of these guys could get some more losses and then if gets to the point that these guys will be tired of fighting guys who shoot for the legs or stall as part of a strategy and thus, this belt being put up for grabs with the wording of " this is the belt for those looking for excitement", could reap benefits for the UFC. There's plenty of BMF's from 155-170 who might not get another win streak but are beloved by the fans. I'm not asking for your thoughts or opinions, but they are welcome. At least if your gonna stab me, do it in my face. Post who you think would be considered to be in the BMF Bracket. Gracias mis amigos

003_bmf_belt.jpg

Hear me out, I think there's a real chance that this "division" will be a money maker for the UFC. There's a good chance that if Masvidal's next fight is against Usman, that he will be the underdog and could be grinded to a decision based on styles. Then there's Conor vs Khabib 2 (via Dana). So you get this crossroads where the champions of the divisions are not willing to give much of a show in the sense of giving the fans what they want (standing knockouts) vs winning and keeping the strap. So eventually a few of these guys could get some more losses and then if gets to the point that these guys will be tired of fighting guys who shoot for the legs or stall as part of a strategy and thus, this belt being put up for grabs with the wording of " this is the belt for those looking for excitement", could reap benefits for the UFC. There's plenty of BMF's from 155-170 who might not get another win streak but are beloved by the fans. I'm not asking for your thoughts or opinions, but they are welcome. At least if your gonna stab me, do it in my face. Post who you think would be considered to be in the BMF Bracket. Gracias mis amigos

No BMF division and no 165 division./thread.

I would like to nominate one Holly Holm for this BMF bracket, thanks.

BMF Division
Hear me out, I think there's a real chance that this "division" will be a money maker for the UFC... if your gonna stab me, do it in my face...
giphy.gif

They could have done something with that title if they didn't give such a stupid name.

bmf division is like special olympics.
can't win a real belt? we'll make one up for ya

Its not Danas decision if the BMF belt stays or not. Its Conor's say. If he wants to fight for it, the belt will be there. Its that simple. Dana is Conor's bitch

003_bmf_belt.jpg

I agree with you. Made vs Street Jesus was a entertaining money maker. More should be done with that. Current belt holders should not be allowed to fight for it though therefore I like Conor vs Mas next.

Heres a quick list of people who could go for the belt based on their styles and assuming that most will be willing to cross weights (it'll be for a belt so Im sure they can).

WW
Jorge Masvidal (Current Belt Holder)
Conor McGregor
Robbie Lawler
Rafael Dos Anjos
Platinum Perry
Nate Diaz
Diego Sanchez
Carlos Condit
Alan Jouban
Emil Meek
Cowboy Oliveria
Vincente Luque
Niko Price
Abdul Razak Alhassan
Matt Brown
Siyar Bahadurzada
James Krause
Michael Johnson
Bobby Green

LW
Tony Ferg (If he gets held against the cage and wants someone who will stand)
Cowboy Cerrone (Regardless of his quick loss)
Justin Gaethje (If he loses soon and wants to go for the money)
Paul Felder
Dan Hooker
Al Iaquinta
Edson Barboza
Anthony Pettis

Its not Danas decision if the BMF belt stays or not. Its Conor's say. If he wants to fight for it, the belt will be there. Its that simple. Dana is Conor's bitch
I don’t completely agree or disagree with this post.

The BMF belt is not a real thing, so therefore, the BMF division is also not a real thing. Just let it die.

Heres a quick list of people who could go for the belt based on their styles and assuming that most will be willing to cross weights (it'll be for a belt so Im sure they can).

WW
Conor McGregor
Robbie Lawler
Rafael Dos Anjos
Platinum Perry
Nate Diaz
Diego Sanchez
Carlos Condit
Alan Jouban
Emil Meek
Cowboy Oliveria
Vincente Luque
Niko Price
Abdul Razak Alhassan
Matt Brown
Siyar Bahadurzada
James Krause
Michael Johnson
Bobby Green

LW
Tony Ferg (If he gets held against the cage and wants someone who will stand)
Cowboy Cerrone (Regardless of his quick loss)
Justin Gaethje (If he loses soon and wants to go for the money)
Paul Felder
Dan Hooker
Al Iaquinta
Edson Barboza
Anthony Pettis
The first third of this list is good but the rest....no. The belt was the idea of a very well known fighter that spent years becoming popular and thought he should get a belt there are only a few guys that fit that bill and they have to still be good. The first 8 guys maybe.

Why not just make it a kickboxing fight like One Championship does?

The BMF thing is for casuals who think that grappling is gay.

Heres a quick list of people who could go for the belt...
WW
Conor McGregor
Robbie Lawler
Rafael Dos Anjos
Platinum Perry
Nate Diaz
Diego Sanchez
Carlos Condit
Alan Jouban
Emil Meek
Cowboy Oliveria
Vincente Luque
Niko Price
Abdul Razak Alhassan
Matt Brown
Siyar Bahadurzada
James Krause
Michael Johnson
Bobby Green
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

That BMF shit needs to be left in the past. Embarrassing as a one off never mind carrying it on.

Dana is the puppet master not the other way around.

Why not just make it a kickboxing fight like One Championship does?

The BMF thing is for casuals who think that grappling is gay.

Take it from this guy. He knows exciting grappling.

jHfzQak.gif

<BC1>

Back