BMF Belts: Fad or Future?

Egészségére!

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So is the BMF Belt (and talk of others) just an anomaly like Dana said or is this just the beginning? Is this the start of a switch away from fights being decided by a few company match-makers towards matchups being made by popular demand?

giphy.gif

or

giphy.gif

There's the World Champ and now Intercontinental (BMF) Champ.

Fine by me.

If Dana said this is a one off occurrence we can all be assured it is the new status quo.

Seems like it should be a one time thing, a clever gimmick that we could all remember fondly. But taking a note from hollywood, I'm sure there will be enough sequels to make us never want to hear about it again.

It’s the new king of cringe. Sorry Henry

In any division where you have two idiots who refuse to fight for the real title, adding a new belt is a good middle finger to them

I hope it’s here to stay.

Just imagine having this one belt, that transfers from division to division as fighters move up and down ... it would inevitably end up at HW but then imagine the day that a LHW goes up, takes it, then returns to LHW and so on continues the story.

I’m loving this idea the more I think about it.

First step into WWE mainstream $$$?

The BMF Championship should be the one and only title that has no weight restrictions on it

Imagine someone defending it against any and all challengers from 125 to 265

Its just ploy to make BS belts for guys who are out of title pictures or wont beat enough contenders to earn shots. Were gunna look back on this as a turning point.

In three months we will have an interim bmf belt with the way this clown show is going

It is probably a thing they will throw at guys when they can't do anything with the champion and the interim. If you keep doling it out too much it will devalue and confuse the space even more than the interim thing does. If you want to make it an actual thing then you need to figure out a quality it represents. Currently it isn't even the interim interim champ. Just a participation throphy for marketing.

Who gives a fuck, just enjoy the fight.

stupid pointless 1 time thing that goons get baited into and talk about even though it doesn't change anything between 2 people fighting to see who wins.

The is a massive step backwards in terms of UFC being a legitimate sport.

It's going to end up being the status quo justification for booking non-championship main events for PPVs that are just "fights the fans want to see". Of course there's going to be an interim made, because if Nate wins he's going to end up not fighting again for another two years...

I am all for it providing there is also an interim BMF Belt

Back