Blue to brown in 30 days

Fortune 20 > million a year.

well over a million a year, and that's just from his academy... did you miss the part where i mentioned he made a million in a day? he does a lot more than just BJJ.

FYI, I said he puts the small businesses he markets for to shame, not a fortune 20 company. pretty ridiculous comparison.

Last edited:
That chick is good. Rolled with her a few months ago for about 40 minutes (Lloyd just had us paired for a bunch of rounds). Real serious competitor, and I'm not all that surprised she won the purple belt open.

maybe i shouldn't comment on this thread but i feel like putting my nose where it doesn't belong. more people need to worry less about how and when other people are getting promoted.

At Don's Discount BJJ in August, "The Back to School" special is from white to blue belt by Labor Day with "BADASS" embroidered on the inside of the lapel of a new gi in your choice of languages, English, Portuguese, Japanese or Quebec French.

well over a million a year, and that's just from his academy... did you miss the part where i mentioned he made a million in a day? he does a lot more than just BJJ.

FYI, I said he puts the small businesses he markets for to shame, not a fortune 20 company. pretty ridiculous comparison.
fight skillz got banned??? nooooo, now how will i ever know how many millions of dollars a day lloyd makes. I guess this means I will just have to get a life. shit.

Fight Skillz getting banned is good for the forum. I couldn't stand that dude calling everyone a dumbass. If you wouldn't say on the mat, why say it here?

maybe i shouldn't comment on this thread but i feel like putting my nose where it doesn't belong. more people need to worry less about how and when other people are getting promoted.

best post of the thread.

Fight Skillz getting banned is good for the forum. I couldn't stand that dude calling everyone a dumbass. If you wouldn't say on the mat, why say it here?

he did??? :icon_chee

vancouver-fireworks.jpg

sup man.. it took me 5 years to get from white to purple... If people are making it this quickly it makes me think im doing something wrong...

sup man.. it took me 5 years to get from white to purple... If people are making it this quickly it makes me think im doing something wrong...

I certainly understand this, but I think that the "standards" from belt to belt are so freaking loose, that someone else may have legitimately made purple where they are for their instructor and that really would have no reflection at all about purple belt with your instructor.

And trust me, I have to think about this every time I put on my white belt, two years into this training thing.

A BJJ match is between 6 and 10 minutes. 6-10 minutes to decide who wins with years of training. Quite often the "better" person loses. The more well rounded, well trained guy can be on an off day or simply doesn't play the rules as well (ie tries to finish but the safer player waits and wins on advantage). And it is very true that you can be a 1- or 2- dimensional player (many great BBs are) and win.

Knowledge right there.

Tracey is a hottie...and CONGRATS to her on her brown.

She's dating a black belt so she's a sandbagger!

How often and how hard did you train? How often did/do you compete? How old are you? What are your goals in BJJ?

All these things come into play. She is someone that trains full time I believe and trains to be a world champ. If she absolutely dominated the competition at her level, bump her up. Why not? And if she happens to win next year at the brown/black belt level, give her a black belt and more power to her.

How often and how hard did you train? How often did/do you compete? How old are you? What are your goals in BJJ?

All these things come into play. She is someone that trains full time I believe and trains to be a world champ. If she absolutely dominated the competition at her level, bump her up. Why not? And if she happens to win next year at the brown/black belt level, give her a black belt and more power to her.

Tracey does not train full time. She has a full time job working at the school. She has a serious back problem which keeps her out from doing most things. So just for the record all of these assumptions are incorrect about her.

She couldn't even train for almost a year due to her back injury. She does have a goal of becoming a World Champion, but most serious people that compete do also.

The only person counts when it comes to her promotion is her instructor!

wrong, like not taking double golds at the worlds?

Come on now.. I aint saying she's not earning her belts, I'm saying I need to figure out what I need to do to be as successful.

Tracey does not train full time. She has a full time job working at the school. She has a serious back problem which keeps her out from doing most things. So just for the record all of these assumptions are incorrect about her.

She couldn't even train for almost a year due to her back injury. She does have a goal of becoming a World Champion, but most serious people that compete do also.

The only person counts when it comes to her promotion is her instructor!

That makes it even more impressive then. But full time job working at the school? You mean Lloyd's school? Where she trains? So she basically trains as often as possible, more than once a day on a regular basis. Thats not like someone with a regular full time job. I appreciate that she works, but theres a big difference between working at the gym and working for someone else full time.

But I do agree: "The only person counts when it comes to her promotion is her instructor"

I've been one to call out promotions I just don't get, or that don't make sense. But there is plenty here to understand why she was promoted. I mean its not even an issue. She took double gold as purple, and submitted almost all her opponents. What more do you want to see to justify moving up to the next level?

Back