Blue or White Collar work?

Theoctagon

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What do you do/ which would you prefer?

Never had a desk job. Closest to it was my first job at 16, I worked as a cashier at a store a family member managed. Other than that, everything has been manual labor. I worked on a commercial fishing boat doing invasive trout removal for the last 3 years, and currently working at a warehousing job wrapping pallets/ driving a forklift.

Have zero interest in a desk job until I get older. I've broken a few bones over the years, definitely don't want to be a sore old fuck lugging boxes around in my 60s. But in the meantime I enjoy physical, hard work.

As a male stripper I feel as though your thread title discriminates against collarless work.

I did manual labor when I was in college.
I'll take a Desk Job all day every day.
Work in an office with temperature control.
Get to dress nice.
Get to see bitches all day trying took their best.
Not too tired to go to the gym after work.
Sherdog.

Both their benefits/drawbacks. If you like physical work, I would strongly consider getting into a skilled/protected trade if I were you.

What do you do/ which would you prefer?

Never had a desk job. Closest to it was my first job at 16, I worked as a cashier at a store a family member managed. Other than that, everything has been manual labor. I worked on a commercial fishing boat doing invasive trout removal for the last 3 years, and currently working at a warehousing job wrapping pallets/ driving a forklift.

Have zero interest in a desk job until I get older. I've broken a few bones over the years, definitely don't want to be a sore old fuck lugging boxes around in my 60s. But in the meantime I enjoy physical, hard work.
I hated corporate america. I hate heavy labor. So I work from home in sweats.

Both their benefits/drawbacks. If you like physical work, I would strongly consider getting into a skilled/protected trade if I were you.

I've been strongly considering trying to go into welding. School is relatively cheap, pay seems excellent. Already in debt from school anyway, what's a few more grand.

I went blue collar.... Senior plant technician at a power plant. Pay and benefits are great.

White collar made me much more money. You have to step your physical hobby game up though.

White collar made me much more money. You have to step your physical hobby game up though.

I had an older guy (mid 50s) at work tell me to do myself a favor and go to school and get a job that way. Unfortunately, most tech positions for my field of study start at significantly less than what I'm making now.

Attorney.

Worked labor when I was younger, it’s for poor people

I had an older guy (mid 50s) at work tell me to do myself a favor and go to school and get a job that way. Unfortunately, most tech positions for my field of study start at significantly less than what I'm making now.
Yeah man, it's rough. It all depends on your field. If it isn't a good fit, or you're too old to get in while the getting is good(young with no bills), then blue collar is the better option.

That being said; I would rather my job not be dependent on my body's welfare. You can always use spare time to make yourself a specimen.

I'm a blue collar person working a white collar job for the last 20 years. I much prefer manual work, but I can't get a manual job around here making near what I make behind a computer as a design engineer.

Yeah man, it's rough. It all depends on your field. If it isn't a good fit, or you're too old to get in while the getting is good(young with no bills), then blue collar is the better option.

That being said; I would rather my job not be dependent on my body's welfare. You can always use spare time to make yourself a specimen.

I've been working towards eating healthier and taking better care of myself. I went from an early morning shift (4 am to afternoon) to the graveyard shift (8 pm to 4 30) though and it's been kicking my ass energy wise.

Back