BLUE belt test?

we have pedro saur come to our school maybe 2x a year. he does his system for belts by class time. i have been at my school for like 8 months and im only a 1 stripe white belt but i can hang with all the blue belts. i can tap some of them. some i can get position on but still cant tap. i honestly feel like i should be at least close to my blue with more stripes but i dont care. as long as im learning and getting better a belt just holds your pants up. that list of requirements that jacare has i could do all of it.

At a royce gracie seminar he was handing blue belts out like candy. He wasnt even really watching us roll just trying to get through as many as possible even the guys that couldnt fight for shit.

I would love to get a blue belt from Royce!!!

gimme the candy!!! oops I already got a blue belt, did he hand out purple belt like
candy too? LOL

mogway said:
Same here, I got mine after only 8 months of bjj. I was also holding my own against the other blues and beating the newer blues. No test at all. Just a beating, running the gauntlet
WOW, 8 months of bjj and got your blue belt. WHat back round do you have to get a blue belt in bjj in 8 months? I have never heard of that

Got mine on the internet. UPS next day to my house.

Thinking about ordering a black one next.

My very first BJJ instructor got his in 6 months but prior to BJJ he had about 10 years of judo.

grapling101 said:
WOW, 8 months of bjj and got your blue belt. WHat back round do you have to get a blue belt in bjj in 8 months? I have never heard of that

We have to run one mile, to 500 front kicks (to show cardio endurance), 300 sit ups, 5 minutes punch and block drills, the same drills repeated with free weights in hand, then go throw all the wristlocks and armbars on that level, etc etc.

Back