Social Bloomberg editor-in-chief privately called the Chinese regime "Nazis" but wanted to support them.

There should be regulation to outlaw made-up news to hold reporters/organisations accountable.

That's not the endgame, though. Those are steps toward it (war seems to be where you're going). I'm not informed enough to form a strong position here, but it seems to me that we should be very careful about initiating open hostility against a country with a $14T GDP, even if we emotionally feel justified. The potential costs are extremely high, and a cost-benefit analysis should take that into account.

All of those moves close in on and peel back the CCP threat. They would have the Politburo's head spinning like the exorcist with outrage, but probably work towards decreasing the likelihood of an actual shooting war if anything.

What is the end that people want here? @MVelsor.

Not war, right? Seems like cutting off trade would damage both countries and would lessen our ability to influence them. They are horrible, but if we're not prepared to do something about it, I don't think that we should be throwing rocks at the nest.
Decoupling is good long term. Why feed the CCP? They’ve obviously have been spooked losing friends left and right. China is vulnerable and they are trying their best to hide this. Paper tiger.

This virus pandemic should be seen as an opportunity to take the CCP down, or atleast force them to respet human rights and put an end to I.P. theft. I hope the West and Japan don't let this opportunity slide.

I don’t own Apple stock and even I just shit my pants
Aren't you like the most anti-capitalist poster here and you own apple stock lol

EDIT;Oops just reread that you don't own apple stock lol

President Trump I call on you to arrest Michael Bloomberg and seize all of his assets.

That would make the future golf games that you know they're going to eventually be enjoying again together pretty awkward, though.

_109582718_gettyimages-619821288.jpg

(Also, only a real Alpha male can make A cups look that masculine.)

This virus pandemic should be seen as an opportunity to take the CCP down, or atleast force them to respet human rights and put an end to I.P. theft. I hope the West and Japan don't let this opportunity slide.
I agree. I wish Trump were less irritating when it comes to building alliances. This would be a great chance to do so

I agree. I wish Trump were less irritating when it comes to building alliances. This would be a great chance to do so

Japan and South Korea in particular have been treated like shit by this Admin and it's absurd. As if they couldn't purloin hundreds of billions in IP and trade secrets themselves, but they don't. They're honest, innovative countries in their own right who know how to compete. That's why SK can hold up to 75% DRAM market share and we have no problem with that.

It’s capitalism. This is the world we have created, where we are so reliant on the Chinese market to prop up stock prices with their cheap slave labour and massive demand for tech. The world where no one can criticise a horrible, oppressive regime without losing the economic benefits that come with looking the other way.

Imagine the horror if Apple’s stock price were to fall because China banned their iPhones from being sold in their country?
The short term pain is worth the long term gain though. Sucks to be Apple shareholders in this scenario.

I like some things Trump says, but everytime he takes a position I agree with, he later flips and never goes through with his original intention.

In China's case: he has been getting tough on them, but then he will flip and praise them , then goes back to being a bit tough then flips. Even when I find some things to support him on, I am always thinking that he will flip, so there really is no point in expecting much from him. He has been tougher than previous admins, I will give him that, but just wish he would stick with it.

I like some things Trump says, but everytime he takes a position I agree with, he later flips and never goes through with his original intention.

In China's case: he has been getting tough on them, but then he will flip and praise them , then goes back to being a bit tough then flips. Even when I find some things to support him on, I am always thinking that he will flip, so there really is no point in expecting much from him. He has been tougher than previous admins, I will give him that, but just wish he would stick with it.

The half measures are mildly infuriating.

I have the same opinion. I understand flipping and making it hard on North Korea, due to it being wn weird isolated country. But for the rest of the world, guy needs to make a stand and try negotiating from there

I have the same opinion. I understand flipping and making it hard on North Korea, due to it being wn weird isolated country. But for the rest of the world, guy needs to make a stand and try negotiating from there.

Who's going to replace Shinzo Abe? It seems like he'd be Prime Minister for life if LDP rules didn't require him to step down in late 2021. He's already the longest serving PM in Japanese history (or since 1885) and the political opposition seems too splintered to beat him.

Who's going to replace Shinzo Abe? It seems like he'd be Prime Minister for life if LDP rules didn't require him to step down in late 2021. He's already the longest serving PM in Japanese history (or since 1885) and the political opposition seems too splintered to beat him.
Oh man there is no one else. The democrats took over in 09 or something they dropped the ball so hard after the earthquake, that they've never recovered and basically disbanded. Abe is pretty good, considering how much most Japanese positions dither and never decide anything

Oh man there is no one else. The democrats took over in 09 or something they dropped the ball so hard after the earthquake, that they've never recovered and basically disbanded. Abe is pretty good, considering how much most Japanese positions dither and never decide anything

It might be sad, but at least it's stable.
He's not that good. But compared to everyone else, and all recent PMs, he is much better. Guy is at least not ignoring issues at hand.

Back