BloodyElbow credits Frankie NYC for prompting analysis of Bellator finances

Frankie often cited the author of this article, Nash, as his favorite mma reporter.

Frankie was one of the best posters on here. I didnt realize he passed until like maybe two months ago if that. I actually remember a while ago thinking I hadnt seen him post in a minute but then didnt think of it again until I saw the RIP Frankie thread.

And now another poster passed Yologogoplata.

RIP

Frankie had that super rare combination of being smart, knowledgeable, and friendly. Never came off like a know it all.

Rip Frankie.

Frankie was good people. :(

"The good die young so they will not be corrupted and the old live on so they might find redemption..."

- Paladin "Have Gun, Will Travel..."

Frankie once said i was one of the most cerebral posters on the site

#humblebrag

Rest in peace my brother

While I have been meaning for some time to write this piece, I was also prompted to do by Frankie NYC. he was a well known commenter on Sherdog’s Forums, who would regularly email me requesting that I write something on Bellator. Sadly, Frankie passed away last April.

Article is interesting too. Bellator lost more than $100 million from 2010 to 2018, but finally appears set to turn a profit. Viewership on the decline though despite gems like Kimbo v. Dada.

Bellator_Average_Viewers_Per_Event_in_Thousands__000s_.png

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/2/6/20893601/an-in-depth-look-at-bellators-finances

Rip Frankie.

This is very nice to read. I liked it when he showed me articles about him at the bar.

I wasn't here when he was around, but Frankie sounds like one of the good Sherbros. RIP.

Wish I got a chance to stumble across his posts. Sounds like a good dude.

I wasn't here when he was around, but Frankie sounds like one of the good Sherbros. RIP.

Wish I got a chance to stumble across his posts. Sounds like a good dude.
He was a great guy. The most knowledgeable Sherbro about the PPV numbers and finances, and just a generally really cool level-headed poster.

RIP Frankie

Honest to god not to speak ill of the dead but did he have A youtube account, and did he use
to comment frequently on MMA events?
cause if thats the same dude i interacted with then I dont have really much nice things to say about him..
im going to check my inbox right now cause FrankieNYC sounds very familiar maybe its somebody else but i just
joined this site a few days ago and yet that named sounds real familiar. but hey
ill let bygones be bygones....

anybody know what he die of?

Back