BloodyElbow credits Frankie NYC for prompting analysis of Bellator finances

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
While I have been meaning for some time to write this piece, I was also prompted to do by Frankie NYC. he was a well known commenter on Sherdog’s Forums, who would regularly email me requesting that I write something on Bellator. Sadly, Frankie passed away last April.

Article is interesting too. Bellator lost more than $100 million from 2010 to 2018, but finally appears set to turn a profit. Viewership on the decline though despite gems like Kimbo v. Dada.

Bellator_Average_Viewers_Per_Event_in_Thousands__000s_.png

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/2/6/20893601/an-in-depth-look-at-bellators-finances

Rip Frankie.

That shouldn't be a huge surprise, Bellator is pretty bad.

More importantly, Frankie will always be missed.

May his legacy live on. Him and shonuf were both great posters. It's shame their number got called.

RIP @FrankieNYC Still missed!!! Could use some of that wisdom with Conor-Cowboy ESPN+ buys and what 1 million behind the paywalls would equal in the old model...

Rip my man Frankie. Crazy that even this long after everything he’s still having a continuing impact on the mma community

That’s actually pretty cool. If there is a beyond, I hope Frankie is seeing how valued, and respected he was to many here.

Dude is certainly missed here,thats for sure.

Frankie is a legend.

Good to see Bellator starting to turn profit. World fucking domination is upon us.

Frankie, would have been proud! Miss you, brother

Gone, but not forgotten. RIP, bud.

Amazing how much more informed he was than 100% of MMA journalists, RIP

RIP @FrankieNYC

Man, the chats i had with him were really good. the guy really knew about the economical part of MMA.

Amazing how much more informed he was than 100% of MMA journalists, RIP

because most MMA journalists are shills who are paid by the UFC or are not knowledgeable about the sport OR both. Those who know are not 100% focused on MMA like Karim Zidan but on other aspects of it.

because most MMA journalists are shills who are paid by the UFC or are not knowledgeable about the sport OR both. Those who know are not 100% focused on MMA like Karim Zidan but on other aspects of it.
What part of Colombia are you from/reside?

Needs a list of their top stars during the years of that graph. Their fighters probably shouldn't be asking for big money.

Glad to see it, I always admire and remember Frankie. He's a source of everything I know about Bellator's finances.

Back