Bloodborne v4 Update: 60fps Patch

Welcome to the club.

ExW-bdUWEAsxR8e.jpg
{<jordan}

I've been playing the game for the first time since the dlc came out and I have no idea why, but Father Gascoigne is probably the hardest boss in the game for me. I've rolled most of the bosses after Gascoigne on the first try but that easy ass fight took me forever to beat.

I didn't figure out how to use Caryll Runes until halfway through the game. I ended up never using Beast Blood Pellets because I had no idea how they worked.
Beast pellets are overpowered

Wouldn't personally let my kids play this game but still very impressive.
Then again, my older sister let me watch silence of the lambs when I was 10 and I could handle it. Not all children are the same.

Did people want easy mode for Bloodborne? I know there was a huge thing for Sekiro with journalists saying "make it more accessible for people who find it too hard"... If you find it hard or even impossible that's ok, there's nothing wrong with a game being too hard for you, but man don't ask for easy difficulties because you want every game to accommodate your skill level.

I remember playing PS1 games when i was a kid and i could not complete Abe's Exodus to save my life, but did i complain? No, i just played another game.

EDIT - This is the reason i have no sympathy for game journalists wanting "easy mode"

Last edited:
Did people want easy mode for Bloodborne? I know there was a huge thing for Sekiro with journalists saying "make it more accessible for people who find it too hard"... If you find it hard or even impossible that's ok, there's nothing wrong with a game being too hard for you, but man don't ask for easy difficulties because you want every game to accommodate your skill level.

I remember playing PS1 games when i was a kid and i could not complete Abe's Exodus to save my life, but did i complain? No, i just played another game.
Agreed. Also from soft games would be terrible with an easy mode.

Agreed. Also from soft games would be terrible with an easy mode.

How would that work? Less damage taken and more health? People who find it "too hard" would still die because they don't get how to play the game. I just don't get people asking for easy mode just so they can beat a game, just play something else.

EDIT - This is the reason i have no sympathy for game journalists wanting "easy mode"

As someone who works in user experience, I understand the logic behind why these journalists want an easy mode. The new big thing in UX Is accessibility; The logic of creating an experience that is easy to use for a wide array of people, from the average User to someone who might have some sort of a handicap. so I imagine that’s why these journalists are pushing for easy modes, So it could be accessible to people who might have some sort of a learning disability.

With that being said, I don’t agree. But I understand

Had a boring weekend so watched a play through and watched all the endings.
Should not have done that. The atmosphere was great and i reaaaally wanted to like this game.

I forgot how steep the jump in difficulty was between the main game and Old Hunters DLC. The first time I played the Old Hunters DLC I had already beaten the game and done all the chalice dungeon stuff so my character was pretty over leveled, so I could pretty much just brute force my way through any fight, but this playthrough I went in as soon as I could and first Hunter you come across nearly one shot me with just his gun.

Oh and skill builds are lame. Should have went strength.

I forgot how steep the jump in difficulty was between the main game and Old Hunters DLC. The first time I played the Old Hunters DLC I had already beaten the game and done all the chalice dungeon stuff so my character was pretty over leveled, so I could pretty much just brute force my way through any fight, but this playthrough I went in as soon as I could and first Hunter you come across nearly one shot me with just his gun.

Oh and skill builds are lame. Should have went strength.
Bloodtinge katana
The cleaver is also fine

I understand the logic behind why these journalists want an easy mode.
There is only one reason journalists want an easy mode. Its so they can complete the game plus the review quickly. Simple as that, its why there is a huge disconnect between player experience in some games and reviews. I love MGSV, but the amount of perfect scores the game got with reviewers only experiencing the first half, was insane. I love it so much, but I still docked a half point for the second half of the game.

Wouldn't personally let my kids play this game but still very impressive.
Then again, my older sister let me watch silence of the lambs when I was 10 and I could handle it. Not all children are the same.

Dunno why Im binging the videos lol. Entertaining stuff.

Edit: Insanely impressive how the kid's motor skills improved in like a day. Barely controlling the camera at first, then suddenly improves with lock on, and good movement. Kids learn and absorb stuff quickly.

Last edited:
There is only one reason journalists want an easy mode. Its so they can complete the game plus the review quickly. Simple as that, its why there is a huge disconnect between player experience in some games and reviews. I love MGSV, but the amount of perfect scores the game got with reviewers only experiencing the first half, was insane. I love it so much, but I still docked a half point for the second half of the game.

Dunno why Im binging the videos lol. Entertaining stuff.

Edit: Insanely impressive how the kid's motor skills improved in like a day. Barely controlling the camera at first, then suddenly improves with lock on, and good movement. Kids learn and absorb stuff quickly.
Lol interesting perspective. Didnt think about it like that

Well the new "easy mode plz" thing is Returnal. I haven't got a PS5 so i can't say i've played it but those who have say the first half or just over half the game is pretty easy and straight forward, then the difficulty ramps up but it's nothing unmanageable. Yet there are critics giving it low scores because it was too hard...

FROM should see this and troll everyone by making Elden Ring twice as hard as they planned to, then these critics won't be able to complete the first boss.

I only played this briefly but i sucked ass. Are the i-frames less forgiving in this compared to Souls? I didn't seem to be able to dodge anything.

Will try and devote some time to this when i've finished my Monster Hunter World playthrough, though.

Back