1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Bloodborne noob, here.....

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by Dream Evil, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Dream Evil Purple Belt

So I recently got a PS4, and I picked up Bloodborne a couple of weeks ago.

Having a lot of fun with it so far. I've played DS1 and DS2, and so I'm familiar with the overall style and difficulty of the game. I just killed the Blood Starved Beast (first try, albiet I had leveled Vitality up to 30), and now I'm trying to figure out where to go next.

There are now these tall things around the Cathedral that carry sacks, and they're powerful as F. I got killed by one of them and brought to a prison where there are more of them. I can kill them one on one, but they're still capable of killing me in 2-3 hits. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be fighting through this place, or if I should go somewhere else for a while to get stronger/better equipped.

Just curious how other players approached this part of the game? I'm using the Saw Cleaver, which is a lot of fun. I tried out the axe for a while, but I prefer the speed of the cleaver.

2. A_bomb47 Wha happan to you Sherdog?

While you're at the prison. Run by the 2 snatchers in the building from the lamp post. Go outside and run all the way to the left while avoiding the 2 pigs, the dogs and the snatcher. All the way at the end you will find the tonitrus, an awesome weapon.

As for where to go. If you have beaten Vicar Amelia, I think you can go to Hemwick. If so, go there and kill the boss so you can equip runes.

3. Schoolboy Q Gold Belt

Optional area, grab the exp rune, twin bloodstone shards and dip. Fight Paarl if you really want to.

jojoRed likes this.
  4. GarbageGuy Green Belt

Yes its normal that youve been taken to the prison.

Just keep progressing around and youll find your way

Valhoven likes this.
  5. Kevster Green Belt

As already mentioned get the tonitrus aka the boss killer, it’s a beast.

A_bomb47 likes this.
  6. A_bomb47 Wha happan to you Sherdog?

Just upgraded mine to +10 a few days ago.
    Had to choose between the Tonitrus and Ludwig Holy Sword.
    Also got the Whirligig Saw yesterday. Need to farm some rocks to get it to +9

BB in Crazy!!!! and Valhoven like this.
  7. Valhoven Wilhelmus Belt Staff Member Senior Moderator

*Pizza cutter

8. deadshot138 Silver Belt

Chunks get it to +9. Rocks are for the final upgrade.

9. 4daLuLZ Black Belt

Git gud ?

<{vega}>

RufusShinra likes this.
  10. 4daLuLZ Black Belt

No but seriously, keep at them. Once you figure out their timing, they’re fairly easy to backstab n kill.
    Then once you level up, they’re laughably easy and you’ll wonder what the fuss was about.

Bait their punch then swing around and stab. You will die.....many times. But then, epiphany.

Dream Evil likes this.
  11. Dream Evil Purple Belt

Last night I went into that tower workshop.....the one behind that previously locked door on the cathedral. Haven't figured out how to open the locked door at the top, yet. I went around back and dropped down into that lower section, where it led into some kind of lower city. Didn't spend much time down there because I found an elevator that led back up to the cathedral again, behind a previously locked gate where those giant things carrying axes/hammers are walking around.

I love that this game has returned to the DS1 style of an interconnected world. I love that feeling of "oh....THAT's where I am now!" that was lost in DS2.

12. Dream Evil Purple Belt

I switched to using Ludwig's Holy Sword, which has made these guys a lot easier because it staggers them with every hit. Usually now I can just combo them, step back to regain stamina, then finish them with a second combo. Been farming them for Twin Blood shares.