Blood, Sweat and... Sparta!!! Why training is actually much cooler than you think

Stephan Kesting

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
My latest article on Grapplearts:

This may sound a bit weird coming from a guy who runs a grappling site, but I want you to ask yourself a question: why on earth are you spending hours and hours rolling around on the ground with men wearing spandex and/or pajamas?

Really

Great article. Really sums up why alot of people train i think.

Sometimes I'm so tired from training, on top of work, family etc..., I really wonder why I put myself through it.

At a recent comp, it was 9 am on a sunday morning, freezing as hell after a two hour drive. I'm standing waiting to fight thinking, why the hell am I putting myself through this...

...great article stephen, spot on.

A couple of our guys were just talking about how it's so addicting. Grappling is all I think about anymore.

Great article. Shared this with some of my friends that will be competing this weekend.

nice site you have. thanks for the great article...kind of gives those of us who train some validation (not that we need it). :)

Thanks, Stephan. I am spreading this around. One thing that I have said in the past is, "Every kid deserves a chance to fail." It's not a bad thing. In fact, the threat of failure is instrumental to success. (imho)

Great read! Thanks very much for posting, in fact its almost inspirational. I have a competition coming up in March, so its nice to have a bit of motivation.

I love reading the articles that Stephan Kesting and Martin Rooney write

This is a good read I'm at a crossroads in life. Married kid on the way thinking why do I do this shit...I think there's something to be said about doing something that is difficult just for the sake of achieving a goal

Back