Social BLM threatens retaliation over vaccine mandate

It took awhile, but finally going to get my BLM sign..lol, not really, but good for them..

As soon as I see protestors in my city, I will buy the shirt, sign, and bumper sticker and join them.

Seventy-two percent of black people in this city from ages 18 to 44 are unvaccinated. So what is going to stop the Gestapo, I mean the NYPD, from rounding up black people, from snatching them off the train, off the bus?” she added.

Chivona Newsome suggested that if these incidents continue, Black Lives Matter could revolt to exact justice like it did after George Floyd’s death.

“We’re putting this city on notice, that your mandate will not be another racist social-distance practice. Black people are not going to stand by, or you will see another uprising. And that is not a threat; that is a promise,” she said. “The vaccination passport is not a free passport to racism.”

Kimberly Bernard, the co-founder of the Black Women’s March, echoed the charge that COVID restrictions are being weaponized against minorities.

“We are serving notice on the mayor, on the governor, on the restaurant industry that we will not allow for you to use this pandemic, vaccination cards, and masks as another reason to be racist, to put us in prison. Because there’s enough of us in there,” she said.

A man from Rise and Resist, a direct-action group that formed in resistance to the 2016 election of former president Donald Trump, turned the conversation to the partisan blame game that’s exploded amid the pandemic.

“The Republican Party and elected officials and pundits on Fox News try to blame the entirety of the unvaccinated COVID crisis on black people, even though black people are twelve percent of the population,” he said.

But while the speaker said the political Right is guilty of pinning the pandemic on the unvaccinated, of whom many are blacks, a female African American in the crowd told National Review a different tale.

A college student with experience in the restaurant industry, Maya, who did not provide her last name, said her community is struggling to recognize that Democrats, not Republicans, are spearheading vaccine mandates and therefore resurrecting racial discrimination and conflict.

“Most black people aren’t going to acknowledge that the Democratic Party has disenfranchised us. Malcom X said it’s fox and wolves. The fox pretends to be your friend to your face but passes laws behind your back to harm you. The wolf is not your friend, they don’t like you, and they treat you as such. But who do you respect more? Black people tend to fall for the fox,” Maya said.

She said her job is in jeopardy now because she’s refused the vaccine, another issue of economic equity that she says Democrats are not acknowledging.

“This vaccine mandate is disproportionately affecting people of color. People shouldn’t be forced to do it. It’s ‘for your health,’ but they’re willing to ruin people’s lives to protect against a virus with over a 99 percent survival rate. . . . This is going to be the new Jim Crow, and it’s going to affect mostly people of color,” she said.

So what now from the leftist overlords?

They need to recognize this is not a racial issue they have equal access to vaccines as anybody else does and they need to get vaccinated and if they don't they can be kept out of the public square just like all the other dumb asses that don't value other people's health and well being.

Wait, I thought BLM was a communist organization? Why would commies be against state mandated vaccines?

Wonder how CNN is gonna spin this to blame White Supremacy and the Orange Boogieman.

Who else but white supremacists could you blame for this? if there wasn't white supremacy these people would have no need or inclination to overreact and misinterpret data.

They were used as guinea pigs for the experiment. They were never told the true purpose of the study and were used to study the effects of syphilis while never being informed of their syphilis diagnosis or given treatment for it. I never said “pharmaceutical” guinea pigs. What a stupid fucking thing to nitpick when you have to make up what I said to even justify it.

Just admit your ignorance. Appreciate the learning moment.

You thought black people in Tuskegee were given experimental drugs, without their knowledge, and that hundreds died from side effects. (Or, as some others wrongly believe, that the patients were actually, intentionally, injected with syphilis.)

Why would black people not trust "what's in the vaccine" based on Tuskegee unless they were, like you, under the misimpression that the government's shots caused black people to become ill and die?

It’s pretty obvious, right? The history of institutional racism using blacks as guinea pigs for experiments like Tuskegee is exactly the reason for the distrust.
They didn't test anything on them in Tuskegee, they withheld treatment from black men who already had syphilis. Still a crime, but a lot of people (one of which I used to be) think they surreptitiously gave those men syphilis.

Last edited:
They didn't test anything on them in Tuskegee, they withheld treatment from black men who already had syphilis. Still a crime, but a lot of people think they surreptitiously gave those men syphilis.
Where did I say they tested anything on them? They were guinea pigs in the experiment to see the full effects of syphilis on infected individuals. They were not even told they had syphilis and yes they were given placebos instead of real treatment.

How is that not being used a guinea pigs?

They didn't test anything on them in Tuskegee, they withheld treatment from black men who already had syphilis. Still a crime, but a lot of people (one of which I used to be) think they surreptitiously gave those men syphilis.
no one said they were injected with syphilis, dude. they were injected with all sorts of placebos and shit that would "cleanse the bad blood" which did nothing to help them. they were blatantly deceived by the US government into believing they were getting treatment when really, they were being used as guinea pigs to see what would happen if they let syphilis run rampant in black people.

Nuance? Telling everyone to to stop asking questions and just get vaccinated is very nuanced. Demanding black be put before all others is certainly very nuanced also. Vaccine passports are garbage and so is BLM.
The thread is literally about people on the left disagreeing with that position, and I certainly have not seen anything remotely resembling universal agreement on it by the left. Or are BLM no longer considered the left now?

Seventy-two percent of black people in this city from ages 18 to 44 are unvaccinated. So what is going to stop the Gestapo, I mean the NYPD, from rounding up black people, from snatching them off the train, off the bus?” she added.

Chivona Newsome suggested that if these incidents continue, Black Lives Matter could revolt to exact justice like it did after George Floyd’s death.

“We’re putting this city on notice, that your mandate will not be another racist social-distance practice. Black people are not going to stand by, or you will see another uprising. And that is not a threat; that is a promise,” she said. “The vaccination passport is not a free passport to racism.”

Kimberly Bernard, the co-founder of the Black Women’s March, echoed the charge that COVID restrictions are being weaponized against minorities.

“We are serving notice on the mayor, on the governor, on the restaurant industry that we will not allow for you to use this pandemic, vaccination cards, and masks as another reason to be racist, to put us in prison. Because there’s enough of us in there,” she said.

A man from Rise and Resist, a direct-action group that formed in resistance to the 2016 election of former president Donald Trump, turned the conversation to the partisan blame game that’s exploded amid the pandemic.

“The Republican Party and elected officials and pundits on Fox News try to blame the entirety of the unvaccinated COVID crisis on black people, even though black people are twelve percent of the population,” he said.

But while the speaker said the political Right is guilty of pinning the pandemic on the unvaccinated, of whom many are blacks, a female African American in the crowd told National Review a different tale.

A college student with experience in the restaurant industry, Maya, who did not provide her last name, said her community is struggling to recognize that Democrats, not Republicans, are spearheading vaccine mandates and therefore resurrecting racial discrimination and conflict.

“Most black people aren’t going to acknowledge that the Democratic Party has disenfranchised us. Malcom X said it’s fox and wolves. The fox pretends to be your friend to your face but passes laws behind your back to harm you. The wolf is not your friend, they don’t like you, and they treat you as such. But who do you respect more? Black people tend to fall for the fox,” Maya said.

She said her job is in jeopardy now because she’s refused the vaccine, another issue of economic equity that she says Democrats are not acknowledging.

“This vaccine mandate is disproportionately affecting people of color. People shouldn’t be forced to do it. It’s ‘for your health,’ but they’re willing to ruin people’s lives to protect against a virus with over a 99 percent survival rate. . . . This is going to be the new Jim Crow, and it’s going to affect mostly people of color,” she said.

So what now from the leftist overlords?

Nicki Minaj bless

Also, actual quote from 4chan about her lol:

"god i wanna be her whiteboy slave"

Where did I say they tested anything on them? They were guinea pigs in the experiment to see the full effects of syphilis on infected individuals. They were not even told they had syphilis and yes they were given placebos instead of real treatment.

How is that not being used a guinea pigs?
That's usually the connotation when the term "guinea pigs" is used. Anyway, I'm tired of hearing people cite things that weren't a pandemic as valid grounds for not taking a vaccine that people in other parts of the world are dying to get.

Yeah, the nuance to the mandates are that the celebrities and politicians walking the red carpet don't need passports or masks, but the black woman serving their dinner better be wearing 2 masks and have her 4th booster serial number tattooed on her forehead.
Man, the reading comprehension in this forum is abysmal. I didn't say every single policy proposed by anyone who is even remotely considered left is full of nuance, I'm saying there are many positions on the left that have nuance. This thread is about one such position, dealing with the reality of the consequences of past trauma and two current problems.

It doesn't even say that the virus isn't real, vaccines are bad, or that we shouldn't do anything about it. The point is that a mandate solution opens the door for racists to take advantage of it, and inevitably punishes people who have an understandable reason to be vaccine hesitant. That's not a hyper-partisan position, it's not an obvious conclusion without an understanding of the past and present, and it calls for a more complex solution.

Back