BLM (burn, loot, murder) rioters now burning bibles.

But you forgot that in the catholic version of psalms they leave out “thou” so the Protestant version means something different a derp a derp a tiddley derp

@TheComebackKid

So I was talking with my family priest. His response to your claims was that Mary was revered as "the matrix of apostolic succession."

Images of her and the saints are reminders and commmeration, no different than having pictures of your grandma. You love and remember your gradnma, but thats not worship.

Also:

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.
- 1 Cortinthians 4:5

He does in fact judge what is in our hearts.

you never experience any connection to heaven through The Mystical Body of Christ? you never begin to notice everything being brought into one with God in prayer? ever? you never notice "us" in the Mystical Body"

being in a love relationship with God and because God is in everyone starting to notice your connection to everyone and even someone in particular is not divination.

this type of experience which is had in love has never been absent from Christianity.

No, I've never felt any of that. I've felt the Holy Spirit. I've felt connection with those Ive been in fellowship with. I've recieved revelations. But I haven't felt a mystical oneness with everyone and everything through prayer. And I don't think that's the point or goal of prayer.

My view of scripture is that we're called to be obedient to His commands and his instructions, period. The Most High calls on us to become holy through obedience to his word. But what does holy actually mean? It means to be separated. So as I go on my walk with the Most High Im not looking for or expecting connections with everyone. I'm expecting separation with most people because most people, even believers, are not truly walking with Him. You got Christians in this thread praying to Mary and the saint lol. I can't be connected to blasphemy like that.

If the being that designed you can at some point determine exactly what will occur in your entire future and you have no ability to deviate from that path, you have zero free will. You may be ignorant of your determined fate, but it’s still already written for you.

You can try to pose some illogical situations where the omnipotent switch is flipped on and off, but that doesn’t make sense nor does it line up with Christianity’s description of an all knowing god.

When you rewatch an old fight, you know exactly how it’s going to turn out. Does that mean the athletes didn’t have free will?

When you know just what your wife, husband, parents, or friends will do or say before they do it, does it mean they didn’t have free will?

Knowing what decisions people will make before they make them does not negate their free will.

No, I've never felt any of that. I've felt the Holy Spirit. I've felt connection with those Ive been in fellowship with. I've recieved revelations. But I haven't felt a mystical oneness with everyone and everything through prayer. And I don't think that's the point or goal of prayer.

My view of scripture is that we're called to be obedient to His commands and his instructions, period. The Most High calls on us to become holy through obedience to his word. But what does holy actually mean? It means to be separated. So as I go on my walk with the Most High Im not looking for or expecting connections with everyone. I'm expecting separation with most people because most people, even believers, are not truly walking with Him. You got Christians in this thread praying to Mary and the saint lol. I can't be connected to blasphemy like that.

well this kind of experience in prayer is common and has never been absent from Christian spirituality. each person has a different penetration into it at various levels and in varied ways. some people notice particulars within the Holy Spirit and others don't.

no one looks for or expects any of this. we look for God alone and for God's will in our lives. some people while doing that start to notice others doing it too. some people begin to hear the choirs of angels singing Gods praise in heaven during prayer, and some see that too.

Last edited:
@TheComebackKid

So I was talking with my family priest. His response to your claims was that Mary was revered as "the matrix of apostolic succession."

Images of her and the saints are reminders and commmeration, no different than having pictures of your grandma. You love and remember your gradnma, but thats not worship.

Also:

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.
- 1 Cortinthians 4:5

He does in fact judge what is in our hearts.

Ok. If the Most High commands you not to make for yourself any engraven image and you decide to do it anyway, whats really in your heart? Clearly not obedience. Clearly not the Most High's will.

The reason were not to make such images for ourselves is because eventually we or others will begin to worship them. Thats how humans are. Perhaps you and your family do not worship Mary, but people like @luckyshot do by his own admission.

I don't intend to judge others hearts when we discuss these things. Im attempting to establish what is true and what it is not.

Only Christ can intercede for you. Mary cannot. Romans 8:34 where Christ intercedes for those who are saved.

Mary did not have perfect obedience. She was a sinner as well.
Please see post #406 itt where I explicitly state that I do no worship Mary. Thanks.

When you rewatch an old fight, you know exactly how it’s going to turn out. Does that mean the athletes didn’t have free will?

When you know just what your wife, husband, parents, or friends will do or say before they do it, does it mean they didn’t have free will?

Knowing what decisions people will make before they make them does not negate their free will.

Hindsight and anticipating to a human degree what your loved ones may do is not being an all knowing omnipotent creator of them and the environment they exist in.

If I watched an old fight and knew the outcome but also knew the outcome of the rest of their careers going forward before they actually competed in their future fights, there’s no choices for them to determine any different outcome. They are just playing a scripted role whether they know it or not. If they outcome is already predetermined by the entity that created this situation where fates already are sealed, whatever free will you think you have is an illusion as you are just doing what was decided by god.

Last edited:
Ok. If the Most High commands you not to make for yourself any engraven image and you decide to do it anyway, whats really in your heart? Clearly not obedience. Clearly not the Most High's will.

The reason were not to make such images for ourselves is because eventually we or others will begin to worship them. Thats how humans are. Perhaps you and your family do not worship Mary, but people like @luckyshot do by his own admission.

I don't intend to judge others hearts when we discuss these things. Im attempting to establish what is true and what it is not.

I guess we're at an impasse, but this has been an informative disputation.

Your views on the Catholic priesthood proved to be a prescience post. Unfortunately.

Can't keep covering for that organization anymore. On one hand it's the faith of my father, on the other hand they can't keep their dicks out of children.

Anyway, God be with you.

Please see post #406 itt where I explicitly state that I do no worship Mary. Thanks.
I never said you did. I just told you that Mary was a sinner as well. And she cannot intercede for you.

I never said you did. I just told you that Mary was a sinner as well. And she cannot intercede for you.
@TheComebackKid did. Are you... the @TheComebackKid? I mean, I certainly wouldn't be shocked, but usually when people create multiple accounts, there is a little more distinction between the personae.

Last edited:
Hindsight and anticipating to a human degree what your loved ones may do is not being an all knowing omnipotent creator of them and the environment they exist in.

If I watched an old fight and knew the outcome but also knew the outcome of the rest of their careers going forward before they actually competed in their future fights, there’s no choices for them to determine any different outcome. They are just playing a scripted role whether they know it or not. If they outcome is already predetermined by the entity that created this situation where fates already are sealed, whatever free will you think you have is an illusion as you are just doing what was decided by god.

You’re married to your point, no matter how illogical it is.

You don’t have to be an all-knowing god to have foresight. Foresight requires information and a deep understanding of your subject.

If you could accurately predict the outcome of a fight, many fights, or even all fights, would that suddenly mean the fighters no longer had free will?

You have a very juvenile understanding of free will. You need to honestly reconsider your position.

You’re married to your point, no matter how illogical it is.

You don’t have to be an all-knowing god to have foresight. Foresight requires information and a deep understanding of your subject.

If you could accurately predict the outcome of a fight, many fights, or even all fights, would that suddenly mean the fighters no longer had free will?

You have a very juvenile understanding of free will. You need to honestly reconsider your position.

A god like the one Christianity describes does not predict because that’s really not the right word since a prediction can be wrong. God can’t. God KNOWS your path because it created it for you and you can’t choose to deviate from it, otherwise god would be wrong and he apparently can’t be.

Explain how some creator designing you so it already knows every move and choice you will ever make before you are ever given the choices to decide yourself is being designed with free will.

It’s not, that’s being programmed.

A god like the one Christianity describes does not predict because that’s really not the right word since a prediction can be wrong.

Some people are better at making predictions than others. Why?

Back