BLM (burn, loot, murder) rioters now burning bibles.

they should try burning the Koran
Dude, you have no Koran.
dude2.jpg

Late 90s, and the early 2000s. It was pretty common at college. I saw it so often it didn't even register after a while. Not saying it was all the time. But that it was common enough that one got used to it or what have you
Odd, the whole point of protest is to make a statement. For this to happen many times that you saw first hand would imply it was prevalent in the culture of the time, yet there's not one shred of evidence of it happening anywhere but your imagination.

Now you're equating a nonsense symbolic gesture with the nazis, who had their political enemies killed in the dead of night.

You're being hyperbolic to the point of extremity, and your point is pathetically laughable. You're also being completely dishonest in your characterizations.

But it is funny how you pick and choose aspects of the characterization you've created to label them with.

Did they take over the government like the nazis? check. Do they hate the family unlike the nazis, but like the KR? check.

You don't even seem to be knowing the nature of what you write while you're writing it.

"BLM supports the destruction of symbols of the past"
<JagsKiddingMe>

Killing people in the night is a means to an end. What means to BLM's ends are off the table for achieving BLM's utoptia because of BLM's moral constraints?

As a staunch secularist and atheist I think burning others holy books is grotesque behavior. Why do it unless said religion is holding a knife to your throat? To say I'm not a fan of Islam is a hilarious understatement but I wouldn't burn any one of their trilogies. The shitbirds amongst the religious are outnumbered by the decent people just wanting to live life to their best ability.
And as a Christian with a great appreciation for the teaching of other faiths, I also find the burning of holy books to be grotesque. But I also believe it's a right of free speech to burn those books as a symbol. I don't like the act but I appreciate the freedom of speech granted to us by the Constitution and will take those burned Bibles if it gives me the freedom to read those Bibles and discuss it with others.

What do you mean?
As a proponent of humanist philosophy I believe that humans are capable of standards of ethics and morality without belief in deities or an afterlife.

The Abrahamic religions seem to have a God vs. Satan, punishment/reward thing going on. I think it's poppycock, but that's me.

Most of us know "The Golden Rule", I'm sure you do. I'm just curious as to why a deity is required to follow it, and why so many call on that deity's approval for absolution towards despicable acts.

As a proponent of humanist philosophy I believe that humans are capable of standards of ethics and morality without belief in deities or an afterlife.

The Abrahamic religions seem to have a God vs. Satan, punishment/reward thing going on. I think it's poppycock, but that's me.

Most of us know "The Golden Rule", I'm sure you do. I'm just curious as to why a deity is required to follow it, and why so many call on that deity's approval for absolution towards despicable acts.

I don't believe in divine command theory.

I fucking hate trump, but I would take four more years to avoid seeing these twats happy

Reactions: J_C
Odd, the whole point of protest is to make a statement. For this to happen many times that you saw first hand would imply it was prevalent in the culture of the time, yet there's not one shred of evidence of it happening anywhere but your imagination.
One, these weren't sanctioned nor scheduled. Just like this Portland instance.
Two, does the media cover ever little event at your college?
Three, this was twenty or so years ago. I did a Google and found nothing in any way of anything at my college. It's old enough that it's not online.
There's basically no way to verify what a group of three to fifteen did, twenty years ago.
Are there articles or evidence of people smoking pot on school grounds from 2000? I bet it still happened, but it's hard to find anything.

Anyhow basically people would get a hotel Bible or a small Bible from a street preacher and they'd burn it at school. I even know one if the girls who did this. She is the sister of my friend's wife. She was a wiccin weirdo. Others were goths or what have you.

Killing people in the night is a means to an end. What means to BLM's ends are off the table for achieving BLM's utoptia because of BLM's moral constraints?

Jesus Christ, you really do think BLM wants some black ethno state with whites as slaves, don't you?

BLM's aims aren't the same as any of the groups you listed, nor are their tactics. You picking out one random aspect of BLM from your fever dream and assigning it to BLM is.......not convincing in the least.

Jesus Christ, you really do think BLM wants some black ethno state with whites as slaves, don't you?

BLM's aims aren't the same as any of the groups you listed, nor are their tactics. You picking out one random aspect of BLM from your fever dream and assigning it to BLM is.......not convincing in the least.

Any group that calls for people to literally get on their knees for their political agenda is evil. BLM wants to dictate how people use public roads (and indeed has already done this). BLM wants to take jobs and wealth from whites. BLM wants to destroy the nuclear family. What kind of life do you think whites who don't kneel for BLM can expect if BLM is successful? You continue to dodge stating what BLM won't resort to to achieve its utopia.

I'm not here to split hairs over the schism; if Orthodoxy wants to claim the Bible, that's fine, but "Bible believing" American fundamentalists don't have a leg to stand on-- especially when they disparage the Catholic Church.

I'm still waiting for you to get back to me with the details of those Republican healthcare plans, btw...

Of course they have a leg to stand on. There's no evidence that the writers of the gospels believed either in the magisterium or that the seven ecumenical councils that created Eastern Orthodox doctrine would get things right.

Any group that calls for people to literally get on their knees for their political agenda is evil. BLM wants to dictate how people use public roads (and indeed has already done this). BLM wants to take jobs and wealth from whites. BLM wants to destroy the nuclear family. What kind of life do you think whites who don't kneel for BLM can expect if BLM is successful? You continue to dodge stating what BLM won't resort to to achieve its utopia.

It was a symbolic gesture, and BLM wasn't asking for it as some unified group.

You're an odd duck. Protests often block roads, as was done during the civil rights period, and you're trying to lump BLM in with the nazis over that? Get real.

"BLM wants to take jobs and wealth from whites. BLM wants to destroy the nuclear family."

You even fuckin' hear yourself? You sound like some know nothing or an inbred follower of WAR.
giphy.gif

It was a symbolic gesture, and BLM wasn't asking for it as some unified group.

You're an odd duck. Protests often block roads, as was done during the civil rights period, and you're trying to lump BLM in with the nazis over that? Get real.

"BLM wants to take jobs and wealth from whites. BLM wants to destroy the nuclear family."

You even fuckin' hear yourself? You sound like some know nothing or an inbred follower of WAR.
giphy.gif

i bet you anything Sabertooth is a secret Holocaust denier, or minimizer.

<23>

In addition to not being a communist country by any possible definition, Venezuela is extremely Christian.
Okay so you're saying Venezuala is perfect?

lolz @ "progressives" and their book burnings, segregation, and etc.

You bet wrong.

ok no problem.

how many Jews did the Nazis kill total?

Back