BLM (burn, loot, murder) rioters now burning bibles.

I would say they have an entirely different mentality in comparison to those cajoled into fascist nazi iedology. They aren't pushing for anything like what the nazis were.

You should feel really stupid writing this crap. You seem to have a worldview in which the blacks in America were seriously discussing the "white problem" for decades based upon centuries of religious rhetoric and cultural instruction, and where the black community's solution to this problem was often, even in the most liberal cases, arguing for expulsion of the problem group, if not their physical destruction in whole.

You should feel stupid and bad.

Saying they have an "entirely different mentality" doesn't answer the question. The Nazis hated Jews, USSR hated kulaks, KR hated ethnic Vietnamese, BLM hates whites (and of course each of these four hated/hates people beyond the four targets of hatred I mentioned). The Soviets, Chicoms, and KR were no more evil than the Nazis, and just like BLM, they were communists. So tell me, what are the moral differences between BLM on one hand and the Soviets, Chicoms, KR, etc on the other. I'm still waiting for you to do this.

Late 90s, and the early 2000s. It was pretty common at college. I saw it so often it didn't even register after a while. Not saying it was all the time. But that it was common enough that one got used to it or what have you
Yeah, you sound full of shit.

Lol. Who do you think put it together?

Claiming the Bible is a "Catholic" book is anachronistic. There was no "Roman Catholic Church" as we know it until the schism in 1054. What makes the Bible a Catholic book as opposed to an Eastern Orthodox book?

Yeah the Bible as we know it is definitely Catholic. The editing of the Bible is often overlooked. Between being transcribed, translated, and the decisions made about what books went in and what would be taken out, plus the theological ideas and cultural beliefs of the time, the Bible can say many different things depending on the time and place.

It's important to know the origin of the word and the influences on it when studying the Bible and what it has to teach. That's far overlooked, especially in American Evangelical Christianity.

What they dont know about the Bible while preaching it is staggering.

Burning the bible is no different than burning the Koran or throwing paint on a BLM street mural. Burning an American flag is no different than burning an LGBTQ flag or an Antifa flag or really anyone's flag, also a provocation.

I find it humorous when anyone defends one but not the other.

Yeah the Bible as we know it is definitely Catholic. The editing of the Bible is often overlooked. Between being transcribed, translated, and the decisions made about what books went in and what would be taken out, plus the theological ideas and cultural beliefs of the time, the Bible can say many different things depending on the time and place.

It's important to know the origin of the word and the influences on it when studying the Bible and what it has to teach. That's far overlooked, especially in American Evangelical Christianity.

Which bible canon are you referring to?

Most+Common+Biblical+Cannons.jpg

Yeah, you sound full of shit.
No. This happened and happened many times. It was usuywith free bibles you got from a hotel or what have you. I have to say I saw it at least 5 times if not more. You and I come from very different Americas.

Claiming the Bible is a "Catholic" book is anachronistic. There was no "Roman Catholic Church" as we know it until the schism in 1054. What makes the Bible a Catholic book as opposed to an Eastern Orthodox book?
Pre schism the church was known as the Catholic Church. Catholic derived from a Latin word for universal.

No. This happened and happened many times. It was usuywith free bibles you got from a hotel or what have you. I have to say I saw it at least 5 times if not more. You and I come from very different Americas.
Surely there must be a shred of proof if college kids had burned Gideon Bibles "many" times. Especially in a place like DC.

Pre schism the church was known as the Catholic Church. Catholic derived from a Latin word for universal.

I'm aware. Your claim is still anachronistic. "Catholic" didn't mean Pope, magisterium, cardinals, etc when the books of the NT were written.

Surely there must be a shred of proof if college kids had burned Gideon Bibles "many" times. Especially in a place like DC.
Like what? Kids got in groups of 10-25 on campus and burned them. No cameras were ever there. It was common and most people didn't bat an eye.
The junior college certainly didn't care. Not even about the fire. Though the books burned pretty fast though.
We had multiple protests and political activists and I never saw any media ever.

The language of the bible and most Pauline Christians at the time was Greek. I don't recall that term being used during the apostolic age or during the formation of the canon.

I'm aware. Your claim is still anachronistic. "Catholic" didn't mean Pope, magisterium, cardinals, etc when the books of the NT were written.
You can argue semantics all day. Sure it was built on Jewish scriptures, and the Protestants further influenced it later on, but the majority of it as we know it is Catholic.

You should feel really stupid writing this crap. You seem to have a worldview in which the blacks in America were seriously discussing the "white problem"
What do you think whiteness studies, white privilege, white fragility, etc are?

The language of the bible and most Pauline Christians at the time was Greek. I don't recall that term being used during the apostolic age or during the formation of the canon.
Saint Ignatius of Antioch used the word as early as 110 AD. We can get knee deep in to this conversation, but I don't see the point of and I don't think we're going to have a completely definitive answer, so I'm going to pull out of this before the thread gets derailed too much. Feel free to tag me in the lounge thread if you want to educate me though, please.

Every post of yours that I see is whining about a boogeyman. You don't actually challenge anyone's ideas. You just whine.

Sad.
I just challenged your idea. How's the left gonna achieve dat elusive equity?

Back