#BLM (Black Lives Matter) Formalizes its Political Demands

It boggles the mind that there are adults in the world that are asking for these things with a straight face. Every other demand is so wildly outrageous that I think something needs to be done to stop this movement. An ant-BLM campaign to educate people or something. There's no way this is positive for society.
No need, any movement with a list of demands this ludicrous stops itself.

No need, any movement with a list of demands this ludicrous stops itself.

People talk about how dangerous young earth creationists are, but to me, this is at least on par but in reality even more dangerous. They're demanding special treatment for an entire race, including stuff that's simply illogical and harmful.

Right now, I dont recall reading anything this dumb.

why couldnt they just make reasonable police reform requests to start?? more stringent hiring polices. more training etc etc. things that can actually be implemented and could make a difference in their communities?

People talk about how dangerous young earth creationists are, but to me, this is at least on par but in reality even more dangerous. They're demanding special treatment for an entire race, including stuff that's simply illogical and harmful.
Well, they're a minority of a minority.
Police need to be cautious and mindful of how they do their job.
But reduced need for police contact would help a lot too.

Well, I have reserved judgement on this movement because the outbursts, dumb points made and acts of violence have never been linked back to the actual movement because there was no central, organized leadership, at least from what I can tell. And the people who used these examples as evidence to oppose BLM were never able to make the link.

But now that BLM made a list of demands that is directly coming from the organization which will be a non-starter for any real change and will cause outright dismissal of any real beef they have, I suspect this thing will either fizzle out or really turn into a golem (opposed to accomplishing real positive changes).

It's a shame because there is a real beef to be had with inner city blacks (they do have a raw deal) and I would certainly support a movement that was aimed to help these folks.

What a fucking joke. How about you stop killing each other, do not have children before you finish high school and get a fucking job.

Well, they're a minority of a minority.
Police need to be cautious and mindful of how they do their job.
But reduced need for police contact would help a lot too.

Pew Polls show that they have a lot of support.

Among whites, Democrats and those younger than 30 are particularly supportive of Black Lives Matter. White Democrats are about as likely as blacks to express at least some support for the Black Lives Matter movement – about two-thirds (64%) do.

Edit- Do you think Clinton will distance herself from BLM, or continue supporting them?

Among whites, Democrats and those younger than 30 are particularly supportive of Black Lives Matter. White Democrats are about as likely as blacks to express at least some support for the Black Lives Matter movement – about two-thirds (64%) do.

Edit- Do you think Clinton will distance herself from BLM, or continue supporting them?
"Supportive of", but I'll bet that wouldn't show so well if these issues were put to a vote; I think a fair amount of that would turn out to be very conditional support.

That doesn't tell us very much though (link isn't working for me). I mean, what kind of person doesn't support the idea that innocent people shouldn't be shot by the police or that inner city kids should get a shot at a good education and working hard to get a well-paying job? There are certainly things with BLM that decent people should support.

I couldn't bring myself to read all of them, but I agree with these.

Are you sure about that.

So just let violent crime offenders like rapist, assault with deadly weapon offenders (which can easily be made attempt homicide suspects) and robbery crimes not have to pay bail so they can just bounce and not show up to their court date, or be held in jail until trial?

Anarchy much brother?

"Supportive of", but I'll bet that wouldn't show so well if these issues were put to a vote; I think a fair amount of that would turn out to be very conditional support.
As to your edit, I wish she would keep them off the stage, but she definitely needs to keep the black vote.
Not that she has to work for it.
Cube, in '91: "... But blacks are too fucking broke to be Republican."

As to your edit, I wish she would keep them off the stage, but she definitely needs to keep the black vote.
Hillary can support blacks and the low hanging fruit (things that are easy for liberals to support), so to speak, of the BLM cause. She can speak out against police brutality, fight to improve education for inner cities, decriminalize drugs that cause high incarceration rates, etc.. She doesn't have to go full retard to keep that vote.

That doesn't tell us very much though (link isn't working for me). I mean, what kind of person doesn't support the idea that innocent people shouldn't be shot by the police or that inner city kids should get a shot at a good education and working hard to get a well-paying job? There are certainly things with BLM that decent people should support.

The link shows that 4 in 10 Americans are supportive of the movement.

I can give America the benefit of the doubt and suggest that until now they didn't know what BLM was about, even though the signs were there (some in flashing neon lights), but there is really no excuse now.

Who doesn't want to see the lower class succeed, or poor urban youth removed from their poverty cycle? It was obvious BLM wasn't helping either cause.

Perhaps there should be some reflection if these lyrics still apply 25 years later. Nothing changed.

Nah, I'll continue blaming BLM for BLM.

Which is pretty much not relevant to what I said.

I said the reason BLM is lasting as long as it is can be traced to how it's challengers challenge it. I contrasted it to how OWS was challenged and how the difference in approach led to OWS fading out far quicker than BLM is.

When challenging OWS, people didn't claim the 99% vs. 1% income equality issue didn't exist. They challenged if the damage was a great as OWS claimed it was. In contrast, people challenge BLM on a different grounds. They challenge if the very issue BLM claims to address exists at all. This extends the life of a movement by giving it more points of debate. Because now they are finding to be recognized enough to debate their core issue.

If people acknowledged the validity of the issue up front then a debate on the impact of the issue would speed the demise of the movement. A movement gains strength when the opposition tries to deny that there's anything to talk about. A movement dies when everyone agrees to talk about the issue but it then goes through formal channels. Moving through formal channels removes the need for "rebel" leaders to organize and lead a protest since the formal leaders are already doing so. That doesn't mean capitulating to the movement, it's just a method of removing the movement's power by absorbing it.

An example is how the DNC is trying to stem Bernie's impact by "adopting" parts of his platform. A contrast is how the RNC has refused to formally adopt any of Trump's platform. Trump remains a force to be reckoned with, Bernie is essentially toothless.

The link shows that 4 in 10 Americans are supportive of the movement.

I can give America the benefit of the doubt and suggest that until now they didn't know what BLM was about, even though the signs were there (some in flashing neon lights), but there is really no excuse now.

Who doesn't want to see the lower class succeed, or poor urban youth removed from their poverty cycle? It was obvious BLM wasn't helping either cause.
Right, I'm not arguing that BLM was the right cause but I am questioning the interpretation of that poll.

I do think you're right that most people didn't know a ton about BLM mostly because it was poorly organized. But the things people did know about them are easy to get behind.

I said the reason BLM is lasting as long as it is can be traced to how it's challengers challenge it.

Sound an awful lot like you're trying to blame-shift. You can try to explain how the movement arose, but with regards to the movement and it's actions, only the movement itself can be blamed.

They're a racist group and they should be rightfully condemned.

Back