#BLM (Black Lives Matter) Formalizes its Political Demands

A lot of the demands are dumb, and the "criminalization of being black" narrative is of course ridiculous, but I actually agree with a few of the things.

An end to capital punishment.

An end to the use of past criminal history to determine eligibility for housing, education, licenses, voting, loans, employment, and other services and needs.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Cliffs:

"We wuld like it iff yous wite devilz gave us ur moneys and stop killin us when our babies rob ya 'n' shit."

A lot of the demands are dumb, and the "criminalization of being black" narrative is of course ridiculous, but I actually agree with a few of the things.

An end to capital punishment.

An end to the use of past criminal history to determine eligibility for housing, education, licenses, voting, loans, employment, and other services and needs.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Dislike the first, but I'd love to see the second happen. If we operate on the premise of our criminal justice system leading to rehabilitation, which we do, the latter point is just operating against what we're trying to achieve. Our criminal justice system needs some serious looking at in general, though...

My favorite part from skimming all that shit, is how now they DON'T want cops to wear body cameras in the hood.

Less evidence, more outrage.

Fuck BLM!

nate-diaz-2.jpg

Really? You think Hillary is going to cave to those demands?

Will pander to and placate them - giving them false hope in exchange for campaigning commercials and votes.

But short of a black trostky or negro Bernie -- no one is passing that at the executive level.

My favorite part from skimming all that shit, is how now they DON'T want cops to wear body cameras in the hood.

Less evidence, more outrage.

But dude... They're just going to turn it off every time they're about to brutalize a brother... So why even bother?

Essentially they should start protesting for Bernie Sanders.

I just reskimmed it.......they want a guaranteed minimum livable income for all black people? Are they absolutely out of their minds?

This is where they lose me, right off the bat.

"In response to the sustained and increasingly visible violence against Black communities in the U.S."

They are literally saying here, that because of the increased awareness made possible by the internet, that a radical response is necessary. We have exactly the opposite problem. We are overreacting because of increased awareness. Particularly on the issue of police violence. While a positive long-term change was made through the increased use of technology for accountability, the cases which have garnered (pun intended) the most attention and outrage are the ones that are not deserving of it.

Some of the items in their platform make sense, but it's full of a lot of bullshit that would have been more appropriate to the reality of 50 years ago rather than today.

I just reskimmed it.......they want a guaranteed minimum livable income for all black people? Are they absolutely out of their minds?

I actually think a universal income is a potentially good idea for the future, even if we're not quite at that point yet, but a universal income just for black people? Yeah, fuck off.

I actually think a universal income is a potentially good idea for the future, even if we're not quite at that point yet, but a universal income just for black people? Yeah, fuck off.
Considering all the jobs that have disappeared and are never coming back, universal income is something to investigate and study. But to suggest it for one race is among the most asinine and racist things I've ever heard.

Okay so they want control (or at the very least, influence) over:
  • The courts
  • The police
  • The military
  • The banks
  • The education system
  • The health care system
But they can't even control and manage their own supporters

Yeah if you have robbed a gas station in the past it shouldn't reflect on your current attempts to seek work at a gas station.

What if I identify as a black person?

Back