Blizzard's Upcoming FPS: Overwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its an interesting question, really. What compels people to come into any Blizzard thread and declare their disappointment with a game they played 3 years ago?

butthurt-everywhere_auto-154207.png

Its an interesting question, really. What compels people to come into any Blizzard thread and declare their disappointment with a game they played 3 years ago?

I love debating games but I try to stay away from game specific threads when I do.
In the diablo thread it obviously has diablo fans, and this thread has people interested in overwatch.

If blizzard had a long EAish history of shitting on fans it would be one thing, but I'm a diablo hater and think overall they do well by their fans across their other titles.

630x.jpg

It's actually unclear whether this title will adopt a free-to-play model or not, but if it does, it seems like the retail release will be stacked with extra content. According to a GAME listing which emerged ahead of time, the Origins Edition will include 21 heroes and five skins. There'll also be content based upon previous Blizzard games like World of Warcraft and StarCraft 2.
Included Content

Sources from Game.co.uk.

• 21 Heroes
  • 5 Skins
    • Blackwatch Reyes (Reaper)
    • Strike-Commander Morrison (Soldier: 76)
    • Overgrown Bastion
    • Security Chief Pharah
    • Slipstream Tracer
  • Overwatch-themed content for several Blizzard Entertainment games:
    • Heroes of the Storm™ - Tracer Hero
    • World of Warcraft® - Baby Winston Pet
    • StarCraft® II Portraits
    • Hearthstone® Cardback
    • Diablo® III - Mercy Wings
[YT]pYC44YPb_5k[/YT]

I am pretty excited for this. I am no blizzard fanboy or hater, I played a decent amount of d3 then quit and a decent amount of HOTS and am cooling off to it.
Overwatch looks like another fun game I'll dive into for a couple months, spend money on, then move on.
Like their other titles I assume it will lack depth but have great polish and fun mechanics.
Similar to League of Legends.

I did see this thread before making the one I did...felt it needed a fresh start away from the ranting this thread turned into...but whatever...

Just noticed that this is a full price game. Most likely gonna pass, I thought it was on some freemium pay model.
There are plenty of free to cheap shooters out there and if I spend money it will likely be on rainbow six instead.

oh holy shit, i was like, wtf, this thread was just created and it got more than 100 posts

it was merged, thats all

game loots interesting. need to play to really evaluate it

I did see this thread before making the one I did...felt it needed a fresh start away from the ranting this thread turned into...but whatever...
My wisdom is in knowing that it will just start again. It does in every Blizzard thread. The haters will hang around until the game actually releases. Then only the stragglers will remain.

You're yelling at a wall, brah. None of these things matter to him because D3 didn't have a hostile button.

You are literally the most blind fanboy I've ever talked to. You are the literal incarnation of a fanboy. You say he's talking to a wall. Yet all I do is point out NUMEROUS problems with the game. I go in DEPTH to the problems. Then you say it's only because there isn't a hostile button. What in the fuck is your problem? Why can't you comprehend anything? You don't understand anything. Your thought process is so embarrassing dumb to describe I feel like I'll get infractions for describing it. So I'll just stop. You're too much of a blind fanboy to admit their could be anything wrong with your precious game.

diablo 2 only sold 6.3 million units maybe you are "romanticizing" D2 because of the time you enjoyed playing it (yes i played D1 and D2 hundreds if not thousands of hours) while D3 has its flaws it is still a massive achievement .. removing trading keeps the ebay players and cheaters out of the game ..if anything the endgame for D3 is more difficult than D2 ever was especially the greater rifts etc..not sure about your "playing together" gripe if anything D3 makes playing together easier.. you have all your friends on battlenet you talk in game and voice chat together, and simply invite them to a party and make whatever level and difficulty you want... D3 has seen massive changes in the last 6 months alone i doubt you would even recognize it

It had 6.3 million sales on computer alone. D3 had hype, massive pre-orders (breaking pre order records), also adding to the sales were gamers who got the game from buying a wow subscription. (which added millions to the number) and it was released on counsel, something D2 wasn't. But I will admit, a lot of people bought the game. Although around 6 and a million were bought in the first week. That's all from hype of d2 and blizzards great track record, not from the merit of D3. But yea, I'll admit it did go on to sell a lot over the years. My point with it being harder to play with friends was based on my own experience. They may have worked on balance issues now, but when I played it just didn't make sense to have more people come into your game. The monsters got too powerful, to the point you couldn't beat areas that you could beat while playing solo. And even if you could beat the areas working together, nobody was on the same page. You couldn't label your game "diablo run" so nobody had the same idea of what to do. It was fucking stupid to take that away. I mean I can go on and on about the problems but if you like the game I don't care. It's a fine game, and this is an overwatch thread.

Overwatch actually made eat my words a little bit. When Blizzard had the issues with D3 originally, had issues and cancelled titan, released starcraft II which while being a great game, didn't innovate much, I predicted they were done making great games that really pushed boundaries, or added something to gaming (rather than refine and live off the past). Overwatch is kind of proving me wrong. I can admit that. I've been saying a company should make a FPS that isn't just another Halo or Call of Duty, a game that has fun gameplay mechanics, isn't hyper realistic. Have people who can jump high, or run fast. And to my complete surprise it was Blizzard who is attempting it. I hope it works out.

You are literally the most blind fanboy I've ever talked to. You are the literal incarnation of a fanboy. You say he's talking to a wall. Yet all I do is point out NUMEROUS problems with the game. I go in DEPTH to the problems. Then you say it's only because there isn't a hostile button. What in the fuck is your problem? Why can't you comprehend anything? You don't understand anything. Your thought process is so embarrassing dumb to describe I feel like I'll get infractions for describing it. So I'll just stop. You're too much of a blind fanboy to admit their could be anything wrong with your precious game.

It had 6.3 million sales on computer alone. D3 had hype, massive pre-orders (breaking pre order records), also adding to the sales were gamers who got the game from buying a wow subscription. (which added millions to the number) and it was released on counsel, something D2 wasn't. But I will admit, a lot of people bought the game. Although around 6 and a million were bought in the first week. That's all from hype of d2 and blizzards great track record, not from the merit of D3. But yea, I'll admit it did go on to sell a lot over the years. My point with it being harder to play with friends was based on my own experience. They may have worked on balance issues now, but when I played it just didn't make sense to have more people come into your game. The monsters got too powerful, to the point you couldn't beat areas that you could beat while playing solo. I mean I can go on and on about the problems but if you like the game I don't care. It's a fine game, and this is an overwatch thread.
Take it outside. General Blizzard discussion is inevitable. This, on the other hand, is a straight up Diablo 3 debate that has no place in this thread.

I like their decision to avoid the F2P model. It means I won't play the game at launch, but it's nice to see a developer choose gameplay mechanics over $$$.

Been checking out some of the closed beta vids. This guy does pretty well with Winston:

Apparently they're doing a major stress test this weekend, loads of people on the list are getting keys for the weekend, so keep an eye on your Blizzard account.

What the hell do I need to actually do to throw my vote in for the beta? I wanna play, dammit. Do I actually need to click a button on the website saying I'd like to opt into the beta? Or will I just get an e-mail or something if they decide to lemme in. I was always just sent e-mails for the WoW expansion betas letting me know I was in.

Snap. I got into the beta this weekend. Check your emails.

What the hell do I need to actually do to throw my vote in for the beta? I wanna play, dammit. Do I actually need to click a button on the website saying I'd like to opt into the beta? Or will I just get an e-mail or something if they decide to lemme in. I was always just sent e-mails for the WoW expansion betas letting me know I was in.

Yes, opt-in through your Battle.NET account. Just go to Account Management and Beta Preferences and click on it.

I never get invited for this fucking shit. I'm so pumped up for it too. Arghhh.

Yes, opt-in through your Battle.NET account. Just go to Account Management and Beta Preferences and click on it.

I never get invited for this fucking shit. I'm so pumped up for it too. Arghhh.

Thanks, opt-ed in. I'm really pumped to play this game too. The bros, Hanzo and Genji, are the first characters I am going to play, for sure.

ive been playing most of today and im kinda underwhelmed with the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back