Blizzard's Upcoming FPS: Overwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this about D3. It is a good game, but it is not a proper D2 successor. and that is why people are so negative towards it.

What I really want form Blizzard is a moddable D3. Open it up to the community to provide customized games/maps/etc..

DOTA just did this and people are coming up with all kinds of cool games. StarCraft has mods, why not D3?

I think the bigger reason they get so negative is that hating on popular things somehow makes them feel superior to "the masses". Look at thunderflash in the thread. The dude can't even formulate an opinion that makes sense. A game "fails" it's way to being the top selling PC game of all time, and its expansion breaks all sorts of records which directly contradicts the "only day one sales" argument. Reality is completely lost on him and only his opinion matters. He's not alone, many of the biggest detractors have positions that are equally asinine and devoid of any sort of logic.

I don't even know what being a worthy successor means, really. Again, it's one of those vague and nebulous criticisms that mean very little.

But, there's a thread devoted to D3 and this isn't it.

The more I've seen of this game I think it's gonna be really big.

That shit about character movement sounds being different for each character is awesome. Each character can be recognized by sound without seeing them.

I wanna play this game.

I think the bigger reason they get so negative is that hating on popular things somehow makes them feel superior to "the masses". Look at thunderflash in the thread. The dude can't even formulate an opinion that makes sense. A game "fails" it's way to being the top selling PC game of all time, and its expansion breaks all sorts of records which directly contradicts the "only day one sales" argument. Reality is completely lost on him and only his opinion matters. He's not alone, many of the biggest detractors have positions that are equally asinine and devoid of any sort of logic.

I don't even know what being a worthy successor means, really. Again, it's one of those vague and nebulous criticisms that mean very little.

But, there's a thread devoted to D3 and this isn't it.

No. You're wrong. The other poster is right. D3 wasn't a flat out terrible game. It just shouldn't have been called diablo. It took too many steps back. They changed the tone too much. Dumbed the dialogue down. Made the monsters goofy looking instead of scary/realistic. Got rid of the hostile button. Killed trade. Had a main character question whether or not demons even exists. God damn that was terrible writing. If it was a different game series id say it's a pretty lame game over all, but not bad. It's got a lot of positives. The actual gameplay wasn't the worst. I just witnessed the death of a game series. D3 is something different. Their is no succesor to d3.

No. You're wrong. The other poster is right. D3 wasn't a flat out terrible game. It just shouldn't have been called diablo. It took too many steps back. They changed the tone too much. Dumbed the dialogue down. Made the monsters goofy looking instead of scary/realistic. Got rid of the hostile button. Killed trade. Had a main character question whether or not demons even exists. God damn that was terrible writing. If it was a different game series id say it's a pretty lame game over all, but not bad. It's got a lot of positives. The actual gameplay wasn't the worst. I just witnessed the death of a game series. D3 is something different. Their is no succesor to d3.

This is directly contradictory to you're saying the game was "a failure" and "A turd" and overall just saying its bad or terrible. Be consistent in your criticisms.

It was a turd. It tried to be diablo. It didn't have PvP. A hostile button. Playing together was difficult for numerous reasons. Both it would raise the difficulty too high and it would not let you make a game with a title to get her everyone on the same page. D2 had none of these problems. Comparing it as a diablo game, it's a massive turd. It doesn't matter what they fix. They are left with a bad diablo game.

BTW I mentioned it's a fine game. It just made fans like the series less. I view that as a failure. If it wasn't a diablo game it'd be fine. So no, no contradiction.

So how about that Overwatch game, guys?

That this thread is about?

I sure think that Overwatch game looks great. Can't wait to play Overwatch. The game this thread is about. Any news about from the streamers that got into the beta?

So how about that Overwatch game, guys?

That this thread is about?

I sure think that Overwatch game looks great. Can't wait to play Overwatch. The game this thread is about. Any news about from the streamers that got into the beta?

The people I've seen have all been positive about it.

What I am seeing too.
This biggest downer for the game seems to be balance issues so far.

Seems like that would be hard to avoid with how varied every one is. It's something they can fix over time.

This game is like the super smash bros of fps games. A bunch of different characters with different speeds and attacks, all in one game. The idea is great.

So that Beta is closed? Pretty bummed I didn't get an invite. Really wanted to get my hands on this.

Kinda to be expected, tho, seeing as how its in beta.

Yes and no.
I have played a ton of prerelease games and other than tweaking the numbers have never really seen many changes before release.

So if the mechanics are OP then things might be tough, but if they can just fidget the number to bring things into line the game should be great.

Based on what I've seen, Pharah is the only character that needs to be nerfed. Other characters have "OP" moments, but she's pretty consistent in her dominance. Hard to say this early on, though, and without being able to play for myself. I've read that there will be an open beta some time after Blizzcon, but I don't know if that's actually true.

got beta on day 2. i got say this game bores me to tears, it's just boring i cant explain why. even premading with friends it's boring.

It was a turd. It tried to be diablo. It didn't have PvP. A hostile button. Playing together was difficult for numerous reasons. Both it would raise the difficulty too high and it would not let you make a game with a title to get her everyone on the same page. D2 had none of these problems. Comparing it as a diablo game, it's a massive turd. It doesn't matter what they fix. They are left with a bad diablo game.

BTW I mentioned it's a fine game. It just made fans like the series less. I view that as a failure. If it wasn't a diablo game it'd be fine. So no, no contradiction.

30 million people disagree with you

Diablo 3 lifetime sales top 30 million units

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/4/9097497/diablo-3-sales-30-million-units

diablo 2 only sold 6.3 million units maybe you are "romanticizing" D2 because of the time you enjoyed playing it (yes i played D1 and D2 hundreds if not thousands of hours) while D3 has its flaws it is still a massive achievement .. removing trading keeps the ebay players and cheaters out of the game ..if anything the endgame for D3 is more difficult than D2 ever was especially the greater rifts etc..not sure about your "playing together" gripe if anything D3 makes playing together easier.. you have all your friends on battlenet you talk in game and voice chat together, and simply invite them to a party and make whatever level and difficulty you want... D3 has seen massive changes in the last 6 months alone i doubt you would even recognize it

30 million people disagree with you

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/4/9097497/diablo-3-sales-30-million-units

diablo 2 only sold 6.3 million units maybe you are "romanticizing" D2 because of the time you enjoyed playing it (yes i played D1 and D2 hundreds if not thousands of hours) while D3 has its flaws it is still a massive achievement .. removing trading keeps the ebay players and cheaters out of the game ..if anything the endgame for D3 is more difficult than D2 ever was especially the greater rifts etc..not sure about your "playing together" gripe if anything D3 makes playing together easier.. you have all your friends on battlenet you talk in game and voice chat together, and simply invite them to a party and make whatever level and difficulty you want... D3 has seen massive changes in the last 6 months alone i doubt you would even recognize it

You're yelling at a wall, brah. None of these things matter to him because D3 didn't have a hostile button.

No joke, he actually argues that the only reason D3 sold so well is due to day one sales because of the popularity of D2. Blizzard being the most recognizable brand in PC gaming has nothing to do with it. Which is hilariously ironic because in another thread he argues against criticism of Skyrim by bringing up units sold despite it selling less than D3. He lives in some sort of hater fantasy world.

Jeez I think D3 was garbage on release and upgraded to OK now but why are you still on about it in the overwatch thread?

Jeez I think D3 was garbage on release and upgraded to OK now but why are you still on about it in the overwatch thread?

Its an interesting question, really. What compels people to come into any Blizzard thread and declare their disappointment with a game they played 3 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back