1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

International Blizzard games accused of blocking people from deleting accounts. Sounds illegal.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by VivaRevolution, Oct 10, 2019.

1. ElKarlo

ElKarlo Steel Belt

Yeah, it isn't even a real comparison. We are saying these opinions, while China is FORCING theirs. A world of difference

uppercutbus and Whippy McGee like this.
  2. ToxicShocker

ToxicShocker Red Belt

3. Whippy McGee

Whippy McGee Meme Master

The tariffs suck. Trade wars suck. But, if we don't break these rat bastards now, stopping them later will be near impossible.

They steal IP, force slave labor, are oppressive in the scariest of ways, and are pushing their shit brand across the world. What's it going to be? Are we going to take a bite of the shit sandwich now? Or, let them go crazy and eat shit sandwiches for the next few decades, or longer? This moment is real and it matters. Orange Man may be bad, but China must be dealt with.

The boards of these companies should be ashamed. I am on a board of a Small Business... but damn, I would vote to close shop and find something else, than to bend over at the expense of others for such a draconian and oppressive nation.

uppercutbus likes this.
  4. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

<Varys01>

5. K-Bag

K-Bag If life gives you lemons you make potato salad.

We know what happens when you say Taiwan Numba 1.

Whippy McGee and uppercutbus like this.
  6. Black Conf3derate

Black Conf3derate sounds about white Double Yellow Card

Because "American conservatives" are all the same exact people from all time periods in U.S. history.

[​IMG]

uppercutbus likes this.
  7. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

Pretty scummy to kowtow to China like that, but don't they have rules about using their platform for political or commercial promotion?

8. The Merchant

The Merchant Brown Belt

Blizzard tweeted they have engineers working on it, so it was true at one point it wasn't working, the reasons remain unclear.

Blizzcon is going to be an absolute shit-show though.

9. The Merchant

The Merchant Brown Belt

and dignity of China, never forget their dignity.

7437 likes this.
  10. The Merchant

The Merchant Brown Belt

What happens when you let "the market" decide shit all on it's own.

11. Cunningham

Cunningham Silver Belt

Blizzard is a horrible company and not just because they haven't made a good game since 1998.

uppercutbus likes this.
  12. Dirt Road Soldier

Dirt Road Soldier All Praise To The Gun!

Diablo III wasnt to shabby, even if one of the classes is still completely broken. And WoW was decent till Wrath.

13. Cunningham

Cunningham Silver Belt

I haven't liked anything they've done since Starcraft 1. Warcraft 1+2, Diablo 1 and Starcraft 1 were all excellent though. Still have WC2 and SC1 on my PC.

14. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Define "the market".

15. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Black Belt

Leftist protest is aimed at exposing the faults of their own government so that it won't slide into totalitarian tyranny like China. Are you so dense that you think any criticism of the US requires a round of whataboutism for China? This is the same idiocy that makes you guys bring up Saudi Arabia anytime someone promotes gay rights here.

16. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Black Belt

oooh boy, "gamers" have become an entire victim class in recent years, and it's all in the aftermath of Gamergate. I have to keep emphasizing how much this idiotic conflict ended up twisting an entire generation because most mature adults have lived in ignorant bliss of this culture war waging right under their nose. The Alt-right was born out of Gamergate.

If you wanna see what they've evolved to, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/GamersRiseUp/
    [​IMG]

Let this be a reminder of how powerful the collective gaming culture is
    [​IMG]

Mind you, most gamers aren't this way. But they are a very angry and vocal subset that forces the industry to bend to their whims.

17. Mendacious

Mendacious Blue Belt

I browse Reddit, an *extremely* liberal, and anti-American website and all I have seen is universally negative response from the entire website. I’ve seen multiple anti-Chinese/CCP threads regularly reach over 100k upvotes which is extremely rare just in the past few days

I honestly have not seen a liberal defend this

18. brownsmith76

brownsmith76 Blue Belt

Here are suicide nets at an Apple factory in China. Do you think an American corporation bears some responsibility? Do you want to improve working conditions for people in China who make your iphone? Do you want to give them healthcare? Do you want to give them overtime pay? Why do you think that communists don't have to be criticized?

If you want "social justice" only for Americans and not for the billions of people around the world, then you may be a leftist hypocrite.

19. Richie Madano

Richie Madano Green Belt

WOW is probably one of, if not the most successful game created in history. But then I guess you used the word “good” in a subjective manner.

And I believe they just gained millions of subscriptions from re-releasing the 15 year old version of the game.

20. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Yeah the Globalists and Neoliberals thought that welcoming China into the Western economy would transalte to China transitioning to a liberal and tolerant society, one where international trade would temper any Nationalist warmongering and bullying. They really fcuked up in their assumptions, kinda like how the Neoconservatives thought by deposing Saddam the Iraqis would welcome us with open arms and Iraq would transition quickly to a pro Western liberal democracy.

A wealthier and more open economy does not mean a more tolerant society, one only has to look at the UAE, where despite all trappings of a wealthy 1st world society, they still engage in indentured servitude / slavery. What the Gulf Arabs and Chinese always had in mind is exploiting access to the West but retaining their tribal and nationalistic agenda.

Gunny and Cubo de Sangre like this.