International Blizzard games accused of blocking people from deleting accounts. Sounds illegal.

Why would anyone want to delete their Blizzard accounts? There will be a Diablo IV in about 10 years...just be patient.
When they announced a new Diablo I was so happy then BAM they said it was a mobile game and I just shook my head in disgust.

Blizzard boss says it's still 'a PC developer first'. If this true then why the fuck did they decide to make Diablo Immortal a mobile game that the whole community truly despises. The reveal for the game told us just how much everyone hated it with one fan even asking if this was an April Fool's Joke. I hope Blizzard collapses and goes the way of the Dodo bird

I don't know because I keep mine around for a few reasons. But I remember a friend who fully quit Facebook complaining that he couldn't truly delete it

The "oh shit, I regret that" couple weeks option is fair tho as long as it does fully go away after 2 weeks
Facebook gives you 30 days from the date of deactivating your account until it ends up fully deleting your account. You can also set it to just deactivate the account but not delete it so you can always activate it later on.

Facebook gives you 30 days from the date of deactivating your account until it ends up fully deleting your account. You can also set it to just deactivate the account but not delete it so you can always activate it later on.

Ah. Maybe the later was all he found

The fact that you have to provide a government id so you could delete your account is terrifying.

The fact that you have to provide a government id so you could delete your account is terrifying.
That is insane. The only time I had issues with removing an account was when I decided to get rid of AOL since I went to Cable internet. Fuckers kept giving me the run around, passing me off to different departments and even offering to send me a free "optimized" 56K modem that would give me near cable speeds. I was like sure send me said modem knowing full well it was just the same 56k modem I already had in my tower at the time. I was able to finally cancel my account.

Is this a "China" thing? Or do they not accept political speech of any kind? Were (edit) someone to say "build the wall" or "maga" or "we are all immigrants" would they get fined and banned as well?

As far as not allowing account deletion, go on their servers or chats and let your opinion be heard. Let it backfire...

Last edited:
I agree 100% China is going full in here. They should have waited 20 years to do all this stuff. As they aren't powerful enough to say F it and do it anyhow. This will push away investment and cooperation.
Heck I've seen a whole lot of the toys and junk I buy coming from India, Indonesia and the sort. This is only going to accelerate that
Yeah, only America gets away this shit!
8kkblh0wxqr31.jpg

These companies that pretended to be so "Woke" in the past have exposed themselves as simply pandering to the mobs for $. They have no heart or soul if they are supporting China.

China is really showing its fascist hand lately. The more Western companies and governments cave-in the more the CCP will engage in bullying.

I remember twenty years ago all the talk was that liberalizing the Chinese economy with more open trade relationships would help liberalize their politics. Instead, they are exporting their authoritarianism to us. It's not just Blizzard. It's Apple. It's the NBA. These major US companies selling out badly.

Yeah, only America gets away this shit!
8kkblh0wxqr31.jpg

The obvious differences your meme tries to paper over is that in the US, the broad brush arguments are millions of people who agree, disagree, and sort of agree all with their own individual opinions on what they want out of different media. On the other side you have explicit and rigid government censorship. Serious question, do you really not see why such a difference is important?

The obvious differences your meme tries to paper over is that in the US, the broad brush arguments are millions of people who agree, disagree, and sort of agree all with their own individual opinions on what they want out of different media. On the other side you have explicit and rigid government censorship. Serious question, do you really not see why such a difference is important?
The meme is pointing out the people most vocally voicing the opinions on the left column are often the same ones parroting the opinions on the right column. With zero sense of the irony when they do. China is a totalitarian regime. We are supposedly not. Yet bootlickers often seem to wish it were.

The meme is pointing out the people most vocally voicing the opinions on the left column are often the same ones parroting the opinions on the right column. With zero sense of the irony when they do. China is a totalitarian regime. We are supposedly not. Yet bootlickers often seem to wish it were.

So let me repeat my question: do you not see the substantial differences between the two? Do you really think it is the same for the government to forbid any discussion of certain political issues and for sports fans to complain that they don't want to hear who to vote for on Sportscenter?

I remember twenty years ago all the talk was that liberalizing the Chinese economy with more open trade relationships would help liberalize their politics. Instead, they are exporting their authoritarianism to us. It's not just Blizzard. It's Apple. It's the NBA. These major US companies selling out badly.

^^^^ THIS X 1,000 - Nice post.

That is exactly correct. Instead of them becoming more open to human rights, they abused the gift they were given. Now that they have advantages they are taking their abuse worldwide, and these companies that accept it are disgusting. Nike, NBA, Apple, Google, these are not progressive companies about the human condition. These are money grubbing profit seeking bastards that will abuse human beings if it means more $$$. Disgusted. American companies, any companies doing this should be penalized by the rest of the world.

If you’re over the age of 12 and play video games you deserve to have your Identity stolen.

So let me repeat my question: do you not see the substantial differences between the two? Do you really think it is the same for the government to forbid any discussion of certain political issues and for sports fans to complain that they don't want to hear who to vote for on Sportscenter?
Do you not see this is a criticism of the dorks pretending to argue on behalf of HK while hypocritically ignoring the same actions by both the public mobs and the state right here in the US? It's not an attempt to equate the degree of tyranny between China and the US. China's censorship is too heavy-handed to work here. No, it's a more subtle massaging of ideas through social media here.

^^^^ THIS X 1,000 - Nice post.

That is exactly correct. Instead of them becoming more open to human rights, they abused the gift they were given. Now that they have advantages they are taking their abuse worldwide, and these companies that accept it are disgusting. Nike, NBA, Apple, Google, these are not progressive companies about the human condition. These are money grubbing profit seeking bastards that will abuse human beings if it means more $$$. Disgusted. American companies, any companies doing this should be penalized by the rest of the world.
Who has ever claimed that Nike, NBA, Apple and Google are progressive companies that give a shit about the human condition? No corporation is, nor can it ever be as it is currently defined. "Wokeness" has been commodified and sold, rendering it meaningless.

Leftists are hypocrites.

They push "social justice" by kneeling in front of the American flag, but we have a real Chinese dictator right here who kills people, oppresses minorities like Uighurs and Tibetans, and even censors Winnie-the-Pooh.

These are real, in-your-face actions, and leftists become silent all of a sudden. Shame on you people.

Back