International Blizzard games accused of blocking people from deleting accounts. Sounds illegal.

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Blizzard accused of blocking gamers from deleting accounts

“So now Blizzard have disabled ALL FOUR authentication methods to actively stop people from deleting their accounts. This is beyond disgusting. Spread awareness of this. #BoycottBlizzard,” @Espsilverfire2 tweeted.

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/blizzard-hong-kong/?amp

Can anyone verify this?

This seems very illegal if true.

Fuck the Communist Chinese government!

And fuck Blizzard!

Discuss........

That's shitty of Blizzard if true. People should always be able to delete their online accounts.

Deactivate vs delete - know the difference before signing for any subscribtion based model. Especially online

Why would anyone want to delete their Blizzard accounts? There will be a Diablo IV in about 10 years...just be patient.

This whole situation is golden, 5% of Blizzard is owned by Tencent the biggest Chinese game developer but 40% of Epic is owned by them and they said they won't ban players for political speech.

Playing vidya games?

<{clintugh}>

Go learn something.

PS. Fuck China too.

Why would anyone want to delete their Blizzard accounts? There will be a Diablo IV in about 10 years...just be patient.

On a serious note: Blizzard wants to nip in the bud any viral attempt at showing displeasure for Blizzard kowtowing to the PRC. If the movement goes viral, that is a huge problem/loss for Blizzard.

I haven't been on Blizzard in years, since my DOTA and Warcraft 3 days.

Who cares? Just unsubscribe and stop logging in. This affects your life in no way.

Hahaha! This got me, thanks for that!

Funny enough, when doing a web search for Diablo 4, engine returns Diablo 3 results..."stop clogging up our search mainframes with this BS and just play the game y'all cried for for 11 years, nerds!" <Lmaoo>
Screenshot_20191010-135057_1.jpg

On a serious note: Blizzard wants to nip in the bud any viral attempt at showing displeasure for Blizzard kowtowing to the PRC. If the movement goes viral, that is a huge problem/loss for Blizzard.

I've wasted years of my life playing the frozen throne. GOAT game imo (if you don't count Diablo 2).

Chianti is playing it's hand too hard. This is just showing what a sensitive beast the country is. It can't unilaterally make it slows and rules be enforced overseas. By doing so it shows things like free HK make it nervous. And companies like blizzard and the NBA are falling over themselves to suck that China D, it's shameful and they should be made to pay via the people boycotting

What the fuck?

After looking this up (not a gamer, so I didn't know what Blizzard was), sanctioning and fining that guy for supporting Hong Kong is incredibly out of line.

It's weird, though, that this is the one liberatory cause that American conservatives apparently care about after hair flipping at every other oppressed group seeking liberation in modern history, from the Jews in the 1930s-40s, to Palestinians since the creation of Israel, to colonial Africa, to Cuba, etc.

You dont care that China is exerting direct and obvious influence over American companies?

That's misleading and/or outright incorrect. There's a difference between directly asserting control and a company kowtowing to your interests because they want your business.

Back