Blizzard/Activision, how far will they fall?

KaNesDeath

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Stock is down 45% in two months. They just gutted Heroes of the Storm development team moving them to other IP's along with ending all esport support for it. In their quarterly investor call meeting Destiny2 was placed equally to HoTS as under-performing. WoW is still bleeding subscribers to the point of the WoW store earns them more money. With Overwatch and Hearthstone being reported as only profitable because of their micro-transactions. Ending finally with the elephant in the room of backlash from the Diablo Immortal announcement.

Whats the next shoe to drop?

Ask Michael Pacter we are not financial forecasters here. I thought Activision had a lot of capital?

Immortal backlash is what hurt them. They are 2nd place to Rockstar when it comes to microtransactions too. They will be fine.

Ask Michael Pacter we are not financial forecasters here. I thought Activision had a lot of capital?

Immortal backlash is what hurt them. They are 2nd place to Rockstar when it comes to microtransactions too. They will be fine.

Activision still made a ton of money this year just not as much as was expected.

Activision still made a ton of money this year just not as much as was expected.

For 2019 they have three game titles scheduled for release. All three are reskins that will be re-released; Diablo Immortals, Vanilla WoW and Warcraft3.

All of Blizzards income right now is structured around micro-transactions. A harping point on EA from the gaming community is now slowly being applied to Blizzard.

WoW just saw their first big content patch since BfA release. At the same time Blizzard released a new mount to their store for $25.

For 2019 they have three game titles scheduled for release. All three are reskins that will be re-released; Diablo Immortals, Vanilla WoW and Warcraft3.

All of Blizzards income right now is structured around micro-transactions. A harping point on EA from the gaming community is now slowly being applied to Blizzard.

WoW just saw their first big content patch since BfA release. At the same time Blizzard released a new mount to their store for $25.

Wow cool

Weird it’s like people want them to make a new game already

BLOPS4 seems decent I would assume it's sales will carry them awhile.

I'd get a bit of glee from seeing them collapse, I'm still bitter about Diablo 3, but I also love Overwatch, and I have Path of Exile salving my wounds. If Immortal is a hit overseas then they'll be alright, if it flops then the klaxons will start. I really don't think the Warcraft 3 remaster will do much for sales, the people who were really into it are probably old and bad at RTS' now like me.

Blizzard haven't made a decent game since WC3. They don't have the talent anymore.

They pulled the plug on Heroes of the Storm. The "athletes" were all upset as it disrupts their livelihood. I'm kinda siding with Blizzard here.

I’d probably be playing WoW if I could.. but they removed true full screen and have been nothing but silent about it. There’s a long thread about it on their forums too.

It’s 2018 and I’m not playing an old ass game at a suboptimal level. A game I've played since beta and spent plenty of money on.

They shit on my loyalty and all that and now I won’t buy any more of their shit, in any of their games.

Can't play retail WoW anymore. It's just too bad.

I'm playing Classic WoW on private servers

They pulled the plug on Heroes of the Storm. The "athletes" were all upset as it disrupts their livelihood. I'm kinda siding with Blizzard here.

I dont like that guys channel all he does is bitch and cry, although EA does deserve all the criticism its getting.

It will likely keep falling until they do something different.

Back