Blessed took a bigger beating than Porier but coming back sooner.

Frannkie can crack. His fight with Mendes showed that. Also who knows how well Max recovered? He took an absolute beating in his last fight and absorbed hundreds of punches to the head.

One good shot from Frankie could scramble Max's already injured brain. We will see how it plays outs but those not giving Edgar a chance are silly. He has a great style to fight Max. Boxing angles, endurance and work rate with good wrestling to keep Max honest.

I give Frankie a 40% of winning when you consider all of the factors.
Frankie also got Ko'd in his last fight to a guy Max completely outclassed.

Frannkie can crack. His fight with Mendes showed that. Also who knows how well Max recovered? He took an absolute beating in his last fight and absorbed hundreds of punches to the head.

One good shot from Frankie could scramble Max's already injured brain. We will see how it plays outs but those not giving Edgar a chance are silly. He has a great style to fight Max. Boxing angles, endurance and work rate with good wrestling to keep Max honest.

I give Frankie a 40% of winning when you consider all of the factors.

Frankie doesn’t finish a lot of fights. I can’t remember the last time he kod or stopped anybody.

Frankie’s strengths play right into Max’s game.

Frankie will need to wrestle if he wants
To win this fight.

Frankie doesn’t finish a lot of fights. I can’t remember the last time he kod or stopped anybody.

Frankie’s strengths play right into Max’s game.

Frankie will need to wrestle if he wants
To win this fight.

I agree I just think it's silly to act like Frankie with all of his skill and experience has no chance of hurting someone. Especially Max who's brain may still be scrambled from his war with Dustin Porier.

Do you think Max is coming back too soon? Usually the guy who wins comes back sooner because he is the one who seemingly took less damage. Their fight was obviously a war but its crazy to me that Max is coming back sooner than Porier. Do you think Max was able to heal up well enough for his fight with Edgar or is he coming back too soon?
Umm, you know that Poirier is taking more time off (indirectly) because of a) Ramadan and b) UAE event, right?

If Khabib had wanted to fight in June, Poirier would have fought in June.

That being said, I’m sure he’s happy for the break after his last 4 or 5 fights.

Holloway took a year (almost) off he’s ready to fight back to back to back

I agree I just think it's silly to act like Frankie with all of his skill and experience has no chance of hurting someone. Especially Max who's brain may still be scrambled from his war with Dustin Porier.

I hear ya. But look at some of the beatings Frankie took.

I’m not huge fans of either guy. I think Frankie is passed it by now but that doesn’t mean he is.

I don't think he took that much of a beating, Poirier bullied him in the cage but didnt land a ton of clean shots, its not like he was on rollerskates for half the fight like Yoel/Whittaker 2, thats the kind of beating you gotta take time off for.

Could be bad - a beating like that combined with coming down in weight again when you're a pretty big guy for 145lbs.

I expect him to win but would not be surprised if Frankie pulled it off.

Back