Blessed took a bigger beating than Porier but coming back sooner.

Max got hurt several times against Poirier, and that was at 155 lbs. It was also a prolonged beating that might’ve changed his career permanently.

I like Frankie, but lets be real, this is an easy win for max. Frankie is not known for his punching power.

Out of his last 4 fights half of them have been via TKO, against Mendes and Yair aswell, not as if they were cans.

He defended once in 2018 and this is the first one, and possibly only one defense, of 2019. So, if anything, he should have come back sooner.

Do you think Max is coming back too soon? Usually the guy who wins comes back sooner because he is the one who seemingly took less damage. Their fight was obviously a war but its crazy to me that Max is coming back sooner than Porier. Do you think Max was able to heal up well enough for his fight with Edgar or is he coming back too soon?

Poirier was waiting on Khabib, it’s not that he hasn’t been able to fight?

Max cant KO Frankie if he cant touch him

Edgar via speed/head movement + takedowns

Do you think Max is coming back too soon? Usually the guy who wins comes back sooner because he is the one who seemingly took less damage. Their fight was obviously a war but its crazy to me that Max is coming back sooner than Porier. Do you think Max was able to heal up well enough for his fight with Edgar or is he coming back too soon?
This is in no way a gimme fight for Max, Frankie can very well take him down and cave his skull in at any moment in the fight, in any round regardless of Max's pace. Frankie is a legit threat for Max regardless of who wins. And no, I don't think Max is coming back too soon, because if Frankie wins this fight, it will definitely not be a KO standing, most likely a decision via grapplefuck or technical KO stoppage on the ground, so Max's chin should be fine.

It's not like Frankie gonna KO him

Or is he........?

We'll find out saturday. Personally I think him vs Edgar is a huge mismatch so he should be fine.
Yeah, I was going to make some cheddar on this match but turns out the bookies realize how big of a mismatch it is, so I think I'm not going to touch it.

This is silly. Team should be more concerned about keeping Holloway s weight down so he doesnt have to cut 30 pounds in fight week as a feather otherwise main event will be canceled.
Edgar has slim to zero chance in beating a HEALTHY Max.

This is gonna sound awful, and really, a guy that has the heart of Edgar doesn't deserve to have this said abut him.

But

IMO, Max could beat a fresh off a perfect camp Edgar, on the same night he beat Ortega within an hour of the Ortega fight finishing.

If Aldo couldn't get inside in 2 fights with a longer reach and good leg kicks.... Circa 3 inches in reach difference with these two ...I believe it will be ugly as fuck.

The only reason Holloway is fighting sooner than Poirier is because Dustin has to wait for the end of Khabib's suspension.
Yeah...

Because it's a fuck of a harder fight ... You don't the time to prepare for Frankie Edgar as you do Khabib... I think that's pretty obvious.

Max cant KO Frankie if he cant touch him

Edgar via speed/head movement + takedowns

Frankie moves a lot... but I wouldn't describe him as a fighter that is hard to hit.

The takedowns could really do the trick if he hits a couple early and makes Max focus on defending them.

If that happens.... Frankie via Carbo loading.

Vz7C3ss.jpg

I think he's way too big and long for Frankie + Edgar has been in his share of wars and is older

Btw i watched Holloway/Porier a few times now.. it was closer on 2nd and 3rd viewings it's not an unwinable fight for Max by any means

simply a function of what made sense from a scheduling standpoint with their respective opponents.

Max is pretty durable, 1 tough fight isn't going to have him falling apart all of a sudden besides, Frankie isn't exactly a power puncher at all

The time Max has had off I think is good enough. He should be ready to do what he does at the level he typically does it. Dustin could've been fighting long ago but had to wait.

Im surprised people are writing edgar so easily off..

Back