Media Blessed meets Aquaman

i remember as a kid aquaman used to be a joke superhero who everyone made fun of

I haven't liked anything that Momoa has been in besides GoT.
Yeah he was in a really really bad movie called The Bad Batch. Couldn't finish it.

As some have said pretty much most big roles for male actors in big movies they will cycle on it. Chris Hemsworth is def doing that for Thor. His mates with Matt Damon so wouldn't be surprised if they train together. My mate saw Damon and reckons he was huge getting ready for Bourne.

I'll agree that his acting is serviceable, but I would disagree and say that what keeps Momoa headlining things is the fact that his look is anything but generic.

Generic interchangeable leading man types like, I dunno, Josh Duhamel and Jai Courtney are forgettable. I would say Momoa has a unique and memorable presence.

I didn't mean his look is generic, more so his personality, but I do agree. People like Jai Courtney who are good looking but have the personality of a fucking potato are the worse. But in a similar sense, Jason Momoa is the generic good looking charming guy, and while Jason Momoa's personality and presence is nice to see, it's not unique.

That's not a knock on the guy, but for one Jason Momoa, there's dozens like him not shown in media and television, hell you could find probably 10 guys in every college with the personality of Jason Momoa, they're just not on TV. He has a memorable presence I agree, but it's not unique. He's the good looking guy, who knows he's a good looking guy, and acts like a goof, again, not a knock, but he is generic in that sense. He's just had the most success because for the time we've had to endure the Jai Courtney's of the world, and he seems like a breath of fresh air.

I like Jason Momoa, I think he's a cool guy, and as an aspiring Actor, can't really knock the guy, but I'd be lying to myself if I told myself he's the first guy Hollywood's had, that's like the way he is.

I know for certain that Thor actor be on pricey designer peds, OK I shouldn't say for certain I know a guy who knows a guy who has a source.
Who's your source bro?

Anyway, Zac Efron was another one who was on shitloads of gear when he did baywatch, his body looked insane.

I didn't mean his look is generic, more so his personality, but I do agree. People like Jai Courtney who are good looking but have the personality of a fucking potato are the worse. But in a similar sense, Jason Momoa is the generic good looking charming guy, and while Jason Momoa's personality and presence is nice to see, it's not unique.

I think I'd still disagree with the statement that his good looks are generic. Aside from his physique which exceeds "in good shape Hollywood guy" he has something of an ethnic look which is made more unique still by his heavily bearded barbaric look. Generic central casting leading guy wouldn't be so cut out for Khal Drogo or the look Momoa brings to Aquaman, a look that flies completely against the image the public has when they think of Aquaman (until now).

When Momoa shaves off the beard he can be more of a generic forgettable guy. He was terrible as Conan. It was like watching a frat boy get sent back in time for Bill and Ted's Barbarian Adventure. But I think Momoa has become pretty synonymous with the Khal Drogo look.

I think I'd still disagree with the statement that his good looks are generic. Aside from his physique which exceeds "in good shape Hollywood guy" he has something of an ethnic look which is made more unique still by his heavily bearded barbaric look. Generic central casting leading guy wouldn't be so cut out for Khal Drogo or the look Momoa brings to Aquaman, a look that flies completely against the image the public has when they think of Aquaman (until now).

When Momoa shaves off the beard he can be more of a generic forgettable guy. He was terrible as Conan. It was like watching a frat boy get sent back in time for Bill and Ted's Barbarian Adventure. But I think Momoa has become pretty synonymous with the Khal Drogo look.

Agreed one hundred percent, He's most definitely forever tied to the image of Khal Drogo for better or for worse, and that will likely remain his "Look" as an Actor, but again I'm not saying his look is generic, more so his personality. I agree that he does move the needle and has made some waves within the Industry with what god's gave him, but saying when he shaves his beard makes him forgettable kind of plays into my point.

No beard, and he's forgettable, but he's smart, and he knows this, so his personality while not new, appears fresh because of the look. The beard is the game changer for him, I agree, and his career lasting image as an Actor will be tied to Khal Drogo, for better or for worse.

He does have a memorable presence, but as you've stated, the look plays a large part into it, not so much his personality.

Last edited:
Agreed one hundred percent, He's most definitely forever tied to the image of Khal Drogo for better or for worse, and that will likely remain his "Look" as an Actor, but again I'm not saying his look is generic, more so his personality. I agree that he does move the needle and has made some waves within the Industry with what god's gave him, but saying when he shaves his beard makes him forgettable kind of plays into my point.

No beard, and he's forgettable, but he's smart, and he knows this, so his personality while not new, appears fresh because of the look. The beard is the game changer for him, I agree, and his career lasting image of an Actor will be tied to Khal Drogo, for better or for worse.

He does have a memorable presence, but as you've stated, the look plays a large part into it, not so much his personality.

I'd agree mostly again, but just as he has zeroed in on his look with the beard, I think he has also moved his personality on screen consistently into the gruff, stoic and imposing realm. I think we see less of what failed with Conan, which I guess I would call more of an attempt at fun and charming.

I'd say it's kind of like how Sylvester Stallone experimented with loud or funny characters like in Paradise Alley or Rhinestone right after Rocky, but settled back into stoic, sympathetic underdogs by 1982 and onward (Rocky 3, First Blood, Over the Top, Lock Up).

Adam_Drogo_1120_Getty.jpg
There is one Drogo in Hollywood, and another controlling the paint in Oklahoma. They should honestly team up as brothers in a dumb barbarian buddy comedy or something.

I'd agree mostly again, but just as he has zeroed in on his look with the beard, I think he has also moved his personality on screen consistently into the gruff, stoic and imposing realm. I think we see less of what failed with Conan, which I guess I would call more of an attempt at fun and charming.

I'd say it's kind of like how Sylvester Stallone experimented with loud or funny characters like in Paradise Alley or Rhinestone right after Rocky, but settled back into stoic, sympathetic underdogs by 1982 and onward (Rocky 3, First Blood, Over the Top, Lock Up).

Not gonna lie, I have yet to see Aquaman, and the Trailer that I saw did not do him justice, it kinda portrayed him as an aloof character, and I was like "Here we go, the good looking goof", so I'm not going to disagree with that point as I've not seen the movie, but at the same time, I do agree, and I'd like to see him in more of the roles you mentioned. The handsome goof just doesn't really work for him in my opinion, and his presence as an Actor really shines when he's the vicious savage willing to rip your throat out, not the guy who's going to charm a girls pants off acting like a child.

When I see Aquaman, hopefully I do see more of what you've described because outside of GoT all I've seen is him in is Justice League, and while I enjoyed his parts, I wasn't too thrilled

Hopefully I can be proven wrong, and my opinion of him as an Actor will be more positive than it was before, because I genuinely enjoyed him as Drogo, so to see whoever directed Justice Leauge make Aquaman more of a goof, was mind boggling to say the least, when GoT literally just helped him tap into his market as an Actor. A BAD MOTHER FUCKER.

Momoa has to be one of the few Hollywood "big" guys that is actually 6ft tall. Totally mirin.. the guy looks alpha as fuck.

Who's your source bro?

Anyway, Zac Efron was another one who was on shitloads of gear when he did baywatch, his body looked insane.

I myself have no source as I said in the post I know guy, who know a guy, who's his source? They all do acting if that's any help, although my buddy never risen above thug #3 in credits and speaking part in a Home Depot commercial.

Back