Blagoi Ivanov Fight History Info Funny Facts

arleyramos

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Did you guys ever noticied 2 fights METHOD/REFEREE of Ivanov?

He won Ricco Rodrigues by Retirement lol and has a NC because the ring broke.

Never saw something like this. "By retirement??!?"

AnyoneAnyone has the video of that fight against Ilir Latifi, when the ring broke?

sherdog.jpg

True, I thought the fighter had legit retired the first time I read it on someones record.

Also these type of finishes are pretty common in MMA.

Yeah, I thought they were common knowledge as a result. Ken Shamrock infamously quit on the stool against Fujita because he was too tired, in a fight he was winning. I'll give Arley the benefit of the doubt for the language barrier.

Yeah, I thought they were common knowledge as a result. Ken Shamrock famously quit against Fujita because he was too tired, in a fight he was winning. I'll give Arley the benefit of the doubt for the language barrier.

He didn't even make the stool, he was yelling at his corner to throw in the towel. Apparently he was having heart palpitations or something. It sucked, because that was the best Ken had looked in years and Fujita had defeated Kerr two fights before.

I do want to see the ring break though, that sounds hilarious. Worst method of NC I've seen is the official not locking the cage door correctly with Irvin and Southworth fighting. I think we they fell out Irvin messed up his knee.

Also these type of finishes are pretty common in MMA.

yeah, they are. i seem to think of leben (vs. hall) and bj (vs. gsp) as both losing by retirement, but both are listed as "corner stoppage."

it's either a difference of how local ACs interpret the TKO or perhaps whether the ref hears directly from the fighter or the cornerman.

He didn't even make the stool, he was yelling at his corner to throw in the towel. Apparently he was having heart palpitations or something. It sucked, because that was the best Ken had looked in years and Fujita had defeated Kerr two fights before.

I guess it's not technically listed as retirement, but it's kind of semantics.

I remember Camoes vs. Anderson early in their careers was listed as a retirement for Fabricio, in a fight which I'm not sure had round breaks or a time limit. It must have happened all the time under those circumstances. You could hardly blame them. There's only so long you can go.

Yeah, I thought they were common knowledge as a result. Ken Shamrock infamously quit on the stool against Fujita because he was too tired, in a fight he was winning. I'll give Arley the benefit of the doubt for the language barrier.

Dkn about the language barrier. I got your point... but retirement means another stuff in english as well, or i am wrong?

well... i still think that

I guess it's not technically listed as retirement, but it's kind of semantics.

I remember Camoes vs. Anderson early in their careers was listed as a retirement for Fabricio, in a fight which I'm not sure had round breaks or a time limit. It must have happened all the time under those circumstances. You could hardly blame them. There's only so long you can go.

Yeah, it really was a different game back then. I mean, there was the style vs style clash, the level of athleticism (or lack thereof), and the different rule / round set. Submission via exhaustion or even position were not an uncommon occurrence in these bouts because a lot of guys either didn't have a ground game, didn't have the gas to keep pushing, or the round just never ended so they had to get crushed for 10+ minutes while eating a couple hundred punches to the ribs.

And on the ken fight, he didn

i think the tko(retirement) should only be used when a fighter can't answer the bell for the next round and then retires after the fight. like hall vs leben.

Sorry for the bump, but I finally found a vid from the fight between Ilir and Blagoi, and it's pretty damn funny. However I don't know how legit of a site it's on, so I'll remove it if necesary.

Back