Blackburn Crouch=dope

Like I said , at least pretend your prospective opponent has some skill.

So should i assume that Nick Diaz have a killer high kick now? Being more realistic about your level of opposition and the overall skill level of the sports is much better than just cop-out about "anything" can happen.

So should i assume that Nick Diaz have a killer high kick now? Being more realistic about your level of opposition and the overall skill level of the sports is much better than just cop-out about "anything" can happen.

Flawed logic with anecdotal evidence and honestly can't see a reason for arguing against good head kick defence when they're a real threat in mma. With that mentality u'll never reach anyone close to the diaz bros as ull have bern headkicked to shit by low level fighters.

U shudnt disrespect a headkick after ur kk sparring.

I just merely saying that with MMA context getting the hell out of the way of a kick is enough. It is not kickboxing where headkicks are much more prevelent. As for the KK sparring, it was in their territory, and i don't train enough to see those almost competition level headkick coming.

How is that not true? Once you know what to look for, a high kick is much easier to see coming than a punch. Moves in a wide arc over a very long distance. The longest distance that any strike has to travel, in fact.

Flawed logic with anecdotal evidence and honestly can't see a reason for arguing against good head kick defence when they're a real threat in mma. With that mentality u'll never reach anyone close to the diaz bros as ull have bern headkicked to shit by low level fighters.

U shudnt disrespect a headkick after ur kk sparring.

You just gained 1000 xp.

I just merely saying that with MMA context getting the hell out of the way of a kick is enough. It is not kickboxing where headkicks are much more prevelent. As for the KK sparring, it was in their territory, and i don't train enough to see those almost competition level headkick coming.

You're oh so very arrogant, i know a lot of local level mma athletes and most of em can whip out a headkick like that of ur kk buddy but with thai tech. Many mma athletes are standup champs in diff arts prior to commiting to mma. Very much so outside of the US where they have a grappling tradition.

What u fellas are forgetting is that headkicks come in combinations, and I doubt ur a grappling wizard that can prevent a fight being standup like gsp. So if ur str is standup, fuckin respect ur opponents possible ability to throw a hk at the level of the kk dude.

Last edited:
How is that not true? Once you know what to look for, a high kick is much easier to see coming than a punch. Moves in a wide arc over a very long distance. The longest distance that any strike has to travel, in fact.

If only fighting in the ring always followed the dictum of theory........we'd never have to leave home.

You're oh so very arrogant, i know a lot of local level mma athletes and most of em can whip out a headkick like that of ur kk buddy but with thai tech. Many mma athletes are standup champs in diff arts prior to commiting to mma. Very much so outside of the US where they have a grappling tradition.

What u fellas are forgetting is that headkicks come in combinations, and I doubt ur a grappling wizard that can prevent a fight being standup like gsp. So if ur str is standup, fuckin respect ur opponents possible ability to throw a hk at the level of the kk dude.

Why the hell does everybody resort to the "arrogant" rebuttal one way or another when someone else have a different idea? And i never said that i dont respect the headkick either. Isn't evading, using range and footworks to not get hit by a headkick is a viable option as well? What the hell?

If only fighting in the ring always followed the dictum of theory........we'd never have to leave home.

Bud, I do train. I've had head kicks thrown at me. As long as you don't spend your whole round looking at the guy's face, you'll see that shit coming if you're watching for it and control the range.

Why the hell does everybody resort to the "arrogant" rebuttal one way or another when someone else have a different idea? And i never said that i dont respect the headkick either. Isn't evading, using range and footworks to not get hit by a headkick is a viable option as well? What the hell?

Because you are very arrogant, usually arrogant people don't know it themselves.

It's like me saying I don't need to know how to slip a cross because my superior footpositioning will never let me get hit by a cross.
In that statement I'm assumin that I'll always have superior footpositioning than ANY of my opponents during all moments of a fight.

Your statement is the same but about hk defence, it's an arrogant mentality to think that ull always have superior footpositioning and time to envade a hk like my statement about the cross is arrogant. You just don't want to alter anything in order to maintain ur stance that makes u this beautiful special butterfly. Ure a fighter not a butterfly, use every advantage for urself and sont be arrogant in thinkin that I'm soo much better at x thing than wveryone else so why learn y?

It's a big world with shit ton of people better at x than u.

Why can't you just... raise your hand to block? Why does it have to be up already? I don't get it.

Bud, I do train. I've had head kicks thrown at me. As long as you don't spend your whole round looking at the guy's face, you'll see that shit coming if you're watching for it and control the range.

And yet countless amateurs n pros have been KOed by this .
Maybe they didn't know this grand secret ?

Answer me this , those head kicks you've been bodyrocking to , have they been thrown by competent athletes looking to actually hurt you ?
And I don't mean in a TMA environment.

Last edited:
Why can't you just... raise your hand to block? Why does it have to be up already? I don't get it.

Wht hes saying is to never have it up brcause evasion and footpositioning will do it for him.

And even then the kik that will ko u is the one u never see or do t have time to react to. Havibg his hand slighlty higher would help him to react.

Geezus, are we bringing back the "i want to use this stance to be special?" shit? Apparently someone missed my high kick discussion with Discipulus in that thread where it is agree that in a scenario where kicking is involved, having your hands to block is not a bad idea. But it is not the most optimal imo either. And never once in this thread where i mention about my "superior" positioning or even "footpositioning" either. I was only expressing my view that in MMA using footworks (that's altogether different from "footpositioning") and evasion, and trained/being mindful about it is more than enough because this is not kickboxing where high kicks are more prominent to the point of needing to mix up your headkick defense and fighters have to worry about more prominent threats like low kicks or takedown.

Please, try to think me as someone who like to put his opinions in instead of sticking to the whole "you are 6 months fucker so your opinions are arrogant". Yesh, like i cant do my own research outside up my view and come up with my own conclusions.

For Arni's footage, it is at a thread called "Training of a Viking". The last few pages should have the footage of his recent MMA fight.

As for me, it is somewhere deep in my huge training thread. In the middle, i think.

Wow cant believe this thread went that far

Anyways Nuke, your on the right track using footwork and positioning to defend hk, but its not gonna work all the time, you WILL get caught eventually... you need a backup plan, fading kicks is hard even for thais... so I'd say a compromise, since ur southpaw ur
really open to rear hk, so rear
hand glued to the chin and lead
hand low to defend takedowns
would do the trick imo

Also think ur stance should be fluid depending on ur opponent

You guys sound like women arguing over designer shoes. If someone's opinion is different yet functional, who gives a shit how it looks to you?

And Im speaking to BOTH sides of the argument, not just one.

You can't always duck / sway from one.
At least pretend that your opponent has some skill.

I'm not sure I understand the second part of your argument. Someone says "well, you don't have to worry about head kicks because you can just bring your hands over and block". I'm saying that's a terrible idea. Even if you can't evade every one, which is understandable, it should be your ultimate goal. I've personally seen people stopped after a couple of blocked head kicks. With a powerful kicker, hands are going to offer up very little protection.

I guess I don't understand much of this thread. It doesn't even seem like a reasonable discussion at this point. Everyone's gone all Payak on each other.

Wow cant believe this thread went that far

Anyways Nuke, your on the right track using footwork and positioning to defend hk, but its not gonna work all the time, you WILL get caught eventually... you need a backup plan, fading kicks is hard even for thais... so I'd say a compromise, since ur southpaw ur
really open to rear hk, so rear
hand glued to the chin and lead
hand low to defend takedowns
would do the trick imo

Also think ur stance should be fluid depending on ur opponent

I just prefer to be proactive in my defense instead of being reactive. Of course, sometimes being reactive HELP, but i'd like to rely less on it as much as i could.

You guys sound like women arguing over designer shoes. If someone's opinion is different yet functional, who gives a shit how it looks to you?

And Im speaking to BOTH sides of the argument, not just one.

Internet is serious business :icon_lol:

Back