Black people/communities in America

You are really making yourself look like an ass. Pan is one of the most fairminded, logical and rational posters on the boards. He has given evonomic and historical reasons, whereas you have given very little actual info or facts and a lot of attitude/sarcasm.

What do you want everyone to say? Them damn darkies bring everything on themselves!!!!!

I would respectfully answer that by saying... Get off pans nuts.

Pray tell, what "history" disproves pan's post? I know our history in this country pretty well, and im not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

You're more likely to see a liberal saying that given that the subtext is that we got massively fucked over. Getting a conservative to acknowledge our nasty history with institutional discrimination is like finding a unicorn that shits out gold these days.

The history of European world trade. And you are very right.

I've been debating lawyer expecting to get truthful unbiased replies lol. A tea party conservative at that. Like many people.. I never had a chance lol!

Yes, the language barrier is a big part of the reason so many Asian Americans operate successful businesses in predominantly black neighborhoods. I mean, where else can a Thai speaking black woman go when she needs her nails done??

What generation is opening up shops in black neighborhoods?

My dad sold his deli in 2004 to Chinese that were right off the boat who had money from from China to buy the business. They went out of business in 2 years because they didn't know how to run a business in a poor neighborhood.

Conservative interest place the interest of the "people" at the bottom of the priorities list. And they place corporate interest at the top. Because they understand corporate interest basically rules the world. Instead of "disagreeing" or fighting for wealth equality they push the conservative platform in hopes of confusing possibly converting these lost people to the "dark side" both liberals and conservatives are controlled by corporate interest.... It's just the right wing tea party types are more extreme in their views. Mexicans and most other central or southern american Spanish speaking people have slavery in their roots as well... I say that because knowingly being a part of the system is an acceptance of the continued European domination of world trade.

As a conservative,let me be the first to say, shut the fuck up, you are making conservatives look bad with all your incoherrent babble.

Why? Domestic warfare makes more money if you leave it alone. Foreign warfare you have to instigate, so you're going to see a more active approach taken. Domestic warfare only occurs in places the mainstream historically hasnt cared about (unless it's to browbeat a grievance), and it justifies law enforcement budgets and Private enterprise nationwide.

I think I like you.... I'm not sure yet lol

I've been debating lawyer expecting to get truthful unbiased replies lol. A tea party conservative at that. Like many people.. I never had a chance lol!

If you consider the shit you've been spewing as debating, you need to take your ass back to school.

My dad sold his deli in 2004 to Chinese that were right off the boat who had money from from China to buy the business. They went out of business in 2 years because they didn't know how to run a business in a poor neighborhood.

What's your point?

If you consider the shit you've been spewing as debating, you need to take your ass back to school.

Lol. I think my points have been made pretty clearly. Depending on how you look at things. But thank you for the kind words.

Personally, I have no idea. I try and avoid spending time in black neighborhoods. (I don't mean the wealthy, black suburbs. Just the low-income urban ghettos. I'm not racist or anything.)

You are 9 pages in, in a thread you started, and no one knows what your point is or what you are trying to say.

Apparently you dont believe in economic or historical facts, so why dont you tell us what is wrong with black people.

If what "pan" is saying was true... There would only be black poor areas. That's not the case... In my city at least.

OK. Now it makes sense... I mean the reason you don the right-wing conservative hat on matters of economics and the bleeding heart liberal hat on matters of race.

Like, if OWS had been a predominantly black movement you probably would have been rah-rah'ing them on from the sidelines. :icon_lol:

Probably not. I'm not a bleeding heart on matters of race, I don't even know what that means. We have race issues. Either we address the historical record honestly or we hide behind stereotypes to deflect from the seriousness of it's impact. I think addressing it is the proper course of action. But whether we have race issues or not doesn't change the economics of how things works.

That some people call addressing the race stuff as liberal surprises me because I would assume we're all against racism where it exists. To simplify, most of the social issues around race are traceable to centuries old economic policies directed at creating and managing an economic underclass.

If I tell someone that he can't go to college and that his kids can't go to college and neither can his grandkids or I'm killing them all then I'm an idiot if I'm surprised that his great-grandkids don't go to college either. I'm a bigger idiot if I look at 3 generations of people who don't go to college, on fear of violent retribution, and then say "See, they don't value college." It's insane, to me, that people ignore the decades of social/economic conditioning that preceded the civil rights act in judging the post-civil rights act behaviors.

You are 9 pages in, in a thread you started, and no one knows what your point is or what you are trying to say.

Apparently you dont believe in economic or historical facts, so why dont you tell us what is wrong with black people.

Apparently you can't read.

What's your point?

Pan believes that the language barrier among Asians is an advatange for them when it comes to doing business.

Ultra pointed out that a large number of Asians own businesses in black neighborhoods.

I'm saying just because Asians benefit economically off the black community doesn't mean they didn't have an initial advantage.

Personally, I have no idea. I try and avoid spending time in black neighborhoods. (I don't mean the wealthy, black suburbs. Just the low-income urban ghettos. I'm not racist or anything.)

Most people from America are inherently bias so I do t believe you.

As a conservative,let me be the first to say, shut the fuck up, you are making conservatives look bad with all your incoherrent babble.

WTF are you reading here?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems pretty clear to me that the OP is, himself, a black American and that he's coming at this issue from a BLM-like perspective. In other words, the very opposite of "conservative".

Pan believes that the language barrier among Asians is an advatange for them when it comes to doing business.

Ultra pointed out that a large number of Asians own businesses in black neighborhoods.

I'm saying just because Asians benefit economically off the black community doesn't mean they didn't have an initial advantage.

How is that relevant to my initial post?

Probably not. I'm not a bleeding heart on matters of race, I don't even know what that means. We have race issues. Either we address the historical record honestly or we hide behind stereotypes to deflect from the seriousness of it's impact. I think addressing it is the proper course of action. But whether we have race issues or not doesn't change the economics of how things works.

That some people call addressing the race stuff as liberal surprises me because I would assume we're all against racism where it exists. To simplify, most of the social issues around race are traceable to centuries old economic policies directed at creating and managing an economic underclass.

If I tell someone that he can't go to college and that his kids can't go to college and neither can his grandkids or I'm killing them all then I'm an idiot if I'm surprised that his great-grandkids don't go to college either. I'm a bigger idiot if I look at 3 generations of people who don't go to college, on fear of violent retribution, and then say "See, they don't value college." It's insane, to me, that people ignore the decades of social/economic conditioning that preceded the civil rights act in judging the post-civil rights act behaviors.
I bet ultramanhyata thinks we don't have race problems in this country anymore because a black man was elected PotUS.

Back