Movies BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER (New Poll: Predict Worldwide Box Office Gross)

Predict BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER's Total Worldwide Box Office Gross

• 1.8 billion to $1.999 billion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.2 billion to $2.399 billion

• $2.4 billion and above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: September 27, 2022

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER Joins Pantheon of Long Superhero Pics at Two Hours and 41 Minutes

new-still-from-black-panther-wakanda-forever-v0-wm1999k8gsp91.jpg

Ryan Coogler’s upcoming sequel Black Panther: Wakanda Forever sports a running time of two hours and 41 minutes, according to major theater chains that have started posting information about the movie on their websites. Disney later confirmed the running time.

The film joins the pantheon of Hollywood studio superhero pics with hefty running times and will be the second-longest of any title in the Marvel Cinematic Universe behind Avengers: Endgame. It is 26 minutes longer than the groundbreaking Black Panther (2:15).

The fourth Avengers film ran three hours and one minute on its way to becoming the No. 2 top-grossing film of all time at the global box office, with $2.79 billion in ticket sales, not adjusted for inflation.

The Black Panther sequel won’t be the longest superhero flick of 2022. Earlier this year, Matt Reeves’ The Batman, from rival DC, came in at two hours and 56 minutes. The hefty running time includes about eight minutes of credits, as with any movie.

Audiences don’t seem to be put off; like Avengers: Endgame, The Batman prospered, grossing $770.8 million despite the lingering impact of the pandemic.

The runtime was needed to capture the movie’s sweeping scope, which includes portions in Wakanda, the West and the aquatic world inhabited by the antagonist, Namor (Tenoch Huerta) — while also telling the emotional story of the loss of Chadwick Boseman’s T’Challa.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...wakanda-forever-runtime-mcu-movie-1235228098/

As I've said before: unless it's confirmed Doctor Doom will be appearing in a cameo/ACS, I won't be watching this in the cinema.

Marvel can be a right bunch of prick-teasers; "Ralph Bohner"* anyone? Then there was the early review for Far From Home, in which one critic said the Sinister Six and Oscorp appeared in the ACS. None of which happened when the final cut was released.

So yeah, my expectations are well and truly tempered:rolleyes:

"Bohner!":D

Last edited:
As I've said before: unless it's confirmed Doctor Doom will be appearing in a cameo/ACS, I won't be watching this in the cinema.

Marvel can be a right bunch of prick-teasers; "Ralph Bohner"* anyone? Then there was the early review for Far From Home, in which one critic said the Sinister Six and Oscorp appeared in the ACS. None of which happened when the final cut was released.

I wish they would make Ralph Bohner a running gag in the movies, kinda like how Stan Lee used to be in every one, they should have Bohner joke every movie

I will. Namor FTW.

They don't have much choice. Otherwise it would be a short movie.

Exactly. Namor is one of the true Super Heavyweights. On dry land he can stand and bang with the Hulk. In water, he'd beat the Hulk like a red-headed step child.

Forget beating the Black Panther. Prime, Healthy, Motivated, Full Training Camp Namor with, That Look in his eye would solo the entire Wakandan Army:cool:

Hard to tell what is going on, seems like a lot strong female leads. This movie will make a fortune. The one thing they have going for it is as nice as Boseman was, he wasn't like losing Superman or Batman. He is replaceable. I am major crushing on Lupita though....
OIP.EV64wafCVWhG_fiP9qUiJQHaFN

Hard to tell what is going on, seems like a lot strong female leads. This movie will make a fortune. The one thing they have going for it is as nice as Boseman was, he wasn't like losing Superman or Batman. He is replaceable. I am major crushing on Lupita though....
OIP.EV64wafCVWhG_fiP9qUiJQHaFN

Maybe he isn't as important a character as Superman or Batman, but Chadwick was born to play that role IMO. He was the perfect fit. Replacing him is impossible, and from the looks of it they're going with a female Black Panther now. Which I'm fine with.

Both trailers so far have looked great. Hopefully this movie can pull Phase 4 out of the mud. It's been very hit or miss so far. More miss than hit for me.

Movie doesn't look good at all. Again im done with the superhero genre but I will give GOTG vol 3 a watch and Deadpool 3 as well IF Hugh is really in it.

I think this film will have a huge opening weekend and will probably end up being the 2nd highest grossing film of 2022

Black Panther had a strong cast. I remember enjoying all of the relationships. Lupita's character, Shuri, and Okoye, M'Baku, etc, all were good characters that I enjoyed seeing alongside T'Challa.
I don't know what a movie without him holding things together looks like though.

I mean Namor vs. Shuri....? I dunno, man.
I'm a Marvel fanboy, so I'm in no matter what, but I am very curious to see what they do here.

Movie doesn't look good at all. Again im done with the superhero genre but I will give GOTG vol 3 a watch and Deadpool 3 as well IF Hugh is really in it.

I think this film will have a huge opening weekend and will probably end up being the 2nd highest grossing film of 2022

Agreed. It looks pretty bloated. I think they made a mistake underestimating how pivotal Tchalla was to the success of the movie. The supporting characters were fine but that's not what made the movie imo. I mean they are kind of doing it with the upcoming armor wars movie but i think that works better because Roadie is a more established character and sam Rockwell tears up the screen.

Also the namor underwater stuff brings up too soon a comparison to aquaman imo. Maybe I will be wrong and it will end up being really good. But I'm not vibing with it at all yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back