Movies BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER (New Poll: Predict Worldwide Box Office Gross)

Predict BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER's Total Worldwide Box Office Gross

• 1.8 billion to $1.999 billion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.2 billion to $2.399 billion

• $2.4 billion and above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: October 2, 2022

Official Trailer for BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER Shows the New Black Panther

Update: July 23, 2022

Emotionally Awesome Teaser Trailer for BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER

Update: October 11, 2018

Ryan Coogler Signs on to Write and Direct Marvel Studios' BLACK PANTHER Sequel

uFQiy4I.jpg

Ryan Coogler is going back to Wakanda. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter the filmmaker behind Marvel’s landmark Black Panther has quietly closed a deal to write and direct the sequel.

While the move was expected — Marvel wanted to keep the creative team as intact as possible and a sequel was never in any real doubt — the timing was always unclear.

Black Panther, centering on T'Challa, the king of a fictional African country, was an outsized success both commercially and critically. The movie, which starred Chadwick Boseman as the titular hero, grossed $700 million domestically and more than $1.3 billion worldwide, and is also considered a contender for Oscar consideration. The movie became a defining cultural moment and touchstone, especially for the black community.

In the weeks prior and after to the movie’s February release, both Marvel and Coogler’s camp were hounded about when a sequel deal would be inked. Typically, a filmmaker is more than willing to quickly sign on for a follow-up and a studio is eager to snap up a key piece of talent in the lead-up to or right after a successful opening. But Coogler’s camp shook off the peer pressure and took its time in making a deal, which occurred under the radar some time ago.

Sources say the plan at this stage is for Coogler to write next year with an eye to start production in either late 2019 or early 2020. Marvel and parent company Disney, however, have not made any official announcements about Marvel's slate of movies beyond the release of the next Avengers movie in May 2019 and a Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel in July — and plans could shift.

Coogler is developing the drama Wrong Answer with his frequent collaborator and Black Panther star Michael B. Jordan. He is also executive producing LeBron James’ Space Jam sequel and acts in the same capacity on the upcoming Creed 2.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...er-2-ryan-coogler-write-direct-sequel-1151626

Tyron Woodley would fit perfectly into this film

Personally I think a new creative team is exactly what Black Panther needs, but whatever.

Personally I think a new creative team is exactly what Black Panther needs, but whatever.
Really? I have about 700 million reasons for keeping the same creative team...

I know it was a landmark movie for black people, but if that wasn’t the dullest Superhero this side of Mr. Fantastic, I don’t know what to say. And I’m not getting the Michael B Johnson love either....he is the black version of Myles Teller....odd looking.

This time, Black Panther takes on the formidable arch-villain known as widespread forced female genital mutilation across Wakanda-adjacent countries

Coogler is a boss. No problems with this. Black Panther had some damn good elements and some problems, but Coogler has consistently proven himself to be a compelling filmmaker. He's just really starting out and he's delivered three movies that are varying levels of good to very good.

A great way to introduce Namor and Atlantis! make it happen!!

I know it was a landmark movie for black people, but if that wasn’t the dullest Superhero this side of Mr. Fantastic, I don’t know what to say. And I’m not getting the Michael B Johnson love either....he is the black version of Myles Teller....odd looking.
Was better than the first Cap and Thor movies imo.

Only good intro movie for a hero Marvel had was Iron Man.

Dr. Strange was pretty good, so was GoG.

Antman was better than expected, personally.

I thought Dr. Strange was a fringe top 5 for the MCU. Real good origin movie there in my opinion.

Strange how this movie brings out petty racism disguised as lame attempts at comedy.

Already a few examples in this thread.

BP was great. I actually thought it was so-so when I saw it in theatres but it grew on me big time when I rewatched it.

The suit is great, I love their tech. I love all the tie-ins for Wakanda/BP that have appeared in the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back