"Black Lives Matter" Activist undergoes use of force scenarios with police

Phelly2

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Cliffs
- For video, click on one of the news articles linked below.
- Cops invite black activist and protest leader to do force-on-force scenarios

- Activist gets killed on the first scenario
- Activist shoots unarmed man on the second scenario
- Activist apprehends a burglar on third scenario without firing a shot

- Activist has a change of heart and says people need to comply with police for their own safety

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...r-underwent-use-of-force-scenarios-with-cops/

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...al-of-police-undergoes-use-of-force-scenarios

I can't embed the video because I'm at work. Sorry.

Last edited:
There's the first liberal claiming he doesn't understand the argument. More to come.

Ok, well that settles it. We are all going to pack it up and stop demonstrations.

This is a pathetic and staged attempt to discredit protestors.

Ok, well that settles it. We are all going to pack it up and stop demonstrations.

This is a pathetic and staged attempt to discredit protestors.

You believe this is staged? What makes you believe that? This guy is a legit civil rights activist and pastor/reverend. Why would he conspire to discredit his own cause?

So this just makes things even worse when a police officer kills another person since they have so much money and time spent on training to avoid unnecessary deaths.

So this just makes things even worse when a police officer kills another person since they have so much money and time spent on training to avoid unnecessary deaths.
Do they?

Anyway the way training works, is you gain skills which reduce the number of times you fuck up. It doesn't make you perfect. You still fuck up some percentage of the time. Plus some times no matter how skilled you are, the information is not there to make the right decision.

this scenario would be more reliable if they take other Police officer from different countries and showed to the people how they react, in usual American police confrontation.

because the activist is never been in Police Training, whatever he did in that scenario become less valuable.

Its like when a troll insults some celebrity on the internet and that celebrity responds to him, the troll immediately retracts what he said and becomes a fan. I guess the activist did the same thing here, except with police.

Last edited:

this scenario would be more reliable if they take other Police officer from different countries and showed to the people how they react, in usual American police confrontation.

because the activist is never been in Police Training, whatever he did in that scenario become less valuable.

None of these scenarios required any police training or skills. There's no marksmanship, no law, nothing that requires training.

These are just split second judgment calls you make based on what little information you have. You can't train good judgment. It's something you already have--ESPECIALLY if you feel qualified to criticize an officer's actions in the field.

In these situations, police training would only help in two ways:

1) Stress inoculation. Police have "been there, done that" and thus might be a little more cool under the pressure. A younger, less experienced officer might actually be less cool. I thought the activist did pretty well in this regard. Then again, this was just a training scenario--in the real world, it's a different beast all together.

2) Knowledge of the when force is lawful or not, which, again, anyone who doesn't know this has no place criticizing cops.

I think what changed the activist's mind is that he did not realize how quick a regular situation can turn to shit, and that it's impossible to tell the difference between a non-compliant person who does not mean any real harm, and a person who's ready to end your life so that he doesn't go to prison. And by the time you find out which one of those you're dealing with, it's too late.

Last edited:
Im here for the "black crimes matter" movement.

I think the first scenario is pretty unrealistic - some guy is casing cars and stashes a gun behind a car and then comes out firing? I think that one is set up to "kill" the cop so then the trainee is trigger happy in the next scenario so he "shoots" the unarmed man approaching him aggressively.

You believe this is staged? What makes you believe that? This guy is a legit civil rights activist and pastor/reverend. Why would he conspire to discredit his own cause?

Because it doesn't suit the posters adgenda

Lol @ the people in this thread trying to twist this. It's an interesting video that's for sure.

I think the first scenario is pretty unrealistic - some guy is casing cars and stashes a gun behind a car and then comes out firing? I think that one is set up to "kill" the cop so then the trainee is trigger happy in the next scenario so he "shoots" the unarmed man approaching him aggressively.

So if they had done the second scenario first you think that the activist would have just let the guy kick his ass? I'm not criticizing you, I'm just interested in your opinion.

Its like when a troll insults some celerity on the internet and that celerity responds to him, the troll immediately retracts what he said and becomes a fan. I guess the activist did the same thing here, except with police.

I think the word you are looking for is "empathy".

There's a word I haven't seen since high school. SAT lesson for the day, kids:

"Celerity" means swiftness.

Overall it's a good video. Even the last scenario. If a cop had a burglary suspect on the ground with his gun pointed to the back of the guy's neck you can bet someone would film it and put it on youtube as police brutality even without knowing the circumstances.

Back