Black Fedor > Fedor

IF Daniel beats JBJ and Cain somehow loses and Daniel moves up to heavyweight and beats that champ then well have this discussion

Just being honest. Let's see my naysayers provide the PROOF I've provided.

I am not at all a Fedor nuthugger and I do think he padded his record a bit and avoided the UFC prior to losing to Werdum, Bigfoot and Hendo but you have provided no PROOF.

MMAth doesn't work to support your statement. You claimed DC is better than Fedor ever was but Ferdor 15 fights into his career isn't the same as the Fedor that fought BF and Hendo. DC is fighting Hendo at 199 lbs and fresh off of TRT that allowed him to extend his career. I doubt that Cormier is insulted at being compared to Fedor who is legitimately considered one of the greatest of all time. No boxer gets insulted at being compared to Ali or Tyson.

Talks about Prime Fedor. Gives examples of out of prime Fedor.

Cormier is older now than Fedor was when he lost to Werdum, Silva and Hendo. Fedor was only 33 when began losing.

Mileage matters far more than age, Cormier is 35 but he's only had 15 fights, Fedor is 37 and has had 39 fights and a shit load of Combat Sambo fights. At 33, Fedor had 33 fights, more than double the amount of fights Cormier currently has and that isn't counting Combat Sambo which is pretty close to MMA.

Last edited:
Cormier is older now than Fedor was when he lost to Werdum, Silva and Hendo. Fedor was only 33 when began losing.

ya but what about fighter milage? fedor had been fighting for 9 years at heavyweight at that point (2009). cormier debuted in strikeforce in 2009.

Talks about Prime Fedor. Gives examples of out of prime Fedor.

on this very board people started talking about fedor being out of his prime back in like 2009. both his fights in 2009 were indication that fedor was out of his prime, but still good enough to defeat top heavyweights.

Oh so mmamath is why? Great logic there.

Mileage matters far more than age, Cormier is 35 but he's only had 15 fights, Fedor is 37 and has had 39 fights and a shit load of Combat Sambo fights. At 33, Fedor had 33 fights, more than double the amount of fights Cormier currently has and that isn't counting Combat Sambo which his pretty close to MMA.

perfect example to go along with this is shogun rua. the man is 32 years old, but clearly is older than that in fight years.

Didn't take long. This kid won't last long here if he keeps this up.

No shit.

Fighters from different era's.

And Jordan Mein would probably wreck Matt Hughes.

Arguing who the better fighter is, is stupid because there's so many factors that play into it. When they fought, point in career, styles, opponents, etc.

Sure there are fighters that are better than Fedor, but when someone goes on a 30+ fight win streak at heavy weight, fighting the best fighters in the world throughout, then we can make comparisons.

15 0.

Wins against legendary warriors such as Gary Frasier , John Devine , Lucas Browne , Tony Johnson , Jason Riley , Devin Cole , Dion Starring and Patrick Cummins.

Fedor only fought tomato cans in Japan and lets not forget that every fight in Pride was fixed.

herp-A-derp-dederp-herpburp

on this very board people started talking about fedor being out of his prime back in like 2009. both his fights in 2009 were indication that fedor was out of his prime, but still good enough to defeat top heavyweights.

I would say his prime ended in 2008 when he lost his first Combat Sambo match in 8 years and when he started fighting like a headhunter or at least around 2008 and before 2009.

btw..prime fedor...he is only 2 years older than DC right now...Fedor is 37...and DC is 35....Fedor just got outclassed by a new more knowledgeable MMA generation...he cant compete with the athletes today..as Fedor was never an athlete.

This post reeks of typical fat keyboard warrior guy who knows nothing about fighting. This isn't fucking curling. Your body and mind gets worn out from fighting for 10 years professionally. It's not just the matches you dumb fuck, it's the sparring, the constant training etc.

Fedor was never an athlete? I'm sure you know alot about being an athlete lmao. What a joke.

Fighting isn't about just being an athlete btw, you have to have INCREDIBLE mental toughness at the elite level. And it is something that probably doesn't stay with you forever (i think alot of fighters lose the mental edge before they lose the physical one but that is just my theory), wich is in my opinion the biggest reason why alot of fighters have a career that is about 7 years long prime no matter when they start. I remember reading an article talking about this being statistically proven.

Brock Lesnar was quite a freak athlete, he still didn't do much against Cain or Overeem. And i say that with alot of respect, at least he stepped into the cage with them with so little experience wich is incredible in itself.

Let's talk about this Black Fedor thing after and if he beats Jones. Which I don't think he will.

I have a question, if DC stayed at HW do you think he would've been able to beat Cain? I honestly think he would've won

Fedor was a monster with no weaknesses in his day.

It's impossible to say anyone's outright better than Prime Fedor because Prime Fedor was about as close to invincible as a fighter gets.

I think this sums it up best.

I like both fighters, so, I am not going to say who is better. We never will know. DC looks like he is on the rise. Too bad he is 35. But, I respect both fighters. I won't put on over the other. THey are both the best.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back