Black Belts under Paulo Filho?

Siliran

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I didn't really know where to post this so I assumed the only grappling section I saw would be best. I'm trying to find a list of black belts under Paulo Filho as I am wanting to start training BJJ (already a black belt in shuri ryu karate and have a good amount of judo experience) but with all the fake black belt stuff going on it's hard to know if places are legitimate or not just based on what the coaches at the gym say about themselves. The coach at the gym I am looking at says he got his black belt under Paulo Filho and I just wanted to do some more research before committing to a six month contract with that gym, not to disrespect him but you can't be too careful with these kinds of things as it ends up being a lot of money.

Any help would be appreciated, or if this is the wrong area to ask this a redirection to the right area to post it (or maybe mod move it?) would be appreciated as well. Thanks again.

did you do a trial class? Sounds like you have martial arts experience, it should be fairly obvious. If you look at the exposed blackbelt seems like any observer should have a 'gut feeling'

A legit black belt will be able to demonstrate a move quickly and cleanly. Most of the fake BB''s I saw on videos just flop around and it's obvious they are trying to imitate a video and are trying to figure it out as they go.

And the fake BB that got yelled at, didn't even know what closed guard was, so that's a red flag right there.

That being said nothing wrong with doing due diligence and researching.

Back