Black Belt Super fight, finishes using a nice choke

They showed something similar in Gracie Mag a few months back.

It's pretty cool and it works really well.

Im pretty sure I saw Barata do this at the Las Vegas International a couple months back. Maybe one of his students who posts here could confirm. I think Daveb is a Barata student.

Sorry thats as close as I could get. One of our other guys filmed a closer version I'll upload that one too.

Actually Andre has been getting a lot of emails and text messages asking for the details to this choke and the variations. So he is working on putting that together, once its finished I'll post it up for you guys. Its definately a creative choke because you feel one hand in and dont realize the danger until its too late.

BTW did anyone notice who the ref was? The great Master Relson Gracie himself!!

ttt

Check out this choke using only one hand, finishes the fight in less than a min. Pretty sweet choke can be set up from multiple positions.

Andre trained with us whilst he was in London, and spent A LOT of time showing us that choke. He asked us not to talk about it. So i won't. But it is very VERY tight. But for reasons I won't discuss, i do not recommend it in competitions.

Sorry i couldn't be more help. :D

Seems like you will usually be pulling the gi over the head attempting this..which is a no no. I need to see an instructional to know whether I could do this without constantly conrholio'ing my training partners.

Cornholio.jpg

Barata did hit that choke a couple months back. The gi needs to be pulled up around the neck. Slip one hand under the bunched up gi and reach the opposite lapel. I like this choke from guard.

Im pretty sure I saw Barata do this at the Las Vegas International a couple months back. Maybe one of his students who posts here could confirm. I think Daveb is a Barata student.

Damn Josh beat me to it

Ya Barata hit it in the LV Open. My friend has video I'll see if he'll let me post it. Barata and another guy at our gym love this choke. Its super tricky and they've been coming up with a lot of variations on it.

I haven't worked with it yet because I've been working mostly No Gi for the worlds but am excited to put the gi back on and experiment with it

Back