Media Black Beast hints at potentially career ending health condition

Man hopefully he doesn't have to retire.
I wish the best to Black Beast because he's a consistently entertaining HW and makes the HW division a LOT more fun. Also just a great guy.

It might be best for him to retire, he has been talking about health problems a lot. Maybe get a money fight against some high-profile guy and then fuck off into retirement?

Right, AFAIK most of that was because his back was giving him problems but i could be wrong. This sounds alot more serious than that

"Life & Death" situation.... can't be a back problem. Definitively heart thing :(

Personal doctor told him not to take the fight. Gets second opinion from UFC doctor who tells him not to worry about it and fight anyway. Jesus.

Wish him the best and hope its not as serious as it sounds.

Pretty sure hes talking about his lower back issues, didnt watch the vid so idk tho
Edit nvm “life or death”
Ehh doubt its his back even though being paralyzed is pretty much death for someone whos been able bodied their whole life

Good. Dude doesn't even bother to get in shape for professional fist fights, he should probably focus on his health.

I'm not surprised after that beating Latifi gave to him.

Yeah. It has been the same thing with his back problems.

From day 1 he said he was in it for the money. It seems like yesterday he made his debut. Now he has almost 20 UFC fights. I guess he is doing pretty well economically.
Does not strike me as the guy who spends money on lavish.

You can Google it but I know for sure he has bought a lambo and a fancy boat and upgraded to a huge house. This was after he got paid big for the Cormier fight, rumor was over 1 mill. Seems to not be spending the money in smart ways. He'll continue fighting I bet.

You can Google it but I know for sure he has bought a lambo and a fancy boat and upgraded to a huge house. This was after he got paid big for the Cormier fight, rumor was over 1 mill. Seems to not be spending the money in smart ways. He'll continue fighting I bet.
Oh no... please no!

If I had to guess, it's probably a heart condition. I certainly hope it's not anything life threatening as he is making it out to be. I hope he makes the right decisions moving forward and I'll be praying for him.

Only thing I'm aware of is his back issue that he has been fighting for years. At points in his short UFC career has had times he couldn't even train hardly because of it.

I know Ariel and him talked about in that past and it sounds like not a lot that could be done to fix it. No matter what kind of surgery he could have chances are it would end his career in MMA and still not guarantee he'd still have back issues.

Sounds like this issue is maybe some heart murmur thing. Some doctors say stop all sports activity and others say many athletes have had full careers with it and regardless of what you do the end result can be the same.

Last edited:
would suck if he retires, but he has the personality to make it big in other areas like acting, podcast, etc..

Only thing I'm aware of is his back issue that he has been fighting for years. At points in his short UFC career has had times he couldn't even train hardly because of it.

I know Ariel and him talked about in that past and it sounds like not a lot that could be done to fix it. No matter what kind of surgery he could have chances are it would end his career in MMA and still not guarantee he'd still have back issues.

He said this is something that could be life threatening.

Back