Movies BLACK ADAM (Tracking for $60 Million Opening Weekend)

If you have seen BLACK ADAM, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 8 - Good

• 6 - Decent

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: January 19, 2017

BLACK ADAM Gets His Own Standalone Movie Starring Dwayne Johnson

9IsMs9S.jpg

New Line and DC Entertainment are doubling down on comic book hero Shazam!

New Line, which has been for over a decade developing a movie on the long-time DC character, will develop concurrently a movie centering on Black Adam, with Dwayne Johnson attached to star as Shazam’s arch-nemesis.

The move stems from last week’s high level meeting with Johnson and DC Films co-head and comics author Geoff Johns, after which Johnson took to social media to promise “hope, optimism & fun.”

But on a deeper level, the meeting led to a reconfiguring of the Shazam! movie. Johnson has been attached to play Black Adam since around 2008. Since that time, the actor has become arguably the biggest male actor on the planet. To execs, it made no sense to have a man of Johnson’s stature be just a villain and a supporting character in an expensive tentpole. Thus a decision was made to spin Black Adam into his own film.

Adam’s screen take involves him being an anti-hero. And it also mirrors recent developments in the DC comics, in stories written by Johns, where Adam, while still a villain, was fighting against enemies who sought to enslave his people.

No writer or filmmaker is attached to Black Adam. Shazam! has a script that is being worked by Henry Gayden, says one source.

One of the oldest comic characters around, Shazam was originally known as Captain Marvel. The stories centered on Billy Batson, a teenager who becomes the superhero when he utters the magic word "Shazam!" The name is an acronym for six gods and heroes of the ancient world as well as their attributes: the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Aries, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury.

Dwayne Johnson's DC Villain Black Adam Getting His Own Movie

Sounds like Black Adam won't be appearing in the Shazam movie anymore.

I dunno, something doesn't feel right. Proper order should be Shazam movie first, introduce Black Adam, then have his own spinoff movie. We'll see.

I mean... I'll watch it.

But just knowing that it's DC means that I know to temper my excitement.

So basically the DCEU is basing their movies around the actors stature, as opposed to the characters themselves?

The Rock has been just fine being the secondary character and/or antagonist. I think he would have made Shazam a whole lot better

This is going to be weird.

I'm not a huge DC guy, but Black Adam is one of my favorite characters of theirs.. And I like it when he's tangled up with JSA.

Black Adam is a pretty cool character. Under used in DC IMO. He can give Supes a go with the magic powers and is equal in strength. Shouldn't be limited to just a Captain Marvel baddie.

it just seems like dc is doing everything ass backwards

suicide squad before justice league, or even a proper flash, GL, wonder woman or aquaman movie

now black adam before, i dunno 10 other movies that would make hella more sense

No release date yet? Something seems fishy.

I dunno, something doesn't feel right. Proper order should be Shazam movie first, introduce Black Adam, then have his own spinoff movie. We'll see.

That is odd.

it just seems like dc is doing everything ass backwards

suicide squad before justice league, or even a proper flash, GL, wonder woman or aquaman movie

now black adam before, i dunno 10 other movies that would make hella more sense

right. even before even considering a martian manhunter movie.

Aren't they also coming out with a vixens of gotham or some shit before GL or Flash too?

I really, really want this movie to be good. But my hopes are not high.

It's great that he can write his own ticket now, but what we really need is a film version of SNL sketch THE ROCK OBAMA, minus the Hulk-angle.

landscape-1427645959-therock.png

This man might be president.

Good luck with that Shazam movie now that Rock is getting his own Black Adam movie. No point in even going further with that project. They should just flip the script and have Shazam be a side character in the Black Adam movie.

Weird to have a spinoff if he doesn't appear in the movie, and let's be honest here: this trademark mixup is lame as fuck! The Big Red Cheese is the real Captain Marvel, not that lame Marvel Comics alien who died from cancer of all things!

Agreed. While i love me some Dwayne, it makes no sense. Villain as a star? Loki could hardly pull that in the MCU, and he was arguably the best villain there.

If they wanted Johnson with his instagram/twitter power to actually lead, then they should have made him Shazam.

What they are doing is making Black Adam a sort of hero in his movie and releasing it first so when Shazam comes out people will be torn on who to root for. So yeah he is going to be in both movies as far as I'm aware

Its a dumb idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back